open/close all folders
- Any time Centorea gets flustered, really. A prime example would be her expression the first time she and Kimihito hold hands. It doubles as heartwarming.
- The aftermath of her and Miia's fantasies about starting a family with Kimihito. While Miia is happy as can be, Centorea is mortified.
- And then there's her Intimate Healing moments in Chapter 13: her Headbutt Thermometer, and her warming Kimihito (Suu) with her own body temperature, both ending with her face-down on a table and muttering to herself. note
- Chapter 17 has her enjoying her reward: holding hands with her master. That she is so out-there is hilarious and very cute.
- Meta-Funny: It seems that Seven Seas is having a bit of trouble being consistent with the character names
- Book 2 had Mero introduce herself as Meron, while she's Meroune every subsequent time her full name comes up.
- Book 4 has the kobold character as Port, but in Book 6 it's Polt.
- Book 4 also had Rachnera referred to as Lacherna at one point.
- Book 1 has Cerea's last name as Shianus, while Book 9 has it as Ceanus.
- Kimihito goes clothes shopping with Miia and they end up at a lingerie store. After a case of Accidental Pervert, he starts wondering to himself how lamia wear panties... only to notice a decorated (and sticky) triangle-shaped object in his hands...
- Kimihito's Chapter 1 nightmare about what would happen if he ever tried to have sex with Miia actually happens for real.
- Miia, Papi and Centorea are clamoring to know what Kimihito's fetish is. His response?
Ms. Smith: Oh, hey! I guess that's me!
- "MY snake might shed its skin too!"
- There's even a red snake having shed its skin in the scene, with a gleam in its eye saying "Hey, ba-by!"
- While Centorea, Miia and Kimihito discuss about Suu, Papi and Suu are seen playing Wii Sports (presumably tennis).
- Papi while defending Suu's position as a member of the household.
- "The chicken bitch is flying, man!!"
- The Orcs' list of "Demands," which consist entirely of wanting "OrcxSomething" Eroge. Or in layman's terms, porn.
- Miia doing her level best to try and get Kimihito's attention away from Mero. And her frustration at everyone else falling for her charms.
- And to top it off, while Mero may be romantically interested in Kimihito, she wants to have a "tragic romance".
- At the beginning of this chapter, the blurb regarding volume sales gets a surprisingly funny moment.
Over 300,000 copies sold! Japan, what's wrong with you?
- Mero tries Miia's cooking, not knowing about how unskilled she is at it, and the resulting pain is so intense she flashes on the image of The Little Mermaid's fins turning into legs, before collapsing, foaming at the mouth, while smiling.
- Suu's attempts at following the other girls' orders to take care of Kimihito (because she's at no risk of catching his cold) end up nearly drowning him in her goo, nearly freezing him to death in a chilly swimming pool, eating Miia's cooking (which probably would have killed him), looming up before him in nightmare mode, and finally subjecting him to a gooey Marshmallow Hell. Poor guy's worse than ever by the end of it...
- And then she tries to read his mind to find out what's wrong and gets a Madness Mantra of "Fever, dizzy, dry, headache, shaking, chills, sweat, pain..." oh, and "lust and boobs." Of course, this IS immediately after the Marshmallow Hell incident. After having Suu's boobs in his face, is it any wonder they're on his mind a second later?
- After all the talk of virus transference, the only person to catch Kimihito's cold is Ms. Smith.
- Suu beating on Kimihito, simply because Miia, Centorea, and Mero were doing the same thing. It's really her clueless, confused expression while holding a club that makes it.
- Miia tries to introduce the other girls to bras. Mero's slips off, Papi is so small that hers bends all around and is no use at all, and Centorea's snaps right in front of Kimihito. Then there's Papi's reaction when Miia says she's too young for one.
- Leg Man.
- Rachnera's Blatant Lies about Kimihito surprising her on the toilet. It's really her clearing her throat beforehand that takes the cake.
- Just Miia's face when Centorea squishes her boobs behind Kimihito's head.
- Centorea was about to thank Rachnea for saving her and Kimihito, but gets thrown out the window when Rachnea ties up the guy and suggests they spend the night at a nearby love hotel. This earns her a kick to the back of the head by Centorea.
- After overexerting themselves swimming and suffering from cold/chlorinated water, Miia and Mero claim their prize at the finish line: A bop on the head and a scolding from Kimihito for nearly hurting themselves in this race.
- Then they find out Centorea won the race, despite her body not being built for swimming at all.
- How Rachnera—who volunteered to keep an eye on Suu and Papi while everyone else was out swimming—is seen in the last panel of Ch. 17 completely worn out, with her charges playing in swings made out of her own silk?
- Rachnera: [completely frazzled] H...hurry up and get home already...
- Doubly funny considering that Rachnera is initially seen to be quite enthusiastic about watching over the two because she thinks she can have fun with them!
- Upon learning who Kimihito is going out with, the girls all have horrified looks except Papi, who is blissfully oblivious, as usual.
