open/close all folders
Butterfly Law Firm
The Butterfly Law Firm is one among the many law firms that specializes in defending persons accused of using magic before the courts.
- Amateur Sleuth/The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: What they're doing in the show, to the chagrin of Sesari.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: The crew at Butterfly is a colorful cast, and not just literally.
- Experienced Protagonist: All of them are familiar in dealing with the courts. Cecil is, at least at the start of the show, familiar with the laws dealing with the Magic Prohibition Law.
- Hello, Attorney!: The folks at Butterfly sure are good-looking. Except for Seseri.
Voiced by: Rui Tanabe (Japanese), Brittney Karbowski (English)The main protagonist of Wizard Barristers. A rookie Benmashi who believes the best in her clients. Due to her mother being incarcerated for something she may not have done, Cecil hates people who are prejudice against Wuds. She was originally from Ontario, Canada before she permanently relocated to Taito, Japan to work for Butterly in their Ueno office.Cecil became known to the wizard barrister community for being the youngest person to sit on the wizard barrister exam and pass it with flying colors.
- Back from the Dead: Shizumu mentions that she was killed at least once.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Cecil is a seventeen year old Genki Girl who really loves her mother and genuinely wants to defend her clients against an unjust and prejudiced society. Thus, some people forget that Cecil can also create a Humongous Mecha at will, on top of the powers she obtains later in the series.
- But Not Too Foreign: Cecil is half Canadian due to her mother.
- Butt Monkey: In the first two episodes she gets fined for a ticket and her pay is docked by Sesari.
- By the Power of Grayskull!Cecil: Cecil, Diaboloid! Go!
- Canada, Eh?: She sports a maple leaf on her scooter helmet.
- The Chosen One: She is apparently a special sort of extremely powerful mage born only every few centuries. Even the devil has taken an interest on her.
- Crusading Lawyer: To the extent of offering to defend a magician attempting to mug her. It's due to personal reasons.
- Disappeared Dad: Nothing is shown (yet) on what happened to her Canadian father. In episode 7 and 8 Cecil travels to Canada in order to visit him alongside Natsuna.
- Extra Ore Dinary/ Instant Awesome, Just Add Mecha: Able to form a huge Diaboloid mech with the metal surrounding her.
- Gratuitous English: Due to her Canadian origins.
- Insistent Terminology: It's not a skimpy outfit, they are battle clothes!
- Lost Food Grievance: Gets mad at Nanagenie when she found that he ate her food from the fridge by hurling a fork at him. Thankfully for him, it missed.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: What appears to be the main reason the bad guys are interested in her...
- Nice Girl: Cecil is this. Unless you just happen to be someone who admits to discrimination against wuds or is trying to undermine the wud legal system in order to put innocent wuds under the death penalty.
- Redemption Quest: Cecil became a wizard barrister to prove that her mother is not a wud criminal.
- Teen Genius: Both as a law student and as a magician.
- Weirdness Magnet: Justified. Shizumu and an organization of mages have intentionally been leading mage criminals to attack her in order to further unlock her hidden magical powers.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Acts like one during her introduction by Ageha to her Butterfly colleagues, given out the Yamato Nadeshiko feel for the audience.
- Always Someone Better: She sees Cecil as this, given that she's a wizard barrister child prodigy. And even more since she was recruited to work for Butterfly at the same time alongside her.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She is jealous of Cecil's popularity at first. After she finds out about Cecil's reason for wanting to be a barrister, she becomes a lot more nicer to her.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Natsuna's main magic specialty when she needs to fight.
- Green-Eyed Monster: To Cecil, who's talents were immediately acknowledged and sought after without even having solved a single case.
- Hot for Teacher: Has one for her ex-law professor. Doesn't go through with it since she knows that he's married.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She starts off as a jerk to Cecil, but they become friends overtime, especially when Natsuna learns of Cecil's intentions.
- Malicious Misnaming: What see thinks of the nickname given to her by Koromo that even Cecil decides to pick it up after she was recruited to join the law firm. Also serves as a minor Running Gag.
- Surprisingly Good English: Does this once in "Hero Show" when she says "No comment" in good English.
- Straw Nihilist: Tries to point out to Cecil that her idealistic vision to help people through being a wizard barrister is not a good idea since there are individuals who loathe them for defending wud clients.
- The Rival: How it is played out between Cecil and Natsuna.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: See Aloof Dark-Haired Girl for more details.
- Crusading Lawyer: Becomes this after he became a wud. Especially in "Love and Hate" when he tries to defend a client accused of killing off an important witness prior to the start of the show.
