Like many tropers, Kif finds it far easier to rip off Megan Crewe than to talk about himself. (Everybody go read her books. She's fucking awesome.) Here's best attempt:
Hello, there. I'm Kif. Yes, my name is a Shout-Out
. Anyway. I'm fourteen years old, and I live... in America.
I don't watch much TV; I'm mainly here for the literature articles. I have a GoodReads account
, as well as an account on The Infosphere, which is a Futurama wiki. I have also written a fan fic of Gone
, and although I'll probably never publish it, feel free to see what it's like. And, finally, I've done a few reviews for this site, most notably my highly controversial review of Soul Eater
open/close all folders
Some things that are awesome, alphabetical order, with asterisks indicating pages I created:
- A Chorus Line (I'm a dancer. I'm not allowed to dislike this show.)
- A Dose Of Buckley (I live and breathe off of his cynical attitude.)
- The Academy Is (I never heard the words that were spoken, with the rumored nights, with the rondez vous...)
- All Time Low (Come back to the place we knew before; retrace our steps to the basement door; I'll ask you if the rain still makes you smile...)
- K. A. Applegate (Probably the best sellout there is.)
- Animorphs (Because it defined my childhood.)
- Cinnamon Bunzuh! (Because it reminded me of that series I'd always loved. And it introduced me to Jesus Whale.)
- Remnants (2Face is the best character in all of fiction.)
- Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (Mostly because she published her first book when she was younger than me.)
- Den of Shadows* (Mainly for Shattered Mirror and All Just Glass.)
- Kiesha'ra (Hawksong is a beautiful piece of literature.)
- Bakuman。 (It's just so authentic!)
- Calvin and Hobbes (Did I really even need to say that? Of course not. You already know.)
- Cassandra Clare (The best guilty pleasure there is.)
- Suzanne Collins* (A literary genius.)
- The Daily Show (Thank you, Jon Stewart, for teaching me how to debate in politics without seeming like an asshat.)
- Death Note (The most successfully suspenseful thing I've ever seen in my life.)
- Fall Out Boy (My smile's an open wound without you...)
- The Far Side (COWS!)
- Tina Fey (The goddess of stereotypes.)
- 30 Rock (Because... 30 Rock.)
- Mean Girls (THIS MOVIE TOTALLY JUST MAKES ME WANT TO STAB CAESAR!)
- Flowers for Algernon (Brb, crying forever.)
- Futurama (Good news, everyone! It's my very favorite American TV show!)
- Michael Grant* (The other really great sellout to define my childhood.)
- Gone (Spoiler alert: everybody dies. And it's beautiful.)
- Eve and Adam* (Not exactly deep or tense, but very fun and funny.)
- John Green (I'm a teenager. I'm required to like him.)
- Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (Please don't laugh at me.)
- Kokoro Connect (Even if my balls hurt every time I think about it.)
- David Levithan* (Because he's clever and honest.)
- Liar* (This is the worst book ever. Wait no, I was lying - it's one of my favorites.)
- The Light In The Piazza (The best score ever written for musical theatre.)
- Mayday Parade (Stay and watch the stars come out and then the sun as they all fade away; I'll sing every song I know if it'll make you wanna stay...)
- My Chemical Romance (I'd quote one of their songs, but I think it would scare you.)
- Nitrome (Remnants-style weirdness forever.)
- Paramore (So go get your shovel, and we'll dig a deep hole, to bury the castle...)
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Now this? This was the big thing full of feels that everybody promised.)
- The Pendragon Adventure (The other series that defined my childhood, although Animorphs holds up better.)
- Pixar (Because you'd have to be a soulless monster not to like them.)
- Stephen Sondheim (Finishing the Hat completely changed how I look at musical theatre.)
- Joss Whedon (He is the king of the Bald of Awesome.)
- Wicked (Is there anything I'm allowed to not like?)
- Yellowcard (All I can think about is you and me driving with a Saves the Day record on; we were singing 'till our voices were gone...)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series (Nyeh.)
- Zits (Teenagers scare the livin' shit outta me!)
Tropes that apply to Kif include:
- Ascended Fanboy: His goal.
- Berserk Button: People calling him gay, people making fun of guy dancers, people making jokes about suicide.
- Bi the Way
- Buffy Speak: He's a rather good persuasive speaker when he has a script. When he doesn't...
- Camp Gay: People have this misconception about him a lot, because he dances and goes to an arts school. (The latter part of the sentence is half-true. The former, no.)
- Catchphrase: "Fuck everything."
- Also, he's fond of saying that things happened "Because of reasons."
- And he likes introducing new topics by saying, "Incidentally..."
- Covert Pervert: No elaboration given.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Both his hair and his eyes are brown.
- Emo Teen: He's a crossover between this and a Nerd. He's more into Emo fashion and music than actually being one.
- Enraged By Idiocy: Internally - he tries his best to hide it in the real world. But one time he went positively ballistic on someone who used the word 'retard' as an insult and tried to justify it.
- Hollywood Dateless: He likes to think so, anyway...
- Incredibly Lame Pun: He has to physically restrain himself from making them on this wiki and in real life.
- Informed Judaism: He tells people he's Jewish, despite the fact that he's only Jewish by decent, because it's easier than telling people he's a Unitarianish-Agnostic-Athiest-Thingy.
- Lawful Neutral: The former is much to his dismay.
- Mistaken for Gay: Happens more than he'd like. (Not that they're entirely wrong.)
- Nerd: Because who here isn't?
- Notable References to TV Tropes / TV Tropes Ruined My Vocabulary: As any of his friends will tell you.
- One of Us
- Only Known by Their Nickname: He has a stubborn refusal to reveal his real name to the internet. The closest you're going to get is 'Mike'.
- Shout-Out: His name, first of all. He's also known to make references to obscure books that nobody gets.
- Take That: Don't talk to him about Britney Spears. Or Graceling. Or iCarly. Or Pitch Perfect.
- For other notable Take Thats of his, see places like here. And here. And here. And especially here.
Tropes that I really like:
Leave Your Vandalism Below: