Funny: Daily Life with Monster Girl
- In the volume one omake, the first three girls (Miia, Papi and Centorea) clamoring to know what Kimihito's fetish is. His response?
- Any time Centorea gets flustered, really. A prime example would be her expression the first time she and Kimihito hold hands. It doubles as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- The aftermath of her and Miia's fantasies about starting a family with Kimihito. While Miia is happy as can be, Centorea is mortified.
- And then there's her Intimate Healing moments in Chapter 13: her Headbutt Thermometer, and her warming Kimihito (Suu) with her own body temperature, both ending with her face-down on a table and muttering to herself. note
- Chapter 17 has her enjoying her reward: holding hands with her master. That she is so out-there is hilarious and very cute.
- Meta-Funny: It seems that Seven Seas is having a bit of trouble being consistent with the character names; in Book 4 the kobold character is referred to as Port, but in Book 6 it's Polt.
- Kimihito goes clothes shopping with Miia and they end up at a lingerie store. After a case of Accidental Pervert, he starts wondering to himself how lamia wear panties... only to notice a decorated (and sticky) triangle-shaped object in his hands...
- Kimihito's Chapter 1 nightmare about what would happen if he ever tried to have sex with Miia actually happens for real.
- "MY snake might shed its skin too!"
- There's even a red snake having shed its skin in the scene, with a gleam in its eye saying "Hey, ba-by!"
- Papi while defending Suu's position as a member of the household.
- "The chicken bitch is flying, man!!"
- While Centorea, Miia and Kimihito discuss about Suu, Papi and Suu are seen playing Wii Sports (presumably tennis).
- The Orcs' list of "Demands," which consist entirely of wanting "OrcxSomething" Eroge. Or in layman's terms, porn.
- Miia doing her level best to try and get Kimihito's attention away from Mero. And her frustration at everyone else falling for her charms.
- And to top it off, while Mero may be romantically interested in Kimihito, she wants to have a "tragic romance".
- At the beginning of this chapter, the blurb regarding volume sales gets a surprisingly funny moment.
Over 300,000 copies sold! Japan, what's wrong with you?
- Mero tries Miia's cooking, not knowing about how unskilled she is at it, and the resulting pain is so intense she flashes on the image of The Little Mermaid's fins turning into legs, before collapsing, foaming at the mouth, while smiling.
- Suu's attempts at following the other girls' orders to take care of Kimihito (because she's at no risk of catching his cold) end up nearly drowning him in her goo, nearly freezing him to death in a chilly swimming pool, eating Miia's cooking (which probably would have killed him), looming up before him in nightmare mode, and finally subjecting him to a gooey Marshmallow Hell. Poor guy's worse than ever by the end of it...
- And then she tries to read his mind to find out what's wrong and gets a Madness Mantra of "Fever, dizzy, dry, headache, shaking, chills, sweat, pain..." oh, and "lust and boobs." Of course, this IS immediately after the Marshmallow Hell incident. After having Suu's boobs in his face, is it any wonder they're on his mind a second later?
- After all the talk of virus transference, the only person to catch Kimihito's cold is Ms. Smith.
- Suu beating on Kimihito, simply because Miia, Centorea, and Mero were doing the same thing. It's really her clueless, confused expression◊ while holding a club that makes it.
- Rachnera's Blatant Lies about Kimihito surprising her on the toilet. It's really her clearing her throat beforehand that takes the cake.
- Papi and Suu wearing Centoria's bra on their heads.◊
- Keep in mind that the bra was still too small for her.
- After overexerting themselves swimming and suffering from cold/chlorinated water, Miia and Meron claim their prize at the finish line: A bop on the head and a scolding from Kimihito for nearly hurting themselves in this race.
- Then they find out Centoria won the race, despite her body not being built for swimming at all.
- How Rachnera—who volunteered to keep an eye on Suu and Papi while everyone else was out swimming—is seen in the last panel of Ch. 17 completely worn out, with her charges playing in swings made out of her own silk?
- Rachnera: [completely frazzled] H...hurry up and get home already...
- Doubly funny considering that originally Rachnera is initially seen to be quite enthusiastic on watching the 2 over because she thinks she can have fun with them!
- Upon learning who Kimihito is going out with, the girls all have horrified looks except Papi, who is blissfully oblivious, as usual.
- Suu chugging a water bottle she swiped while pretending to be Papi's outfit.
- Miia picking a super bad time to call Papi. Namely, when her cellphone falls into her panties.
- Miia and Centoria when their attempts to spy on Kimihito using Suu as a disguise inevitably go wrong.
- Miia sneaking to the love hotel, Solid Snake style (complete with costume), with Suu as a box. It's really the slime's eyes and antenna that make the scene.
Miia: This is Sna... Miia!