- Suu chugging a water bottle she swiped while pretending to be Papi's outfit.
- Miia picking a super bad time to call Papi. Namely, when her cellphone falls into her panties.
- Miia and Centorea when their attempts to spy on Kimihito using Suu as a disguise inevitably go wrong.
- Miia sneaking to the love hotel, Solid Snake style (complete with costume), with Suu as a box. It's really the slime's eyes and antenna that make the scene.
Miia: This is Sna... Miia!
- Not to mention, Rachnera is dressed as The Boss when Miia runs into her.
- When Rachnera gets Blank White Eyes, it extends to all six of them. Nice touch there, Okayado.
- A small one, but you can't help but smile at Papi's face when the girls finally sit down and learn the truth.
- Rachnera is a bit reluctant to get into the bath because her lungs are located in her abdomen (like an actual spider). If she got in, she wouldn't be able to breathe! Miia has absolutely no sympathy, and yanks her into the water anyway.
Miia: Then just breathe out of your mouth then.
- And then, to pile on to the humiliation, Suu pounces on her.
Centorea: Well, being sexually accosted by Suu is the norm around here.Miia: Just be patient until Suu lets go of you, alright?Rachnera: I'm never taking a bath with you guys ever again!
- Kimihito and Miia notice a crab in the aquarium straddling a pipe eating something with one pincer. Kimihito notes that it reminds him of Rachnee, with a picture in the background of the arachne in question in the exact same position: straddling a web munching on chips, with a bag of chips held limply in one of her hands.
- When Miia and Kimihito see a pair of fish kissing, they are about to share one too, before Mero suddenly pops in to reveal that those are actually male fish competing with each other. Miia's reaction to this only adds to the moment: she's so apoplectic she can't even DO anything for a panel except stand there frozen with FOUR Cross-Popping Veins on the back of her head and one on the back of her hand.
- While Tionishia is keeping an eye on Miia, it's revealed that she's carrying a real dolphin, with Blank White Eyes no less. Never has animal cruelty and a living being's distress been so hilarious.
Aquarium Worker: Miss, I know I said you can touch the dolphins, but you can't take the dolphins with you! Miss!
- Draco realizes the oars are missing. Cut to a shot of Mero several feet away, said oars in her hands.
- The Reveal of Draco's gender. Suddenly, lingerie!
- Kimihito giving Miia a snake pendant coiled in the shape of a heart and the resulting hug. At first it's heartwarming, but it goes right into funny as Miia's hug starts breaking Kimihito's skeleton.
- Zombina succinctly summarizes the entirety of this chapter: "What's going on?!"
- Followed up by her reaction to Giant Suu and Giant Kii about to fall on her. It's her expression that makes it.
- What seems like a lovely barbecue in the beautiful outdoors is revealed to be an illegal dumping site.
- Papi's brain overheating from trying to actually remember something for once.
Papi: Beats me! I forgot all about her after I planted her!
- Also this exchange:
Kimihito: You're horrible!
- How do you shrink a giant Dryad who's been enlarged by illegal super fertilizer? Suck it out of her. Through where, exactly? Her breasts.
- Kii can't write.
- The Stinger: they forgot about Zombina this time.
- Centorea dons full armour for her date with Kimihito so she can protect him. According to one line, she even wanted to put on more—lance, shield, bow, and full quiver.
- Later on, her blazing hot dedication to her master's safety.
- Centorea's steering Kimihito away from "danger," which includes:
- Walking too close to the street.
- Schoolgirls looking for donations
- A pimp
- His ringing cellphone, because it could be a scam
- Manako gets no breaks:
- Being intimidated by Centorea's over-protectiveness
- Getting trolled by Lilith, the demon girl
- Rachnera merrily waving from the alleyway:
Rachnera: I'll be watching from the shadows today~ Plus, it's fun to watch you and Centorea-chan! So have fun on your date, you two~Centorea: (burning bright red) Th-this is not a date!
- Centorea's rear end getting stuck in some automatic sliding doors.
Centorea: Kh... pray forgive me.
- Hypnotized!Centorea giving Kimihito Marshmallow Hell.
- Boar Ex Machina
Lilith: Hey, who's there? Be quiet, they'll see us! (later) Why is there a boar here!?
- Later on, the look on its face after Centorea drills it with a slab of wood.
- Rachnera got a new toy: Lilith.
Rachnera: Okay, then. Now what should I do with you~?
- Lilith realizing it was a bad idea to push Rachnera's buttons like that.
- Centorea's apron doesn't fit. It's clearly straining because of her extremely ample chest.
- Papi's little tantrum regarding Centorea's cooking.
Papi: Papi wants meat! Meat, meat, MEAT!
- Miia and Papi trying to feed Suu vegetables, ala feeding a dog under the table.
- Zombina "accidentally" dropping her boob and forcing Kimihito to sew it back on.
- Tionisha dragging Kimihito around (by the leg at one point) on their "date".
