- In Darksiders II After confronting the Scribe following a long fetch quest to reach him, Death, sounding rather pissed off, delivers this Tranquil Fury gem.
Where. Is. The key?
- In Deus Ex: Human Revolution, a forgetful guard gets his dormitory code shouted at him via email... after it's repeated in numeric form.
REMEMBER. THE DAMN. CODE.
- Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike: Online Edition
- From the end of the chorus of the menu/attract mode screen. "Don't think that I can't KNOCK! YOU! OUT!"
- Metal Gear
- "Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAKE!"
- BROTHER! IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME BROTHER! HAVE AT YOU SNAKE! IT'S NOT OVER YET SNAKE!
- MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE AGAIN!
- THE PAIN! THE FEAR! THE FURY!
- I. CAME. BACK. FROM. SPACE.
- NO! THAT IS NOT SOLID SNAKE!
- LAUGH AND GROW FAT!
- YOU'RE A SOLDIER! FINISH YOUR MISSION! SHOW YOU LOYALTY! FACE ME.
- World of Ham doesn't even begin to cover it.
- From BlazBlue, Noel Vermillion gets on while facing Iron Tager:
"This. Is a. MAJOR VIOLATION!!"
"GENESIC! EMERALD!! TAGER!!! BUSTER!!!!"
"To rid this world of evil! I. WILL BECOME A HAMMER! OF! JUSTICE!"
- City of Heroes: "I. AM. NICTUS!"
- The last word of which is not just the only time NPC chat is increased in font size, but also increased in font size to eight times normal size and red.
- It was also bugged for a long time, causing some raw code to appear as well, thus taking up far too much space. It rather ruined the dramatic effect of the line in question.
- "WHERE?!! IS?!! MY?!! MOTHER?!!" from Tomb Raider: Legend, punctuated by a gunshot between each word. Also a Moment of Awesome, as the target of the murderous rage happens to be both an old friend, and the source of the Eldritch Abomination you just spent the last 5-10 minutes killing. Then you get the answer and pistol whip Amanda before delivering this line:
Lara: From this moment, your every breath is a gift from me.
- "WHERE?! IS?! MY?! BROTHER?!" by Alex in Silent Hill: Homecoming
- Silent Hill 4: The first time Henry drops his Catch Phrase, the captions see fit to put ellipses between each word, but the voice actor speaks the line without any such pauses.
- Everything that comes out of Illidan's mouth in World of Warcraft. YOU! ARE NOT! PREPARED!
- ...Yet all throughout, my own heart, devoid of emotion, of empathy. I. HAVE. FELT. NOTHING.
- If you keep clicking on the Dwarven Rifleman, one of his quotes is "This! Is! Mah! BOOMSTICK!"
- And after that same boss delivers his deathbed speech he tells you to: SAVE. YOUR. WORLD.
- Some of Malygos' lines as well "YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED WHILE I DRAW BREATH!", "TEN! TIMES! OVER!", and "I AM UNSTOPPABLE!".
- In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Resident scrappy "Warchief" Garrosh Hellscream gets one of these that acts as a Moment of Awesome that rescues him from the Scrappy Heap at the end of the main quest chain in Stonetalon.
- Garrosh: I sent you to Stonetalon Mountains with an army. Your orders were to secure this land for the Horde. Instead, you laid waste to the land. Murdered innocents, children even... I spent a very long time in Northrend, Krom'gar. I learned much about the Horde at that time. While there, a wise old war hero told me something that I would carry with me forever... "Honor," Krom'gar, "No matter how dire the battle... Never forsake it." Overlord Krom'gar, you have disgraced the Horde. You have brought shame to us as a people. By my right as Warchief, I hereby relieve you of duty... * Garrosh Hellscream grabs Overlord Krom'gar.* YOU ARE DISMISSED! * Garrosh Hellscream throws Overlord Krom'gar off the ledge.*
- The trope namer is parodied in the introduction quest to the Twilight Highlands zone, in which the player is asked to escort a (literal) red shirt Horde Negotiator to meet with the fel orc leader of the Dragonmaw clan. When the negotiator meets with the Dragonmaw warchief, the warchief rebukes him, leading to this exchange:
Negotiator: This is madness!