- Not to mention, Rachnera is dressed as The Boss when Miia runs into her.
- When Rachnera gets Blank White Eyes, it extends to all six of them. Nice touch there, Okayado.
- A small one, but you can't help but smile at Papi's face when the girls finally sit down and learn the truth.
- Kimihito and Miia notice a crab in the aquarium straddling a pipe eating something with one pincer. Kimihito notes that it reminds him of Rachnee, with a picture in the background of the arachne in question in the exact same position: straddling a web munching on chips, with a bag of chips held limply in one of her hands.
- When Miia and Kimihito see a pair of fish kissing, they are about to share one too, before Mero suddenly pops in to reveal that those are actually male fish competing with each other. Miia's reaction to this only adds to the moment: she's so apoplectic she can't even DO anything for a panel except stand there frozen with FOUR Cross-Popping Veins on the back of her head and one on the back of her hand.
- While Tionishia is keeping an eye on Miia, it's revealed that she's carrying a real dolphin, with Blank White Eyes no less. Never has animal cruelty and a living being's distress been so hilarious.
Aquarium Worker: Miss, I know I said you can touch the dolphins, but you can't take the dolphins with you! Miss!
- Draco realizes the oars are missing. Cut to a shot of Mero several feet away, said oars in her hands.
- The Reveal of Draco's gender. Suddenly, lingerie!
- Kimihito giving Miia a snake pendant coiled in the shape of a heart and the resulting hug. At first it's heartwarming, but it goes right into funny as Miia's hug starts breaking Kimihito's skeleton.
- Zombina succinctly summarizes the entirety of this chapter: "What's going on?!"
- Followed up by her reaction to Giant Suu and Giant Kii about to fall on her. It's her expression that makes it.
- What seems like a lovely barbecue in the beautiful outdoors is revealed to be an illegal dumping site.
- Papi's brain overheating from trying to actually remember something for once.
Papi: Beats me! I forgot all about her after I planted her!
- Also this exchange:
Kimihito: You're horrible!
- How do you shrink a giant Dryad who's been enlarged by illegal super fertilizer? Suck it out of her. Through where, exactly? Her breasts.
- Kii can't write.
- The Stinger: they forgot about Zombina this time.
- Before the chapter even starts, we are treated to this full-colour gem:
Centorea: Well, being sexually accosted by Suu is the norm around here.Miia: Just be patient until Suu lets go of you, alright?Rachnera: I'm never taking a bath with you guys ever again!
Miia: Then just breathe out of your mouth then.
- But before even that, Rachnera is a bit reluctant to get into the bath because her lungs are located in her abdomen (like an actual spider). If she got in, she wouldn't be able to breathe! Miia has absolutely no sympathy, and yanks her into the water anyway.
- Centorea dons full armour for her date with Kimihito so she can protect him. According to one line, she even wanted to put on more—lance, shield, bow, and full quiver.
- Later on, her blazing hot dedication to her master's safety.
- Centorea's steering Kimihito away from "danger," which includes:
- Walking too close to the street.
- Schoolgirls looking for donations
- A pimp
- His ringing cellphone, because it could be a scam
- Manako gets no breaks:
- Being intimidated by Centorea's over-protectiveness
- Getting trolled by Lilith, the demon girl
- Rachnera merrily waving from the alleyway:
Rachnera: I'll be watching from the shadows today~ Plus, it's fun to watch you and Centorea-chan! So have fun on your date, you two~Centorea: (burning bright red) Th-this is not a date!
- Centorea's rear end getting stuck in some automatic sliding doors.
Centorea: Kh... pray forgive me.
- Hypnotized!Centorea giving Kimihito Marshmallow Hell.
- Boar Ex Machina
Lilith: Hey, who's there? Be quiet, they'll see us! (later) Why is there a boar here!?
- Later on, the look on its face after Centorea drills it with a slab of wood.
- Rachnera got a new toy: Lilith.
Rachnera: Okay, then. Now what should I do with you~?
- Lilith realizing it was a bad idea to push Rachnera's buttons like that.
- Centorea's apron doesn't fit. It's clearly straining because of her extremely ample chest.
- Papi's little tantrum regarding Centorea's cooking.
Papi: Papi wants meat! Meat, meat, MEAT!
- Miia and Papi trying to feed Suu vegetables, ala feeding a dog under the table.
- Zombina "accidentally" dropping her boob and forcing Kimihito to sew it back on.
- Tionisha dragging Kimihito around (by the leg at one point) on their "date".
- The dullahan's body has its own speech bubbles, in case she is beheaded. Its reaction to being offered cookies is just priceless. (≻∀≺)
- When Kimihito finally finds the dullahan's head, she starts portentously declaiming about how he's going to serve her, to blank looks from Kimihito, who doesn't have a clue what she's going on about. In the end, she gets adorkably embarrassed, and admits she just wants him to return her head to her body.