- Rachnee's antics are accompanied by David Attenborough-esque commentary boxes.
- The dullahan's body has its own speech bubbles, in case she is beheaded. Its reaction to being offered cookies is just priceless. (≻∀≺)
- Miia's face upon seeing that a dullahan's body is very much anatomically correct when its head is separated.
- When Kimihito finally finds the dullahan's head, she starts portentously declaiming about how he's going to serve her, to blank looks from Kimihito, who doesn't have a clue what she's going on about. In the end, she gets adorkably embarrassed, and admits she just wants him to return her head to her body.
- Rachnera offers to reattach the dullahan's head to her body. The dullahan, remembering just what Rachnera did when she was left with her body, hides behind Kimihito.
- The dullahan drinking a cup of tea. Naturally, head and body being separate, she can't simply use her mouth... so she pours it down her neck. Miia and Centorea's reactions are priceless.
- Even better: the tea's still too hot and both her body and severed head start sweating and panicking.
- The girls panic that every attempt to save their beloved darling from death only makes things worse. Cue the Shout-Out to a plane exploding in the background.
- Centorea's beautiful medieval fantasy of becoming disgraced knights with her master, adventuring through the lands together, is almost immediately interrupted by Kimihito falling off the saddle and smashing his head against the pavement.
- Kimihito decides to prove he isn't actually going to die by raising as many Death Flags as possible. When he walks into the street, it looks like he's about to get hit by a truck. Instead, he gets hit by a toy truck that's only as tall as his knee. There's also a guy with a remote controller in the background saying "Sorry!" for hitting him.
- Kimihito's Dark Past. In middle school, he basically tried to invoke as many cool tropes as possible, like Eyepatch of Power, Handwraps of Awesome, Coat Cape, and Gratuitous Foreign Language, to no avail.
- Lala becoming the latest victim of Miia's cooking: whatever Miia whipped up was so unspeakable it turned Lala into a Yukkuri, complete with a little ghost floating out of her mouth saying "Take it easy in the afterlife!" Her body is a few feet away, slumped in a chair twitching, with smoke coming out of her neck.
Lala's Ghost-thing: "Pull up a grave and join the fun, boyo!"
- The official English translation is just as good:
- When the girls are out shopping, Papi is giving rides with all the children hoping to fly next. While this is happening, Suu is giving kids rides with her tentacles, all of them completely terrified.
- Cerea gets offended when Mero asks her if she could carry a large amount of groceries back home, as she is not a pack horse. However when Kimihito approaches them and unknowingly makes the same request, Cerea enthusiastically agrees. Mero's "WTF" expression is priceless.
Mero: Miss… Centorea…
Centorea: Ng, not a word!
- All the girls in the house are impressed at the feast Kimihito prepared for dinner. That includes Lala who detaches her head and holds it high in her hands just to get a better look at it.
- Poisoned!Suu. Particularly this bit of Brutal Honesty:
Ms. Smith: What's wrong, darling?
Kimihito: Nothing! Nothing is wrong!
Suu: He doesn't have any money for food, and five freeloaders (Ms. Smith and the four MON members) just showed up and ate all of his shit, so he's a little pissed about it!
- It's the completely happy look Suu has on her face that sells it.
- Kimihito shoves his head inside Suu's body and screams his lungs out—blowing bubbles in her, no less!—after Ms. Smith tells him that all living expenses for his household will be reimbursed and covered by The Organization, and thus his worries about the food budget have all been for nothing.
- The ending:
The next day, they ate out for all three meals. They ate at a steak restaurant during a half-off sale. Cerea had a salad.
They were then banned from the restaurant.
- The Running Gag of Miia's cooking continues. A hungry Rachnera, upon learning Miia's whipping up something to eat (involving the substitution of oyster sauce with Worcestershire sauce because they sound the same), decides to wait till lunch. Then Ren decides to test herself by trying to eat Miia's "creation"... and it turns out even the smell of it knocks people unconscious.
(Beginning of the page)Miia: This is kind of getting me down a little.(End of page)Miia: Nope, this is really getting me down.
- Centorea's looking for something to open an envelope. Lala offers her scythe. Rachnera sweat drops.
- The fact that Lala removes her head solely so the speech bubble didn't block her head.
- Papi forgetting Ren's name twice within a few seconds.
- Ren's Innocently Insensitive reactions to Mero's fashion sense and Centorea's room.
- Centorea's Spit Take at Kimihito refusing to let Rachnera go with Ren, and Miia's ensuing molestation by Suu.
- Rachnera drunk on coffee. Which is based on actual scientific studies of the effects of drugs on spiders; the study shows that spiders react to caffeine the same way humans react to alcohol.
- The Mass "Oh, Crap!" from Centorea, Papi and Miia when they read their letters and find out their mothers are coming.
- The Sofa That Turns People To Mush! An impossibly comfortable chair that provokes some interesting reactions from all who sit in it. The best reaction is probably when Meroune sits in it; she likes it so much, she "subconsciously protects" it by tail-slapping Papi across the face, hard.