- Heel–Face Turn: A bit after he was a wud that he became a wizard barrister.
- Hidden Depths: He plays baseball when not working as a barrister.
- Jerkass Has a Point: He maintains the fact that human will still discriminate against wuds, big or small.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Shows this off at the end of "Love and Hate" when he makes a personal visit to the grave of Mayu, the client he tried to defend before she was shot and killed by Shizumu.
- Making a Splash: Uses hydrokinesis as his magic specialty.
- Red Baron: In the Japanese legal system, Hachiya is known as "The Courtroom Terminator" for being able to win cases for his clients.
- The Stoic: Very quiet man who doesn't say much.
She also happens to be Lucifer, and is interested in Cecil for some reason.
- Alien Lunch: Puts ketchup on fish and whipped cream on rice on a couple of occasions. Strangely enough, it doesn't bug most of her fellow wizard barristers. Well, except for Cecil and Koromo, who are freaked out about her food choices.
- Almighty Janitor: Moyo may just be a paralegal, but she manages to scare the holy bejeezus out of Rei with just a look. For reference, Rei and his brother Shukuji are psychopathic killers who can create Humongous Mecha at will, and who aren't even afraid of Cecil.
- Cool Big Sis: To Cecil after she was recruited to work for Butterfly.
- Cuteness Proximity: To Cecil for obvious reasons.
- The Dreaded: If the facial expression of Rei in "Personality Crisis" is a sign of indication when he confronts Moyo in the Butterfly office and later when she saves Cecil.
- Satan: She's actually Lucifer, and has been living among humans for six years.
- Secret Keeper: Moyo keeps a secret regarding the reasons why Natsuna is disgruntled for not taking more wizard barristers like Cecil.
- She also appears to have a major secret concerning herself that Rei is genuinely freaked out a bit when he meets her for the first time in the Butterfly office.
- Spanner in the Works: What she's doing in the series against the bad guys.
- Time Master: She can freeze time and and move around in the stasis to do things as she see's fit.
- Wild Card:
- She has taken a special interest in Cecil, and has no qualms about killing people in brutal and gruesome ways in order to protect Cecil, who is completely unaware of this.
- By episode 11, Cecil might be starting to become aware of Moyo's true nature.
Voiced by: Miho Arakawa (Japanese), Krystal LaPorte (English)Another wizard barrister, Tsunomi is known to be an airhead by her colleagues who does things at her own pace. Despite this, she tries her best to help out her colleagues when needed.
- Born in the Wrong Century: Probable due to Tsunomi's clothes whenever she's at work as a wizard barrister. You wouldn't be blamed if you came to that conclusion.
- Blow You Away/Razor Wind: Tsunomi specializes in using wind-based attacks to either cut things into smaller bits or use them to disorient and distract her enemies.
- Cool Big Sis: Also takes on this role for Cecil alongside Moyo.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Enjoys cosplaying, and tried to get Cecil to join her in a cosplay event dressed as Super Sentai characters.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: A young woman with blonde hair, as well as being a wizard barrister set out to defend wuds accused of committing criminal/terrorist acts against the public.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Moyo mentions that when Tsunomi gets upset, she is usually very unpleasant to deal with in and out of the office.
- The Ditz: Known to be this by the law firm.
- The Heart: Does her best to keep everyone morally active alongside Ageha.
Voiced by: Rumi Ookubo (Japanese), Allison Sumrall (English)A wizard barrister who is prone to give erotic jokes and is also known to give funny nicknames to her Butterfly colleagues.
- Anything That Moves: Koromo just wants to pick up handsome guys, wuds or not.
- Covert Pervert: Acts like this towards her wizard barrister colleagues. At least except towards Kamakiri. See Thanks for the Mammary for details since they overlap with each other.
- One of the Boys: Enjoys playing airsoft during the weekends or when she has a day off. It's a case of Truth in Television since airsoft in popular in Japan that it's treated as a combat sport.
- Tarot Troubles: Koromo can tell what can happen in the future based on her tarot cards.
- Thanks for the Mammary: Does this to Cecil as a means of sexually harassing her. Serves as a major Running Gag in the show.
- The Nicknamer: Tends to give nicknames to her fellow wizard barristers.
- The Tease: Is this to her fellow wizard barristers.
Voiced by: Chafurin (Japanese), James Belcher (English)An old veteran of the law firm, he gives the younger barristers advice and suggestions based from his experience with regards to the wuds and their presence in the modern world.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Thanks to his observations after conducting interviews in "Six Nine", he was able to deduce that something was not right when he heard contradicting testimony that made Kamakiri go out of his way to dig for further evidence to prove Kujira's innocence.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Kamakiri is this in shades. While he does this to make the public think that he's a lazy bum, he uses this perception in order to get some time in to "gather" up evidence to help defend a client.