Dragonmaw Warchief: Madness? This. Is. DRAGONMAW!!! *kicks the Negotiator into the bonfire behind him*
- "I am... Deathwing. The Destroyer. The end of all things. Inevitable! Indomitable! I! AM! THE CATACLYSM!"
- Garrosh' right hand man in the True Horde, Malkorok, is fought in two phases. In the first phase, he is rather hammy. In the second phase, he absorbs the Old God energy floating around the arena, and,well..
- Baldur's Gate II gives Minsc the classic line "Evil, meet my sword. SWORD! MEET! EVIIIIIIL!" and a line from the villain Irenicus: "Once my thirst for power was everything, and now I hunger only for revenge. And. I. WILL. HAVE IT!!"
- OSU! TATAKAE! OUENDAN!!, as well as OUEN! DAI-SEI-KOU!
- And EBA has, "Agents...are...GO!!!"
- Call of Duty 4: "WE! ARE! LEAVING!"
- "Soap! GET! OFF! THE MINIGUN! WE'RE! FALLING! BAAAAAAAAAACK!"
- ENOUGH BLOODY SNIPING! WHERE IS THE INFORMANT?! WHERE! IS! HE!
- Video Game/World At War: "DROP! THE RAMP!" and "WE! MUST! NOT! FALTER!"
- Video Game/Call of Duty 2: "FOR THE SOVIET UNION, AND! YOUR! GLORIOUS! MOTHERLAND!"
- Modern Warfare 2: "We. Will. Kill him.
- Video Game/Black Ops: "I DO! NOT! CARE! ABOUT! NOVA! MY NAME! IS VICTOR! REZNOV! AND I WILL HAVE! MY! REVENGE!!"
- BioShock: "A MAN....CHOOSES! A SLAVE....OBEYS! OBEY!"
- She WONT! STAY! STILL!
- What's this, goddess? AN INTRUDER! He's ugly! Ugly! UGLY! UGLYYYYYYYYYY! Look at you, HIDEOUS!
- Command & Conquer: "KANE! LIVES!"
- Iron Man in Marvel Nemesis: I. Am. Ironman.
- The text equivalent (no voice acting in the seriesnote ) can be seen in the ending to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Ganondorf: CURSE YOU SAGES! CURSE YOU ZELDA! CURSE! YOU! LINK!
Truth: I... AM... TRUTH! THE VOICE... OF! THE COVENANT!
- Also, one in the earlier levels:
- The Soldier in Team Fortress 2 has two: "STAND! ON! THE! POINT!!!" and "I! AM! ON! FIRE!!!"
- Also, in a parody of There Will Be Blood, the Scout has a Heavy domination line: "I. Eat. Your. Sandviches! I eat 'em up!"
- Which somehow manages to sound less goofy than what it's based on, even though it's based on a very serious movie.
- Half-Life: EMERGENCY! USER! DEATH! IMMINENT!!
- Tales of Destiny and Tales of Vesperia: Barbatos Goetia: "[[ITEM NAZO]], TSUKATTEN JA, NEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" (or "NO, ITEMS, EVEEERRRR!!!!")
- Stahn's final attack in Tales of Destiny (remake); "ZAN! KUU! TEN-SHOU-KENNN!!!!!!"
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World: Emil during his Mystic Arte Extension: HAHAHAHAHA!! DARKNESS DEVOURS! AIN! SOPH! AUR!
- Ghaleon of the Lunar series takes this trope as far as it will go as he tends to enunciate. every. possible. word. His voice actor even comments on it in the making of bonus video for Silver Star Story Complete.
- Grace to Kommissar Leber in The Beast Within: "Let. Him. Go!"
- The English translation of Famicom's Sweet Home: "My... My... My Baby!!"
- Dawn of War: The Orks are in the citadel! DRIVE! THEM! BACK!