- Anytime the girls call Miia mushy.
- Centorea breaks Miia's special sofa, and in a panic decides to use Suu as a substitute while she orders a new one. Then Rachnera decides to give the "sofa" a try, and realises it's the one housemate she's powerless against just a little too late...
Rachnera: Ahh, it's so soft~! But why does it feel like I've felt this many times before?
Sofa!Suu: *Glowing Eyes of Doom*
- The fact that Miia didn't consider her dream a nightmare because Kimihito was getting molested by countless Lamias but because he was worn out by the time it was her turn.
- Miia wakes up from the nightmare to find Rachnera next to her bed. Because she'd slipped into Miia's room to write on her face.
- When they're working on cleaning the house, we get another funny moment with Suu. The Suu roomba (or the Suumba, if you will)!
- The handshake, which immediately turns into Miia's mom groping Kimihito.
- How does Miia drive off her mom the first time? With a Suu-bomb, of course!
- Miia using cold spray as mace to ward off her mother.
- Miia's reactions when dealing with a drugged up Kimihito essentially go like this:
OH NO! Darling's going to ravish me!And I'm okay with this.
- Kimihito's phone call where he learns that Rachnera got drunk on the caffeine in the tea becomes a Brick Joke when Rachnera ties up both Miia and her mother since they were being loud and she had a hangover.
I tried to cheat my tribeI'm too old for booty calls
- The signs on the tied up lamias make it.
- When Kimihito is doing the laundry and handling Lala's underwear, she is in the background looking both annoyed and blushing.
- Kimihito and Miia call out Rachnera for reading Papi's letter. Rachnee asks if they want to read it and they go right for it.
- When Papi's mom starts chasing them, what do they do to slow her down? They throw a surprised Suu at her.
Commenter: Suu's just a self-defense projectile now, apparently.
- The fact that Papi is able to explain the situation to Kimihito so clearly freaks him out.
- Kimihito deduces that Papi resets her brain in three steps, but since he's carrying her the entire time, Papi was able to remember everything.
- Papi's mom was stopped by a patrolling policeman. Her response to the police officer?
Papi's Mom: Do you want to MATE?
- At the end of the chapter, Rachnera asks Papi if she can remember Honey's real name. Papi has absolutely nothing to say.
- Rachnera hiding and covering her ears when Centorea's mother comes to the house. Possibly implying she still has a hangover.
- Ms. Smith's explanation of what a "Teaser" does: they sexually stimulate a female centaur, only for a Gonk male centaur to swoop in and take the lead.
- Mero and the girls playing around with a sound effect box.
- Centorea getting embarrassed at Ms. Smith and Polt's commentary regarding her breasts.
- Manako going into Color Failure upon hearing that Centorea snapped a 103cm bra.
Rachnera: "She ordered it with a band of 103cm. Are you saying she's even bigger than that?"Miia: "You're kidding me..."
- The previous panel makes it clear that Manako isn't the only one suffering from A-Cup Angst; Miia and Rachnera, who are both well endowed themselves, are clearly in a state of shock.
- Kimihito getting caught in Marshmallow Hell between Centorea and her mother.
- Suu suggesting that Kimihito Marry Them All, along with listing her own advantages as a living roomba, peeling machine, and garbage disposal.
- Rachnera punishes Kimihito for not fixing the creaky attic floor by practicing 100 forms of bondage on him.
- Rachnee's face when Kimihito gives her a heartfelt compliment. It's obvious she's not used to being praised.
- Mero and Suu's teamup in order to get Mero up the stairs to Rachnee's attic.
- Mero's Imagine Spot of Kimihito marrying Rachnera...with Kimihito as the bride (complete with Kimihito Biting the Handkerchief and lamenting how he'll "never be a groom...").
- Both Kimihito and Rachnera agree Mero is being a tragedy freak again... before Rachnera says she's alright with the fantasy and pounces on Kimihito.
- During the 'Meeting of the Mothers', Miia's mother and Cerea's mother both ponder the fact that Papi's mother used to look exactly like her (before she got a tan and changed her style) and Papi's mother says that it's not just Papi, all her daughters look like that, and she herself looks like all her own sisters. When Miia's mother jokes about the possibility of Papi getting mixed up with one of her relatives, Papi's mother blithely admits that it's happened several times.
Papi's mother: But I'm pretty sure Papi's really Papi. I think.
- Yukio's heat protection suit adds a hilarious element to her otherwise rather serious demeanor.
- When Yukio reveals that the onsen only has mixed bathing, we get a shot of everyone's reactions: Centorea and Mero are flustered, Miia is shocked, Suu is neutral, Papi has a carefree smile, Kimihito is horrified, and Rachnera has stars in her eyes!
- As the gang's suggesting ways to bring traffic to Yukio's inn, Mero suggests a stage musical, starring Yukio as a character who freezes things with her power. In the background is an Imagine Spot Yukio striking a pose ripped directly from a very, very, very popular piece of media about a character who does exactly that.
