TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Look at your account. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, it's not mine. But if it stopped using lady-scented bodywash, it could look like it's mine. Swan Dive!
Okay, I guess since I've been posting in forums more (specifically just the Pantheon forum), I guesss I could spruce up my article in case anyone would like to read it. I don't know how often I'll update it though. I could still be on this site 5 years from now and not bother updating this, making it horribly outdated. Oh well, it's just a dumb site about cataloging tropes.
Tropes that apply (as of 11/14):
- Berserk Button: More like "Annoyance Button", I rarely go full-on berserk. Even those few times are usually only for a few seconds.
- General stupid/thoughtless behavior.
- Ponies. I just can't, I'm sorry.
- The ubiquity of anime characters in the Pantheon has become a fairly minor one for me, but I'm in the minority on that.
- Also the overuse of certain tropes or words. Humorously enough, Berserk Button is one of those tropes that I find to be horribly overused. Though like I said, it's more of an "annoyance" button, there's not a whole lot that gets me truly mad.
- Catch Phrase: Do not have one, and I do not believe they should exist in real life casual conversation. They always seem so manufactured.
- Curtains Match the Window: Not that you would know.
- Deadpan Snarker/Cloud Cuckoolander: Odd combination. I don't always snark, usually I make weird statements or ask questions (usually jokingly) but in a deadpan way.
- Fanboy: Of video games, primarily Nintendo.
- Fan Of The Underdog/Hype Aversion: Hand in hand, these two tropes have caused people to think I'm a hipster. My friend and I prefer the term "contrarian". Exceptions to the rules exist, of course.
- Grammar Nazi
- Little Big Brother: Not by very much, but definitely this. Again, this is something you couldn't possibly have known.
- Narm: This is my reaction to other tropers' profiles whenever they call themselves Brilliant but Lazy, Deadpan Snarker, list too many Berserk Buttons, or just generally try to make themselves sound cooler than they might actually be. Do not take my feelings to heart, because you know yourself better than I know you.
- Pungeon Master
- Serious Business: Fanfiction. I believe that, at heart, a fanfic should be an expression of enjoyment of the original work, and should be written out of the love of writing/love of the original work. Not for reviews, not for attention, only for fun (even if attention is nice). Forewarning, if you have no faith in your summary, then I will have no faith in your actual story. Seriously, it's not that hard to write a freaking summary, just give a brief description of the story. And brush up on your English (provided it's your primary language).
- Troll: Shades of it, but it doesn't often show on this site. I got an account deleted once for a minor slip-up years back, I'm playing it safe from now on.
Pages I've created
Characters I've ascended into the TV Tropes Pantheon (in no particular order):
The first actual profile I wrote was for Tyler
, but it was very lackluster and I did not object to it finally being deleted after a while. I may
have originally written the profile for Major Armstrong
, but I don't remember for sure.
Profiles I've written for others/Profiles written on my behalf (chronological order):
First. - Mosquito Man