- Mortal Kombat YOU! WILL! DIE!!
- Text examample and probable shout out to MK in the Borderlands quest "You. Will. Die."
- Grand Inquisitor Mir Yannick from Zork: Grand Inquisitor:
Obey! Conform! Abstain! Ignore! Deny! Refrain! Cease! Appease! Shun! ... Avoid new sensations. Avoid all sensations! Avoid any sensation! Avoid unnecessary pleasantries! Avoid necessary pleasantries! Avoid libation! Avoid fermentation! Avoid all these in combinations. Save often! Floss regularly! Floss meaningfully! Floss athletically! Think happy thoughts! And above all, never forget: who is the boss of you! Me! I. Am. The boss. Of you! I. Am.' The boss. Of you! I. Am. The boss. Of you!
- Super Smash Bros. GREAT... AETHER!
- The Elder Scrolls: LYING MAGGOT... THEY'RE! MY! OGRES!
- Sovereign in Mass Effect while fighting off the counter assault on the Citadel, "THIS. STATION. IS. MINE!!!
- Also, Captain Kirrahe's WE. HELD. THE LINE. speech.
- Grunt: "I! AM! KROGAN!"
- "Because it's a BIG. STUPID. JELLYFISH!"
- From Mass Effect 3: "I AM URDNOT WREX, AND THIS! IS MY! PLANET!"
- "You BIG! STUPID! JELLYFISH!"
- SHIN!! SHO!! RYU!! KEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!
- I! AM! TUROK!
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters: THERE ARE! NO! TECHNOMITES!!
- In Kane and Lynch, "YOU SHOULD! HAVE LET! ME TALK TO THEM!", with a shovel for emphasis.
- The Wheel of Time FPS game has three of these in the cutscene before the final stage, all uttered by the same character no less:
- "You... ancient... FOOL!"
- "You. Are. Nothing!"
- "I! Am! Mordeth!"
- Also, these lines are made about ten times more badass when you consider who he's talking to.
- Resident Evil: "DON'T! OPEN! THAT! DOOR!"
- System Shock: Welcome to my DEATH! MACHINE! INTERLOPER!
- Final Fantasy X-2: "Don't make me say this again... I'M! NOT! LENNE!"
Rikku: Think we need a password?
Paine: How about "kick... its... ass"?
- Ace Attorney: Do. You. Think. You've. Won? Well!? Do you, Mia Fey?
- Heh... Heh... Heh... Heheh... That's. Just. Fine!
- While on the topic of Ace Attorney, we have to mention this memorable parody from the third game:
Umm, would you mind taking a look at this? Basil:
I'm sorry. That data is SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected. Maya:
SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected!? What? This is madness! Phoenix:
No, Maya, that is SPARDA
- At the end of Perfect Dark, Elvis is looking for Joanna so they can evacuate the Skedar planet before his buddies come to bomb it. He finds her with one of her feet trapped under rubble, and asks him to lend her his Phoenix handgun.
Joanna: WILL — YOU — JUST... (shoots under the rubble at the unseen Skedar leader, who was holding on to her leg) ...let go?
- Super Macho Man of Punch-Out!! fame seems prone to this in the Wii version.
WHY! DON'T YOU! LOVE ME!?!
SUPEEEER! MACHOOOO! MAAAAAN!
- First Encounter Assault Recon: "WHY! IS THAT FUCKING! SOLDIER! STILL ALIVE? SOMEBODY! JUST FUCKING SHOOT! HIM! ALREADY!"
- Luminous Arc 2: "SHE'S! A! WIIIIIIITCH!"
- Francis in Left 4 Dead goes into one when shot, but in a very low and pissed off tone. "Hey! Stop. Shooting. Me."
- Similarly with Louis: "DO! I! LOOK! LIKE! ONE OF THEM!?"
- And Nick from Left 4 Dead 2: "I have not... Come this far... To die now!"
- GET. IN. THE TANK!
- Metal Wolf Chaos: "I. Richard Hawk. Will uphold. American. Justice. Without. FAIL!"