- It gets even funnier when Yukio loses control of her powers later in the chapter and starts freezing things (ie. Kimihito). Why? Because she got emotional.
- In a rare instance of a girl being an Accidental Pervert, Miia accidentally strips Kimihito naked in front of everyone. Mero is Giving Up the Ghost, Centorea is speechless, Miia is frantically trying to cover him up while apologizing, and Papi just plainly says "I saw it." All the chaos results in everyone collapsing with their limbs in the air, while Suu is watching all the action with just one comment:
Suu: Size: small.
- The opening page, featuring Miia having an Imagine Spot where she's a Magical Girl Warrior, Kimihito's the Tuxedo Mask-style hero, and Rachnee's the villain, while the real Kimihito's expression is on the verge of a sweatdrop and the real Rachnee's expression is "Seriously?". For bonus points, in the main story, Miia ends up playing the villain.
- Miia taking up an entire outdoors footbath by herself.
- Yukio's been making the gang write reports on the baths. Lala, Suu and Papi really aren't taking it well.
- Miia's beat and reaction when she turns to see the shrine monster.
- The shrine master gets mad.
- Centorea is at first completely against helping out at the farm, until they mention they can take all the organic produce they want for helping. Cue immediate attitude change.
- Merino and Cathyl both force Kimihito to deal with their personal problems, since they would be too embarrassed to ask each other.
Cathyl: "You deaf?! I said, milk me!!"
- Cathyl's lack of being able to remember names becomes a Brick Joke where the Manager was Mistaken for Cheating by her because she didn't realize the girls' names he was calling out were actually the names of the sheep of the farm that he was milking.
- Kimihito refusing some milk from Mero because the memory of milking Cathyl makes him nose bleed.
- Papi refuses to leave without her chickies.
- Kimihito and Mero's reaction to Liz and Kinu's spectacular lack of competence.
- Kinu gets a bug in her suit and promptly rips it off, causing Kimihito's nose to explode.
- Lala's shock when Liz and Kinu don't understand a word of her typically long-winded way of saying "it wasn't me".
- Kinu throws Suu at a fleeing Lala.
- When Mero owns up to almost drowning Kimihito a few times, Liz thinks she's trying to console them with an obvious lie... only to find Kimihito can't meet their eyes.
- Suu translates Lala's Purple Prose style of speaking into something shorter and more understandable via telepathy, much to Lala's embarrassment.
- Cott & Ton made a commercial flyer listing the various tourist sites and activities found in volume 8, complete with a price list for "Milk a Minotaur!", to Cathyl's outrage.
- Sebasstian and Flounnder utterly embarrassing Meroune with the reveal that she is a princess to the point Mero knocks them unconscious with her trusty conch shell.
- The hotel has all kinds of Fish People, some of them with funny appearances, such as a fish with legs, or a woman with a fish for a head. An entire fish.
- The saga of Miia and Centorea's massages.
- The eel mermaids are very eager to get men to join their massage club, with one of them having her face concealed in shadow with menacing, sparkling eyes. They even get the normally jealousy-prone Cerea and Miia to suggest Kimihito have a massage.
- Suu has Breast Expansion to the point it breaks through her wetsuit due to consuming too much sea water. Then she spits the extra water back out.
- Papi's reactions to Kimihito's meal. When she sees it, she's drooling a waterfall, and upon tasting it, she eats more while Dual Wielding forks.
- Rachnera announcing that she's going to drown Sebasstian and Flounnder.
- Many fans feel this is very justified, first with leaving Kimihito, Miia, Papi, Centorea, Suu, and Rachnera behind at Octo's cave (basically stranding them), then "forgetting" to tell them there are giant sea anemones inside with very grabby tentacles.
- Miia getting tentacle-groped into submission. Then Centorea breaks out her sword, declaring she won't be defeated by "mere sea anemones". A moment later, Centorea gets tentacle-groped into submission. Kimihito panics when the tentacles try to go for him next, prompting him to say that "tentacle yaoi is really niche".
- Rachnera's bondage duel with Octo is this and Awesome in its own way. What drives it home into Funny, however, is the conclusion. Suu wins. Both Rachnera and Octo end up being terrified of the thought of Suu absorbing seawater.
- Mature Suu.
- Papi came to help, but is just standing there terrified.
- The truth behind Octo's "summoning" of the stingrays and crabs in the previous chapter is revealed.
- Rachnera's Hypocritical Humor in regards to Octo's eight legs, and Octo calling her out on it.
Rachnera: You might want to think about eight-legging it out of here!
Octo: HEY, YOU'VE GOT EIGHT LEGS TOO, YOU SPIDERY BINT!
- The reactions to Octo giving Kimihito Marshmallow Hell: Miia and Centorea are in full-on "doom to Octo" mode, while Rachnera just wants to get on with the story.
- Both Rachnera and Octo appropriately strangling Sebasstian and Flounnder.
