- Azumanga Daioh. Sakaki-san is my favorite.
- Cowboy Bebop.
- Mai-HiME. Natsuki, Nao, and Midori are my top three.
- K-On!. Mio and Azu-nyan especially.
- Lucky Star.
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Currently dominating my pop culture hobbies as of December 2013.
- Homura and Sayaka are my favorite characters. Yes, the fact that they don't get along in-series drives me up the wall. Yes, what happened in Rebellion regarding Homura REALLY drives me up the wall - after watching it I walked out of the theater so catatonic my dad thought I had just attended his funeral. But I'm not giving up on her - I can't personally condone her actions, but I'm still holding out for a way to make a better resolution. I'm still hoping she'll turn back in Season 2. I'm still looking for some eventual outcome that everyone can look back on and say, "Well, at least it's better than what it was before". I do wonder just how delusional I'm being by taking this stance. Don't get me wrong, though - I think Urobuchi, Shinbo, and the rest of the Quartet made a good movie.
- Separately, I stand by my assertion that Homura would be a Patriots fan, Sayaka would be a Jets fan, Kyoko would be a Saints fan, Mami would be a Packers fan, Nagisa would be a Bears fan, and Hitomi would be a Cowboys fan. (Post-Rebellion, Homura is a Raiders fan and Sayaka is a Broncos fan.) I'm not sure whom Madoka would cheer for, though: maybe a generally clean-image team like the 49ers, or maybe a long-suffering franchise like the Lions, Browns, Vikings, or Cardinals.
- New York Jets fan. Also follow the Chicago Bears to some extent.
- New York Rangers fan. No, I didn't get to partake in the joyous relief of '94 - I started following them in '97.
Opinions which I suspect I am in the minority about
- Pete Carroll choosing to pass on 2nd and Goal in SB XLIX was not stupid. I would have considered a play-action pass, but the Patriots had eight men in the box.
- Gary Bettman gets an excessive amount of criticism for where the NHL has gone.
Tropes that (I think) apply to me
- Accidental Pun: Maybe we all actually do it and I only just notice it more often.
- Artifact Title: In regards to my handle - when I first started getting an internet identity back in the early '00s my attention was on the Mega Man series and stumbling upon Bob and George.
- Asian and Nerdy
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Berserk Button: Do not badmouth the Jets or Rangers without any logical argument. I am perfectly fine with you cheering for rival teams like the Devils or Flyers or Islanders or Patriots (you like who you like), and if they are actually doing poorly (e.g., the 2012 Jets) I won't have an argument against your claim; it is when you disparange for the sole reason of being The Gadfly or Troll that you take your life into your own hands, as it is something I find crass.
- Bilingual Dialogue: Occasionally with my parents.
- Birthday Hater
- Black and White Insanity: It hasn't gotten to the point of what fiction usually portrays, but it's frequently difficult for me to determine where that gray zone is in determining how much to believe someone in front of me. I tend to think in binary (true/false).
- Brilliant, but Lazy
- Caffeine Bullet Time: a couple cups of coffee or tea and my brain can burst out ideas like a fire hose. For instance, the eight or so WMGs I've written on the Rebellion page in about one day.
- Does Not Understand Sarcasm: Unless you make it really obvious, like exaggerate the tone of your voice.
- Et Tu, Brute?: I do not take betrayal well. Unfortunately, I learned this in a game of Diplomacy. The result was thrown Chinese takeout.
- This post and those responding to it (warning: Rebellion spoilers) suggests this is why I felt the way I did walking out of the theater about Homura, someone whom I identify with the most closely in a long while. Other possible reasons (not necessarily mutually exclusive): Broken Pedestal ("I looked up to you!"), Tomato in the Mirror ("I'm so much like her"), Heel Realization ("I don't want to do that"). You might consider this melodramatic and I wouldn't blame you one bit as I'm inclined to agree.
- Forgets to Eat: If I'm sufficiently absorbed into something.
- Game of Nerds: The array of statistics in baseball probably got me started, but it's since branched into other sports.
- Hand Behind Head: When I'm in an unfamiliar or otherwise nerve-inducing social situation. Which is very frequent.
- Hates Small Talk: I'll try to be polite about it, but there will not be many situations where I will talk for the sake of talking.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Seems to be my default response whenever I encounter a real Wham Episode in my life. It might be learning about someone's death, it might be Rebellion.note
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Well, for whatever value of "heroic" you're willing to grant me. I've certainly done the latter half more consistently.
- An Ice Person: OK, I don't literally have ice-based superpowers, but I do prefer cooler temperatures than most others and I do enjoy snow (at least when I don't have to shovel it).
- Jaded Washout
- Joisey: Born and raised.
- Man Child: Trying to move away from this - success is variable. Probably a factor in being...
- Older Than They Look: My age is consistently underestimated by others - the difference is usually four to six years.
- The Navigator: I just like maps for some reason.
- Pride: Increasingly I am finding this to be my greatest weakness. If the Seven Heavenly Virtues article is anything to go by, my apparent default solution (continually finding reasons why I suck) isn't really that good of a solution. It is not a happy thought.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: More than once I have waited until the night before its due to write a 5 or 10 page paper for class. More than once have I heard the birds outside my old dorm room chirp in the dark at the impending sunrise.
- Rousseau Was Right: Probably moreso than is safe for my well-being, despite how I may react to the world at large.
- Safety in Indifference: Wasn't so long ago I was like this.
- Serial Tweaker: Poor holdover habit - I'm so used to doing it right and editing as I go on my school assignments the first time around.
- Thousand-Yard Stare: When my brain goes off on a tangent somewhere not related to whatever's going on around me, I end up doing this sometimes. My parents call them "idiot moments" in Mandarin. Usually it's me not being all that interested in my surroundings, although this does also happen during my Heroic B.S.O.D. moments.