- Rachnera offers to reattach the dullahan's head to her body. The dullahan, remembering just what Rachnera did when she was left with her body, hides behind Kimihito.
- The dullahan drinking a cup of tea. Naturally, head and body being separate, she can't simply use her mouth... so she pours it down her neck. Miia and Centorea's reactions are priceless.
- Even better: the tea's still too hot and both her body and severed head start sweating and panicking.
- The girls panic that every attempt to save their beloved darling from death only makes things worse. Cue the Shout-Out to a plane exploding in the background.
- Centorea's beautiful medieval fantasy of becoming disgraced knights with her master, adventuring through the lands together, is almost immediately interrupted by Kimihito falling off the saddle and smashing his head against the pavement.
- Kimihito decides to prove he isn't actually going to die by raising as many Death Flags as possible. When he walks into the street, it looks like he's about to get hit by a truck. Instead, he gets hit by a toy truck that's only as tall as his knee. There's also a guy with a remote controller in the background saying "Sorry!" for hitting him.
- Kimihito's Dark Past. In middle school, he basically tried to invoke as many cool tropes as possible, like Eyepatch of Power, Handwraps of Awesome, Coat Cape, and Gratuitous Foreign Language, to no avail.
- Lala becoming the latest victim of Miia's cooking: whatever Miia whipped up, it was so incomprehensibly vile it turned Lala into a Yukkuri, complete with a little ghost floating out of her mouth saying "Take it easy in the afterlife!" Her body is a few feet away, slumped in a chair twitching, with smoke coming out of her neck.
Lala's Ghost-thing: "Pull up a grave and join the fun, boyo!"
- The official English translation is just as good:
- When the girls are out shopping, Papi is giving rides with all the children hoping to fly next. While this is happening, Suu is giving kids rides with her tentacles, all of them completely terrified.
- Cerea is offended at the mere mention of carrying groceries, as she is not a pack horse. Then Kimihito asks her to carry the groceries and she does it anyway. Mero's expression is priceless.
Mero: Miss... Centorea...Centorea: Ng, not a word!
- Poisoned!Suu. Particularly this bit of Brutal Honesty:
Ms. Smith: What's wrong, darling?
Kimihito: Nothing! Nothing is wrong!
Suu: He doesn't have any money for food, and five freeloaders (Ms. Smith and the four MON members) just showed up and ate all of his shit, so he's a little pissed about it!
- It's the completely happy look Suu has on her face that sells it.
- Kimihito shoves his head inside Suu's body and screams his lungs out—blowing bubbles in her, no less!—after Ms. Smith tells him that all living expenses for his household will be reimbursed and covered by The Organization, and thus his worries about the food budget have all been for nothing.
- The ending:
The next day, they ate out for all three meals. They ate at a steak restaurant during a half-off sale. Cerea had a salad.
They were then banned from the restaurant.
- The Running Gag of Miia's cooking continues. A hungry Rachnera, upon learning Miia's whipping up something to eat (involving the substitution of oyster sauce with Worcestershire sauce because they sound the same), decides to wait till lunch. Then Ren decides to test herself by trying to eat Miia's "creation"... and it turns out even the smell of it knocks people unconscious.
(Beginning of the page)Miia: This is kind of getting me down a little.(End of page)Miia: Nope, this is really getting me down.
- Centorea's looking for something to open an envelope. Lala offers her scythe. Rachnera sweat drops.
- The fact that Lala removes her head solely so the speech bubble didn't block her head.
- Papi forgetting Ren's name twice within a few seconds.
- Ren's Innocently Insensitive reactions to Mero's fashion sense and Centorea's room.
- Centorea's Spit Take at Kimihito refusing to let Rachnera go with Ren, and Miia's ensuing molestation by Suu.
- Rachnera drunk on coffee. Which is based on actual scientific studies of the effects of drugs on spiders; the study shows that spiders react to caffeine the same way humans react to alcohol.
- The Mass "Oh, Crap!" from Centorea, Papi and Miia when they read their letters and find out their mothers are coming.
- The Sofa That Turns People To Mush! An impossibly comfortable chair that provokes some interesting reactions from all who sit in it. The best reaction is probably when Meron sits in it; she likes it so much, she "subconsciously protects" it by tail-slapping Papi across the face, hard.
- Anytime the girls call Miia mushy.
- Centorea breaks Miia's special sofa, and in a panic decides to use Suu as a substitute while she orders a new one. Then Rachnera decides to give the "sofa" a try, and realises it's the one housemate she's powerless against just a little too late...
Rachnera: Ahh, it's so soft~! But why does it feel like I've felt this many times before?