- Dirty Old Man: Shows this off in some shades since he wanted to be alone early in the morning alongside Natsuna. He also like young idols.
- Man Child: Cecil thinks he's one for being an idol fanboy.
- Master of Illusion: He specializes in casting illusion magic, allowing anyone he casts the spell on to take anybody else's physical appearance.
- Older and Wiser: Acts as this towards the younger barristers, such as explaining the significance of Grimoire 365 to them in "Personality Crisis".
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Has a suit and tie on.
- The Load: Pointed out by Moyo since he tends to forget doing things for his fellow barristers in the office. Cecil is also starting to feel this way in "Six Nine".
Voiced by: Yui Taya (Japanese), Ciara Parker (English)The secretary of the Butterly law firm. Aside from taking and answering calls, she usually helps out her colleagues by acquiring information for their cases when it's needed.
- Knowledge Broker: She assists her barrister colleagues by searching for needed information when needed. Although Mitori doesn't have any information network known.
- Meganekko: One of two staff members in the Butterfly law office. Although there may be more who didn't show up necessarily due to animation and story limitations.
- Nice Girl: One of the few in the law firm.
- Sexy Secretary: Depends on how you want to view Mitori as such.
- The Reliable One/The Smart One: Mitori's is one whenever the team tries to assist her colleagues with the necessary information.
- Benevolent Boss/Reasonable Authority Figure: Seen as this between the Chono siblings, as well as Cecil whenever she's in a pinch.
- Hair Decorations: Her Butterly-style ribbons. Which signifies her ties to the Butterfly law firm.
- Meganekko: Also wears glasses alongside Batta in the office.
- Parental Substitute: To Cecil due to her dad missing as her mom being incarcerated.
- Sibling Team: Is this most of the time alongside Seseri, whether in combat or in the courts.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Ageha is one with Quinn, despite their differences in their occupations.
- The Heart: Shares this role (sometimes) alongside Tsunomi. But she usually does this to make sure her subordinates don't get into trouble with the police.
Voiced by: Wataru Takagi (Japanese), Mark X. Laskowski (English)The second senior partner of Butterfly alongside his older sister, Ageha. He's known to be loud and angry when things don't go too well.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: When he rushes in to save Ageha and Cecil, despite his initial reservations to not get involved to apprehend No Face due to potential consequences of getting into trouble with the police.
- Bad Boss: Of the explosive temper variety.
- By the Power of Grayskull!Seseri: Seseri stylish! Go!
- Extra Ore Dinary: Sesari uses mini-metamoloids to restrain (by using a glue-like substance) and tackle the enemy on the ground.
- Foil: To his sister. While Ageha is calm and collected, Seseri is loud and explosive.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Known to be this in the office and at public.
- Hypocritical Heartwarming: He tells Cecil that the law firm can't catch the No Face Gang since they are not an official law enforcement agency. He goes to save Cecil and Ageha with Natsuna and Tsunomi anyway because they were in danger.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Wears a suit and tie.
- Sibling Team: Is this most of the time alongside Ageha, whether in combat or in the courts.
The various Wizard Barrister works alongside these familiars summoned to the real world.
- Geometric Magic: The familiars have pentagrams painted on their chests.
- Sensor Character/Supernatural Sensitivity: Familiar use these whenever they detect someone who has just used magic.
- Big Eater: Hinted to be at this to the point of eating whatever food Cecil was saving up in the fridge. This later gets him into trouble with Cecil after she throws a fork at him for the deed.
- Butt Monkey: Nanagenie is this since he gets at the receiving end of Cecil's pummeling, whether it's groping at her breasts and butt or eating her food without permission.
- Covert Pervert: Takes advantage of Cecil whenever possible. Unfortunately for him, Cecil knows to dish out punishment when he starts to become this.
- Familiar: Of the frog variety.
- Food Porn/Supreme Chef: For being a frog-based familiar, Nanagenie is one awesome chef who can whip up a good meal. He's the one who cooks most of their meals in Cecil's apartment. Cecil admires Nanagenie for his cooking skills.
- Fish out of Water: Nanagenie is not that familiar with most customs only known in Japan.
- Small Annoying Creature: Sometimes with Cecil.
- Verbal Tic: Nanagenie ends his sentences with "-bun".