- Daytona USA's Game Over screen. G! A! M! E! O! VOO! E! R! G-A-M-E-O-VOO-E-R! GAME OVER! GAME OVER! GAME OVER! GAME OVER!
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City: Dumb. Florida. Moron.
- Susano in Ōkami does it a couple of times:
- Just about everything that Fujin says in FFVIII.
- "PERSUASION? USELESS. SEIZE!"
- "ELLONE? NOT HERE!"
- "GOOD. CONVINIENT."
- "SEIFER! MOVE!"
- Which leads to an aversion during the aftermath of the last Seifer battle, in which she gives a long, perhaps touching speech in a completely normal voice.
- The last line of Assassin's Creed II's not really the end since gameplay continues over the credits ending has Desmond Miles saying what we're all thinking: "What. The. Fuck."
- Several of the boss after being defeated in Star Fox 64, but two quotes from Star Wolf members Wolf and Leon, respectively: "I! CAN'T! LOOOOOOOOSE!" and "HE'S! TOO! STRONG!"
- Macbeth train conductor: "I CAN'T! STOP! IIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!
- Steven in Dead Rising: THIS! IS! MY! STORE!!
- One of the most surprising (and awesome) moments in World of Warcraft's second expansion, complete with epic voicework: "I AM MAL'GANIS! I! AM! ETERNAL!"
- Kingdom Hearts: "KINGDOM HEARTS! ''FILL ME... WITH THE POWER... OF DARKNESS!"
- Sora's response, too. "You're wrong! I know now... without a doubt... Kingdom Hearts! Is LIGHT!"
- Sora! Donald! Goofy!
- Donald does this when reading the writing on the wall in Ansem's Study, though it's because he's struggling to read the faded text. "Hollow... Main... Security... Tron... Door... to... Door... to... Darkness?" Sora then adds "Ah! D! T! D!"
- Blacksmith Ed of Demon's Souls does it if you talk to him, then leave without buying or upgrading anything. "Don't. Waste. My. Time." Not exactly the most cheery fellow, but you need him if you want to get any special upgrades for your weapons.
- Crypto from Destroy All Humans!!: "I. Am. NOT. GREEN!"
- What about a StarCraft custom mission? "We present another Great Episode! of STEAL! THE! BEACON!!!!"
- A quiet variation ("What. Is. That?!") appears a few times in The Lost Crown.
- Dead Space 2: YOU WILL ALL BE MADE ONE! MAKE! US! WHOLE!!!!!
- Ghosts... don't... DIE! from Super Mario 64
- The beginning of Satoru Iwata's E3 2010 presentation: "Everyone! This... is... Nintendo 3DS."
- The Bentusi in Homeworld: Cataclysm. We. Will. Not. Be. BOUND!
- Super Mario RPG: "This... Is... Smity's Castle!"
- Portal: "IN! BASE! FOUR! I'M! FINE!"
- Wheatley from Portal 2: "I! AM NOT! A MORON!" and "Could a moron... PUNCH! YOU! INTO! THIS! PIT?"
- And later, GLaDOS does this on purpose to keep herself from succumbing to her own Logic Bomb: "THIS! SENTENCE! IS! FALSE!"
- Jak II: Renegade: "Because I. Don't. Like. You!"
- Xenogears: "I! Am a man! Of the sea!"
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines: "Give. Me. The. Key!"
- The Force Unleashed: I . Let. You. Live.
- From Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate Of Two Worlds:
- Spider-Man: "ULTIMATE! WEB! THROW!"
- From the same character: "CRAWLER...ASSAAAAUUULLLT!!!!!!"
- The Kinect movie karaoke game Yoostar has just released the 300 scene as Download Content. And here we go.
- Star Trek Away Team: "I! AM! VULCAAAAAN!"
- Zoran Lararevic from Uncharted 2, is guilty of this, as well as having No Indoor Voice.
- Lt. Snipes from Freespace 2: "DIVE DIVE DIVE HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!"
- "Blessed are those who stand before the corrupt and the wicked and DO! NOT! FALTER!"