Sofa!Suu: *Glowing Eyes of Doom*
- The fact that Miia didn't consider her dream a nightmare because Kimihito was getting molested by countless Lamias but because he was worn out by the time it was her turn.
- Miia wakes up from the nightmare to find Rachnera next to her bed. Because she'd slipped into Miia's room to write on her face.
- When they're working on cleaning the house, we get another funny moment with Suu. The Suu roomba!
- The handshake, which immediately turns into Miia's mom groping Kimihito.
- How does Miia drive off her mom the first time? With a Suu-bomb, of course!
- Miia using cold spray as mace to ward off her mother.
- Miia's reactions when dealing with a drugged up Kimihito essentially go like this:
OH NO! Darling's going to rape me!OH YAY! Darling's going to rape me!
- Kimihito's phone call where he learns that Rachnera got drunk on the caffeine in the tea becomes a Brick Joke when Rachnera ties up both Miia and her mother since they were being loud and she had a hangover.
- When Kimihito is doing the laundry and handling Lala's underwear, she is in the background looking both annoyed and blushing.
- Kimihito and Miia call out Rachnera for reading Papi's letter. Rachnee asks if they want to read it and they go right for it.
- The fact that Papi is able to explain the situation to Kimihito so clearly freaks him out.
- Kimihito deduces that Papi resets her brain in three steps, but since he's carrying her the entire time, Papi was able to remember everything.
- Papi's mom was stopped by a patrolling policeman. Her response to the police officer?
Papi's Mom: Do you want to mate?
- At the end of the chapter, Rachnera asks Papi if she can remember Honey's real name. Papi has absolutely nothing to say.
- Rachnera hiding and covering her ears when Centorea's mother comes to the house. Possibly implying she still has a hangover.
- Ms. Smith's explanation of what a "Teaser" does: they sexually stimulate a female centaur, only for a Gonk male centaur to swoop in and take the lead.
- Mero and the girls playing around with a sound effect box.
- Centorea getting embarrassed at Ms. Smith and Polt's commentary regarding her breasts.
- Manako going into Color Failure upon hearing that Centorea snapped a 103cm bra.
Rachnera: "She ordered it with a band of 103cm. Are you saying she's even bigger than that?"Miia: "You're kidding me..."
- The previous panel makes it clear that Manako isn't the only one suffering from A-Cup Angst; Miia and Rachnera, who are both well endowed themselves, are clearly in a state of shock.
- Kimihito getting caught in Marshmallow Hell between Centorea and her mother.
- Suu suggesting that Kimihito Marry Them All, along with listing her own advantages as a living roomba, garbage disposal or peeling machine.
- Rachnera punishes Kimihito for not fixing the creaky attic floor by practicing 100 forms of bondage on him.
- Rachnee's face when Kimihito gives her a heartfelt compliment. It's obvious she's not used to being praised.
- Mero and Suu's teamup in order to get Mero up the stairs to Rachnee's attic.
- Mero's Imagine Spot of Kimihito marrying Rachnera...with Kimihito as the bride (complete with Kimihito Biting the Handkerchief and lamenting how he'll "never be a groom...").
- Both Kimihito and Rachnera agree Mero is being a tragedy freak again... before Rachnera says she's alright with the fantasy and pounces on Kimihito.
- Yukio's heat protection suit adds a hilarious element to her otherwise rather serious demeanor.
- As the gang's suggesting ways to bring traffic to Yukio's inn, Mero suggests a stage musical, starring Yukio as a character who freezes things with her power. In the background is an Imagine Spot Yukio striking a pose ripped directly from a very, very, very popular piece of media about a character who does exactly that.
Miia: I think that'd be a copyright issue!
- It gets even funnier when Yukio loses control of her powers later in the chapter and starts freezing things (ie. Kimihito). Why? Because she got emotional.
- Size: small.
- The opening page, featuring Miia having an Imagine Spot where she's a Magical Girl Warrior, Kimihito's the Tuxedo Mask-style hero, and Rachnee's the villain, while the real Kimihito's expression is on the verge of a sweatdrop and the real Rachnee's expression is "Seriously?". For bonus points, in the main story, Miia ends up playing the villain.
- Yukio's been making the gang write reports on the baths. Lala, Suu and Papi really aren't taking it well.
- Miia's beat and reaction when she turns to see the shrine monster.
- The shrine master gets mad.
- Merino and Cathyl both force Kimihito to deal with their personal problems, since they would be too embarrassed to ask each other.
Cathyl: "I'm asking you to milk me!!"
- Papi refuses to leave without her chickies.
- Kinu gets a bug in her suit and promptly rips it off, causing Kimihito's nose to explode.
- Lala's shock when Liz and Kinu don't understand a word of her typically long-winded way of saying "it wasn't me".
- Kinu throws Suu at a fleeing Lala.
- Suu translates Lala via telepathy.