- The reason Mero's mom tried to ruin the extraspecies exchange act? Because she wanted to make her romance with her human lover tragic by making it so they couldn't be together. Even her own daughter thinks this is crazy.
- As the chapter comes to a close, it seems Mero has finally snapped out of her bizarre fantasy of a tragic romance when she realises how losing in love would actually feel... But no, she just wants to flip the script now, with Miia being the runner up in the tragedy, much to the latter's annoyance.
- The doctors insist on Kimihito staying at the hospital, because they can't find anything wrong with him despite everything he's been through. So there must be something wrong with him.
- When Kimihito asks why Lala's in the hospital, she goes into full-on chuunibyou Grim Reaper mode, complete with a handy translation into everyday language for readers... until she notices she and Kimihito aren't alone in the hospital room. Cue deep embarrassment.
- Everyone losing their heads over Lala losing her head.
- Lala's idea of what would make good gifts for a young girl.
- Lala wants to have a private conversation with Kimihito, so she whacks him over the head with her scythe in order to give him a near-death experience.
- Kimihito's expression when he sees what Lala's holding behind her back and realises what she did.
- The doctors at the hospital must be comically incompetent- they're so amazed at how miraculously Yuuhi apparently recovered from her terminal illness that they somehow fail to notice that she's clinically dead (they apparently didn't even take her pulse)! To make matters even worse, even Smith-san was able to work this out almost instantly.
- Suu beats the eel mermaids at their own game.
- Lala discovers prostrating yourself in apology isn't a good idea for someone with a detachable head.
- When Cici delivers a Diagonal Cut at Zombina, Zombina's reaction is rather deadpan as her upper body starts sliding down, complaining that she just sewed herself this morning before falling to pieces.
- Lilith tries to hypnotize Kimihito into releasing his carnal desires, resulting in the hypnotized Kimihito telling her to knock it off with the seduction, then telling Doppel she should put some clothes on.
- On a related note, MON are shocked at the end to see Doppel actually wearing clothes.
- Even better, she's actually more embarrassed about wearing clothes than her being completely naked, which she usually is.
- On a related note, MON are shocked at the end to see Doppel actually wearing clothes.
- Liz and Kinu playing the Call of Cthulhu tabletop game and unwittingly summarizing the events of the preceding few pages.
Orc Leader: I know you! You're that little changeling that kicked me before! Heh heh, now that I know what you are, I'm not scared at a-
Doppel: You really think so? If that's true...
*insectoid limbs and dripping tentacles extend out of the hood Doppel is wearing*
Doppel: Did their face look like...this?
*Her head splits open to reveal a number of very sharp teeth and multiple tongues*
Liz: *sitting at a cafe table nearby* Sanity check failed! You take 3d6 Sanity Damage!
- After Tionishia successfully talks Kimihito into using her lap as a pillow, she proceeds to crush his head between her breasts and thighs while reaching for a snack.
- A interesting plot point in the chapter: no one, not even Kii, can get any cleaning done in the forest because Tio is too nice and has too warm of a personality, causing everyone to completely and fully relax, almost to the point of passing out in her lap.
- Zombina tricking Manako into holding a frame that makes her look like a wanted poster.
- Suu mimics a bird-scare balloon to freak out Papi.
- Suu and Papi's teacher rating scale. For the pair, the remaining five sans Lala take time to educate them each day. Rachnera is the coolest of them and Miia is dead last with a power gap between her and Centorea.
- How all of the other girls tell Miia how they do what they can to help around the house, from doing some chores to earning some extra money. Every single one of them keeps saying how they don't want to be a lazy burden, which seems to physically hurt Miia.
- Rachnera reveals she sells her silk to help pay for her living expenses. Miia is completely shocked that Rachnera does such a normal thing to help, thinking that she would be using her "bondage" as payment. Rachnera seems to be practically insulted by this and wondering what Miia takes her for.
- Miia, acting as a fitness instructor, leads the customers through some stretching exercises, lamia style.
Polt: (on the phone) Yes hello, I'd like an ambulance, please.
- Centorea didn't do so well as a kendo instructor, since her training is for war, not sport.
- The reason Ms. Smith wants Centorea to look after Darling after revealing three illegal extra-species? Because she knows that he always somehow gets involved with these incidents. Centorea can't disagree with her.
- Centorea has a Mero-type moment, fantasizing about having a You Shall Not Pass moment to protect Kimihito.
- After Kimihito finishes sucking out the poison from Centorea's breast, Kii pops up to ask if sucking on boobs is his hobby or something.
- Kimihito turns into a South Park Canadian upon seeing his home turned into a dungeon.
- "Princess" Miia in her "cell" asks Kimihito to rescue her. When Cerea suggests finding a key to her cell, Miia just bends the bars with her tail.
- Kimihito notes that Lala is pretty much the same as normal, much to her embarrassment.
- Seeing what all that gear Cerea was geeking out on really was.
- Seeing what the girls really look like during their Mushroom Samba.
