We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
I'm not going write a lengthy description of myself, since labeling myself is so much more fun: hence the sort-of-lengthy trope list below. But I will mention that I'm a young adult (which means somewhere between 17 and 27), I'm a dedicated writer (troping my WIP was pure heaven), I'm a Christian (but please don't label me with any stereotypes, especially if they start with "evangelical" or "fundamentalist"), and I'm a woman (which should be rather obvious from my handle). My handle also happens to hold several other clues to my personality, but I won't go on about them here. Tropes await!
Jewel Maiden's life provides examples of:
Jewel Maiden's main work-in-progress provides examples of:
- Afraid of Needles: Not to a debilitating extent, but enough.
- Brainy Brunette: Er — yes. Humble, too. Quite.
- Bad Dreams: I get these quite a lot, though I don't see how they can possibly signify an intriguing Back Story. I haven't been around that long, and I don't believe in reincarnation. Deja vu? Snort.
- Beware the Nice Ones: People tend to think I'm sweet and cute ... until they push a button.
- Bookworm: Like you wouldn't believe.
- Born in the Wrong Century: Though if I ever time-travel, I'm taking my chapstick with me.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: On occasion.
- Cloudcuckoolander: It's debatable whether I've ever been described so well by a single trope page. Except that...well...you live in the world, and you learn things. But you forget them as often as possible.
- Genius Book Club: Not on purpose. I can't help it that I regularly read War and Peace and Middlemarch for fun.
- Girl Next Door: Preeeety much. Certainly I look like the classic example, but other tropes may disprove this.
- Grammar Nazi: For lack of a better term. I'm more of a Punctuation Rights Activist than anything; as a matter of fact, I champion split infinitives.
- Mood-Swinger: Oh, goodness.
- My Eyes Are Up Here: I've had to use this line a few times—but, being shy, I mostly glare out of the corner of my eye. Believe me, buxom ISN'T better.
- NaNoWriMo: I would not miss it for anything.
- Not a Morning Person: Could anyone be less so? (Though technically speaking — cue the hate! — right after midnight is my best time. In ... the morning.)
- Not Helping Your Case: This is true for me much more often than I like to admit.
- Shorter Means Smarter: Well, I like to think so.
- Tsundere: Type B (though I've delivered several undeserved Armor Piercing Slaps before). I am being brutally honest, by the way. This is a Brutally Honest page.
- Write Who You Know: I've done this more than once. And nobody's ever guessed it.
Some of Jewel Maiden's current fandoms:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Played straight with Rhoyna, averted with Glynnis.
- Bad Dreams: Evan and Glynnis.
- Big Brother Instinct: Evan to Rhoyna.
- Bittersweet Ending: Due in part to Maybe Ever After.
- Break the Cutie: Selwin and Rhoyna. The verdict's still out on whether Margery counts.
- The Charmer: Selwin. Oh so much.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Subverted. Thank God.
- Death Seeker: Evan, which overlaps with Glory Seeker.
- The Determinator: If you happen to be an ordinary useful person on the side Which-Is-Not-Evan's, you may as well give up. No really. Give up.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight
- Even the Guys Want Him: Selwin. This has been confirmed by ... others.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Evan + Selwin is the most obvious example, but there are others, including Rhys, Dafydd, Gwilym, and Malcolm. (By the bye, I love my Welsh names.)
- Glory Hound: The Big Bad, who is also somewhat of a Charmer until you get to know him.
- Hair of Gold: Oh, Selwin.
- Heart Broken Badass
- Heroic BSOD: Evan experiences a particularly debilitating example.
- Heroic Sacrifice
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Evan and Selwin. If you try to slash them, I will be very very angry with you. But I've rather resigned myself to it happening, all the same.
- In Harm's Way
- Iron Woobie: Both Evan and Glynnis, though Evan may be more of the stoic variety.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: One of four reasons for the main Heroic Sacrifice.
- Long-Lost Relative
- Love Hurts: Good Lord.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Selwin and Evan, though Evan isn't above having horrible nightmares and Selwin has drawn blood on occasion.
- Sins of Our Fathers
- Suicide Mission
- Tall Dark and Snarky: Evan and Lord Iorweth.
- Tear Jerker: This has also been confirmed by plenty of people other than myself.
- True Art Is Angsty
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: He did choose to be unlucky, but hey.
- Villain with Good Publicity
Ten random tropes Jewel Maiden inexplicably adores:
Jewel Maiden's freshly whitewashed wall waiting to be graffitied:
- Hello! :3 ~Fuzy2K
- Hey yourself, First Graffitier! :D (Your username is so cute, BTW, that I'm squeaking from cuteness overload.)
- Hey there sister and fellow Christian! And fellow Type B Tsundere! :D —jcruz
- D'aww...it's so awesome to find a fellow Christ-believer here. It's so awesome, in fact, that I shall proceed to GLOMP you. ^.^ And yes, us derederes have got to stick together!