- God of War: "ZEUS! YOUR SON HAS RETURNED! I BRING THE DESTRUCTION! OF OLYMPUS!"
- In Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 4: The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood, when Guybrush tells the Poxed Elaine about getting LeChuck out of jail once everyone is cured of the Pox:
- At the beginning of Chapter 1, when Guybrush talks to Elaine and asks, "Are you hungry?":
Guybrush: Want me to get anything from the hold? I've brought some pot stickers!
Elaine: [screams in annoyance] No! Finish! The! Recipe!
- In Cursed Crusade, one cutscene plays out like this.
Enemy Soldier: "How did you...?! This... this is madness!"
Denz: "No... This...is..the curse!" (Kicks enemy soldier down a burning well)
Esteban: "I've never seen you so angry, Denz! That was downright spartan of you!"
Denz: "Spartan...? Bah, you'll have to tell me about it later."
- Xenoblade: "BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE! AGAINST THE ODDS! WE CHOOSE... ...TO FIGHT! BLOSSOM! DANCE!"
- This conversation from the last level of Rainbow Six: Vegas 2.
Hey Bishop, what do you get when you mix a bullet with a pretty little intelligence officer? Bishop: Fuck. You.
- In Tropico 4, in your election speech, El Presente sometimes speaks about how production has increased by 25% in some areas. This! Is! Progress!.
- Everyone, say it with me: FUS! RO! DAH!!!
- Serenade does this sometimes in the PlayStation 3 Updated Re-release of Eternal Sonata when calling her attack Verbum: Expello: "This... may be considered... my answer!"
- In Twisted Metal for the PlayStation 3: "Where's my god. Damned. Prize?"
- I! AM! SUPREME!
- New Super Mario Bros. 2: "800,000 coins! SO. MANY. COINS."
- Super Mutants in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas often do this. "CENTAURS! EAT! HUMANS!"(Tabitha on Black Mountain Radio)
- Muv-Luv Unlimited has both "Are you kidding me? Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me!!?" and "These are TS Fs we're talking about! T. S. Fucking. Fs!!"
- The on-screen text in SUPERHOT appears as a non-verbal example of this.
- SUPER. Hexagon.
- Borderlands 2 has this one that breaks the fourth wall from Gaige if you are at a VERY high stack amount of Anarchy when gaining more stacks:
"PLAYER! WHAT! ARE! YOU! DOING!?"
- Miyamoto Musashi in Samurai Warriors 2 provides an example when you finish his dream stage:
Miyamoto Musashi: I! Am! The! Greatest!
Brown (to an antagonist): AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! SHUT! THE HELL! UP!
- The Walking Dead Season 2 uses this as both a dialogue option and a Steam achievement.
"Still. Not. Bitten."
- Lilac's Pre-Mortem One-Liner upon defeating Lord Brevon in Freedom Planet with Dragon Boosts.
Lilac: Nobody. Hurts. MILLA!
- In Farmington Tales after banker Gregory Cashman tells Floyd that according to the loan contract he signed the bank can take his farm at any time, for any reason:
Floyd: Must...resist...urge...to punch...in face...
- Arle and Ringo do this in Puyo Puyo Tetris when they suspect Satan and Ekoro may be involved in the falling Tetris blocks:
- Undertale's Flowey does this near the beginning if you dodge his "friendliness pellets":
Flowey: Is this a joke? Are you braindead? RUN. INTO. THE. BULLETS!!! (looks at his text bubble, "BULLETS!!!" changes to "friendliness pellets")
- Bravely Second: End Layer has Cu Chulainn. Every sentence he speaks is this.
Cu Chulainn: My life! My mistress gave to me! Honored I am! To give mine! To her!
Cu Chulainn: Milady! Shed no tears! For me! To give one's life! For one's mistress!
Cu Chuhainn: I am Cu Chulainn! The Crushing Chariot! Servant to Lady Bella! Who did summon me! From that ancient battlefield! And bearer! Of the asterisk! Of the charioteer!