Voiced by: Yuki Yoshinari (Japanese), Monica Rial (English)Mitsuhiya's familiar, who was summoned after his hydrokinesis powers were awakened prior to the start of the show. Unfortunately for him, she happens to be a Covert Pervert who wants to sleep at his side.
- Covert Pervert: Wants to sleep next to him. Too bad that the next time she does it, Mitsuhisa plans to make a tonkatsu meal out of her without any sign of hesitation.
- Familiar: Of the pig variety. With blonde hair in pigtails.
- Girlish Pigtails: What defines her. Most of the time.
- Small Annoying Creature: Sometimes with Mitsuya.
- The Load: What Hachiya thinks of her due to her pervertedness towards him.
- Uncanny Valley Makeup: Bubuhyi appears to have too much makeup and lipstick for a familiar. She probably doesn't care at this point as she wants to get Hachiya's full attention.
Voiced by: Saki Ogasawara (Japanese), Joanne Bonasso (English)The personal familiar of Tsunomi, she unfortunately tries to be the voice of reason when Tsunomi goes to Cloud Cuckoo Lander territory and tries to stop her before something goes wrong.
- Familiar: Of the chicken variety.
- Only Sane Man: Or rather, the only sane familiar in her relationship with Tsunomi.
- The Reliable One: Greatly hinted in her relationship with Tsunomi that Nanagenie chews her out a bit for not restraining her when she got captured by Gumegoma terrorists in "Hero Show".
- Verbal Tic: Kokki ends her sentences usually with a "-koke".
Shark Knight Law Firm
Another law firm that specializes in defending persons accused of using magic before the courts, they are a known rival of Butterfly.
- Big Damn Heroes: Pulls this off together with Shibuki in "Maple Leaf in Canada" when he takes down a wanted suspect.
- Meaningful Name: Kiba, in Japanese, means a fang. Given that his law firm office is called "Shark", this makes sense in terms of his ties with his own law firm.
- Megane: Always seen in purpose wearing glasses.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Wears a suit and tie.
- Those Two Guys: Usually seen together all the time with Shibuki.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Gives this to Cecil when she thinks that she wasn't doing her job in "Six Nine". Later averted when she and Kamakiri were able to secure a non-guilty verdict for Shibuki in court.
- Big Damn Heroes: Pulls this off together with Kiba in "Maple Leaf in Canada" when he helps Kiba take down a wanted suspect.
- Clear My Name: His main motive in "Six Nine" for getting out of jail.
- Hypnotic Eyes: Shibuki's main wud magic skill.
- It Amused Me: The reason why he used his wud powers to make a bowling alley manager strip his clothes and dance naked in public after Shibuki got into an argument with him.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Wears a suit and tie.
- The Scapegoat: Was accused of murdering the manager of a bowling alley facility in "Six Nine" after witnesses told police that he was the last person seen to speak to him. In the end, he was declared innocent of the charges since someone else was responsible for killing the manager.
- Those Two Guys: Usually seen together all the time with Kiba.
Metropolitan Police Department
The Metropolitan Police Department in Japan are tasked by the National Police Agency to apprehend wizard criminals and terrorists operating in the country.
- Badass Normal: Some of them go up against Wud criminals/terrorists and survive.
- Hero Antagonist. Some are this towards the Wizard Barristers. Then again, it's just their job to arrest/kill the bad guys. Though Shizumu is apparently in league with the Big Bad.
Inspector Quinn Erari
Voiced by: Marina Inoue (Japanese), Rachel Robinson (English)A career police officer with the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department, she's a plainclothes officer with the MPD's Section 1. Usually partnered up with Shizumu Ekuso, Quinn is always seen with a cigarette in her mouth. Due to the nature of her job, she discriminates somewhat against wud criminals and terrorists and the barrister who defend them in the courts.
- But Not Too Foreign: Hinted to be this, especially since her first name (In Japanese language material) is written in katakana.
- Fair Cop: Quinn is one.
- Multi-Ethnic Name: Western first name and Japanese last name, maybe.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: How Quinn was able to acquire a SMAW rocket launcher. "Hero Show" suggests that she has some connections to United States Force Japan military personnel.
- Smoking Is Cool: Is almost always seen with a cigarette in her mouth.
- Weapon of Choice: She uses a 3rd generation Glock 17 with a stainless steel slide as her main sidearm.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Quinn is one with Ageha, despite their differences in their occupations.
Inspector Shizumu Ekuso
- Big Bad Duumvirate: In terms of Shizumu working together with the Shimizu siblings in order to awaken most of Cecil's hidden magic powers.
- Blow You Away: Shizumu's secretly a wind-based wud in league with some of the bad guys.