- Kimihito and Cerea discover that Mero's mom pretty much anticipated everything they could think of when she had Kimihito's house modified, to the point of installing a highly dangerous last-ditch measure.
Kimihito: What did Mero's mom do to my house... *sweatdrop*
- Kimihito overhears Lala and Miia fighting, and worries they've snapped thanks to the Mushroom Samba. Turns out they were playing a video game.
- Kimihito fighting with his hallucination because he thinks the hallucination's ideas are stupid:
Hallucination: If you like, try talking to them. I'm sure a miraculous something will work out or whatever. Probably.Kimihito: SHUT UP! I don't care if you're a hallucination, that's just stupid!!
- Lala holding her head up to spew out water as the house drains.
- Suu's still under the effects of the Mushroom Samba by the end... so they pop her in a jar with a sign saying "Under jar arrest during spore decontamination". It's the blissed-out Suu that makes it, really.
- Miia can't handle the heat after the air conditioning breaks, so Suu's solution is to refrigerate herself to cool Miia down. Unfortunately, Suu's Personality Powers kick in, turning her into an Ice Queen...
Miia: So cold...Suu: (gives Miia the shoulder) Don't touch Suu anymore.Miia: So cold!? Suu's being so cold now?!Centorea: Did you not just finish saying as much?
- Kimihito has a reputation:
Miia: Don't tell me Darling had a secret girl on the side who's holding a grudge...?!Kimihito: What're you talking about?! Of course I didn't hook up with some black market ringleader!!Miia: Well, it's just knowing Darling... Maybe he ran into the female boss of some dirty organization and accidentally, well, you know...(Mero thinks "It could happen...")Kimihito: Wait. Mero - what's with that look you're giving me. *sweatdrop*'
- Draco attempts to woo Miia by serving as the model for a trial room at the expo, trying to play the suave seducer with a glass of grape juice in hand. Unfortunately, Miia gives no shits and walks off with Kimihito.
- As part of her contract as the model, Draco has to strip down and put on a swimsuit to demonstrate the room's heating capabilities. Unfortunately, due to being Bifauxnen, the room operators thought she was male and left her nothing but a pair of swim trunks, shocking her to the point that she's still naked by the time the glass clears up.
- Cathyl and Merino have set up a "milking booth" at the expo, and the obvious implications have resulted in a massive line of perverts waiting to milk them. Then the event starts and it turns out they brought along actual cows and sheep for the milking part.
- Miia and Centorea are oohing over devices to make lamia and centaur lives easier. Mero tries out a motorised wheelchair, but turns it down because she wouldn't be able to have Kimihito push her chair around any more. This gets Miia and Centorea remembering how Kimihito helps them out, and reconsidering just how 'useful' the devices are.
- Papi and her new friend, who is not in the least bit happy about looking after the scatterbrained harpy.
- Being part-moth, the mothmen race's traditional craft is making bright lanterns they stare at in fascination while drooling, and which shock people who touch them.
- To lure out the vampire Smith signs Kimihito up for a extraspecies dating event, with him being set up with girls who drink blood. A lamprey, mosquito, and leech girl later there is no vampire and our protagonist is about to die from blood loss.
- When the three blood sucking girls start talking about forming a harem for Kimihito and then over which one of them would be his true partner, he promptly pulls a Screw This, I'm Outta Here!
I ♥ Monster Girls
Home Alone with Manako (by Tottori-Saq)
- Papi eventually gets tired of Manako constantly staring at her. So Manako goes outside for a bit. Soon after, Papi notices a glint in the distance.
Manako: *nursing a bump on her head* "I thought you needed a little space..."Papi: *holding rifle* "Papi doesn't need a SNIPER!!"
- Miia is reminded of the time she slithered into her mother's "toy" room as a child.
Rachnera: "What's the matter? You're beet red."Miia: "O-oh, nothing?! What makes you think I was remembering something weird?!"
- Rachnee makes it clear that real or not, she doesn't like ghosts. Because she can't tie them up.
- Lala refers to the bathroom as a "portal to the underworld".
- Upon learning that Meroune pictures herself as the Little Mermaid, Zombina offers to lend her her legs.
Papi in the Bird's Café (by Nobuyoshi Zamurai)
- Papi and Suzu arguing about whether they're "harpies" or "birdgirls".
Rin: I don't think it really matters...
- Manako trying out Zombina's breasts.
- Miia's cooking reaches a new low when even Suu doesn't want seconds.
Suu: I'm detecting a truly unique flavor, and a distinct bouquet of insecticide. If, as people say, "cooking is a form of love♥", this dish is clearly Stockholm Syndrome.
- Miia accidentally bites into Zombina's boob that's been left in the fruitbowl.
- While the Anime is a rather faithful adaptation of the Manga, and thus shares most of the moments listed here, the OP adds a number of silly moments, not the least of which is the ending: a Spirit Bomb shaped like a heart fired by the girls at poor Kimihito.
- The opening has a moment where Rachnera of all people is tied up in bondage.
- The creepy little smile Miia makes (pictured above) before dragging Kimihito back to bed.
- When Kimihito finds out what Miia's panties look like, she punts him so hard that he goes flying through the shop door at such a speed that he's barely on-screen for a split-second. Judging by the velocity, he must've gone flying across the street and through a building... If a car didn't stop him first.
- The anime puts a spin on Miia's Imagine Spot of Shounen!Kimihito that's a combination of funny and cute: the imagined Kimihito delivers his Declaration of Protection towards Miia, then reaches out and pats her on the head.
- More imagination fun. When Centorea declares her knightly spirit and the armored centaurs appear beside her, a baffled Kimihito asks if they're Stands. Then the knights casually say "later" as they disappear.
- Innocent Innuendo aplenty is added to the part where Kimihito helps Papi put on her swimsuit.
- As Suu looms over them, Centorea accidentally grabs Kimihito's crotch.
Kimihito: "Th-That's not your sword..."
- It takes Centorea a beat of staring at her hand before she realizes what she did, panics, and trips, knocking herself unconscious.
- The extra scene when Kimihito removes the skin from the tip of Miia's tail:
- When Kimihito accidentally puts his finger in "the wrong spot", a Hurricane of Euphemisms appear in the form of various images: a snake poking through a curtain while saying "How ya doin'?", the same snake sinking a golf ball, a dart hitting a bulls-eye, and a bowling ball landing a strike.
- The scene where Miia accidentally twists Kimihito's neck is made much goofier. Instead of just a Neck Snap, Kimihito is spun around like a top and ends up with his entire body twisted around.
- When the Director's scheme is revealed by Suu, the other girls each grab something to threaten him with. Centorea unsheathes her sword, Mero picks up a large conch shell, and Miia wields her tail.
- When Kimihito notes that the reason people stare at Centorea might not be that she's non-human, Bicycle Cop can be seen in the crowd with his eyes popped out and bouncing.
- Suu bouncing down an embankment as she makes cat noises with each bounce is even cuter/funnier animated.
- In a scene that is equal parts awesome and funny, giant Suu unleashes one of the cutest Godzilla-style roars ever heard.
- Basically the entire scene where Lala's head was screaming in pleasure when her body was getting violated by Rachnera, then Suu.
- As Kimihito is worrying over the food expenses, Papi and Suu can be seen pouring Miia's "concoction" down Lala's throat. Also, the kitchen's on fire.
- In the anime, the scene where Centorea tries some carrots becomes a full-on Disney Acid Sequence.
Almost Daily Animation
- Papi discovering the bidet function on the toilet.
- Papi stuffing balloons in one of Cerea's tops and enjoying the feeling of having a chest...until the balloons pop.
- Zombina accidentally giving herself two right hands.
- Doppel and Lala having a Chuunibyou duel. Doppel wins.
- Suu imitating jello.
- Tio being too tall for the door, smashing a hole in the wall as a result. And then apologizing so vigorously that she knocks over the table.
- Lala writes a love letter for Papi. It sounds nothing like her.
- Several of the girls attempt to play twister. Miia, Papi, and Centorea have a difficult time, but Rachnera has little trouble.
- The girls find Kimihito's Porn Stash. Rachnera wants to keep it and use it as reference material.
OVA Episode 1
- Lala freaking out the nurses when the barium she's supposed to be drinking flows out her neck and onto the floor.
- Papi and Suu playing keep-away with Lala's head.
- Kimihito wants to bring everyone with him to the gym because he's worried Rachnera will do something to Lala, Papi, and Suu while he's gone. Rachnera claims she won't do anything to them, while holding a vibrator behind her back and having a box of bondage tools right next to her.
- Polt enthusiastically shaking everyone's hands, including shaking Lala's head.
- Rachnera trying out tying up the girls with jump-ropes, even putting Suu's bucket in shibari.. It is followed by a strung-up Polt who simply says she got caught.
- Zombina lifting weights only for her hands to fall off.
- Doppel cheating by making dumbbells out of her own hair.
- After Rachnee makes a second Teeny Weenie joke at Kimihito's expense, Miia makes a dive for his pants to see if it's true. Followed by an earthworm with Kimihito's head, claiming, "It's not an earthworm".
- Zombina thinking about how Manako's contact lenses could double as bra padding.
- The girls attempting to emulate Polt's yoga pose despite not having the same type of body.
- Rachnera feeling strained because Papi and Suu were sleeping on her spider half while she was trying to sun-bathe.
- The almost daily animation shorts were accompanied by audio clips of the various girls counting sheep for you (or rather Kimihito) to help you sleep. Lots of cute fun ensues, such as:
- Papi falling asleep herself while counting.
- Suu waking you up so she can finish counting.
- Zombina counting zombies, and upon being told that she's supposed to count sheep, starts counting zombie sheep instead.
- Manako, being too shy to get close, instead opts to shout her counting from as far away as possible.
- Tionishia counting cookies, until she runs out.