- Deadpan Snarker: Shizumu does this to whatever justification Quinn has for taking a cigarette.
- Only Sane Man: In terms of trying to make sense with Quinn's line of thinking, such as the need to smoke in places where she's not allowed by the rules in MPD headquarters for instance.
- He even has to put up with Quinn using a SMAW to incapacitate the Metamoloid used by Gumegoma.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Wears a suit and tie since he's a plainclothes officer.
- Weapon of Choice: He uses a SIG-Sauer P228 as his main sidearm.
- The Mole/Double Agent: "Personality Crisis" seems to hint at this, being a double agent and mole for the MPD and for the big bad's group.
The various clients the Butterfly law firm takes on.
A former bank employee, he was harrassed by his co-workers for being a wud. He left the bank despite being treated well by Keiko Endo, one of his co-workers who treated him well. When Souta tried to make a visit, he was confronted by a No Face gangster who threatened to kill her. Due to use his magic to kill him, he was arrested by the police and treated as a suspect. He was the first client for Cecil on behalf of Butterfly.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Is this towards Keiko (for defending him despite being a wud) and to Cecil (for helping him to the point of being declared innocent for an act of self-defense).
- Face Death with Dignity: Souta was ready to face the death penalty imposed by the court despite the fact that he killed a No Face gangster in self-defense. That is... until Cecil bailed him out.
- Making a Splash: His main magic powers.
- Restored My Faith in Humanity: How he feels after Cecil successfully got the court to declare him innocent in "Sword and Scales".
- The Scapegoat: The government wishes to sentence him to death. Averted when Cecil was able to "gather" additional evidence to properly exonerate him.
- The Stoic: Doesn't say much, thanks to his time in the bank when he was bullied all the time by his human co-workers.
The girlfriend of Masato Namase, a local stuntman, whose life changed when he was killed in the magic courtroom. She was taken as a client after she was arrested for killing Oizumi, Masato's former manager. The police and prosecutors believe that Mayu killed Oizumi as an act of retaliation for the trial two years ago.
- Anti-Magic: Uses wave-based magic powers.
- Properly Paranoid: Claims that Masato's execution by the court was staged by someone with a lot of political clout. Turns out that she was right in some way since Makusu's in league with a bunch of wud extremist cultists.
- Roaring Rampageof Revenge: Her main goal in life after her boyfriend was wrongly convicted by the magic court of using magic illegally despite the contrary when Masato's manager told him to use some magic in order for him to gain popularity with the public.
- Leave No Witnesses/You Know Too Much: The probable reason why she was shot and killed by Shizumu before she gave out vital information to Mitsuya regarding Grimoire 365, given the revelation that he was a double agent in "Personality Crisis".
A young man who comes to Butterfly in order for them to be the defense lawyers of his older twin brother Tsukuji, who had become notorious in the wud community for being a serial killer. He is convinced that his serial killer condition was due to the abusive upbringing the two had before and after they were placed under custody of the state in an orphanage. Rei believes that his brother has a psychopatic personality due to dissociative identity disorder.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Despite being arrested alongside his twin brother, he was able to awaken some of Cecil's latent powers.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: He and his brother worked together with Shizumu in order to awaken Cecil's other powers.
- Crocodile Tears: While it's possible that he and his older brother did suffer child abuse, "Personality Crisis" implies that he took advantage of their tragic history in order to lure Cecil into a trap and allow his brother to have a psychiatric examination so that the state would deem him not guilty for "insanity" reasons.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Has a suit jacket and pants on when he introduces himself to everyone in Butterfly.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: To the point that Koromo finds him very attractive.
A rogue's gallery in the Wizard Barrister universe.
A wud criminal who was being pursued by the Special Assault Team to a deserted subway train at the start of "Swords and Scales". He specializes in using fire magic.
- Attack Reflector/Energy Absorption: Makes a circular shield from fire magic in order to absorb the bullets in the hijacked subway train after being confronted by the SAT.
- Beard of Evil: Literally has one.
- Defiant to the End: How things played out initially up to the point of being apprehended by Quinn, Shizumu and the SAT team sent to restrain Shigeki with anti-magic handcuffs. That is... until his sentence was carried out.
- Karmic Death: He is killed by the courts with Hellfire in the end after being declared guilty of recklessly endangering the lives of civilians and physically resisting arrest.
- Playing with Fire: Shigeki use pyrokinesis to fight off the SAT teams sent to arrest him. He later gets executed by what seems to be Hellfire.
- Starter Villain: In the show, but it's established that the police have been catching or killing off wud criminals/terrorists for a long time when the existence of wuds was made public.
A wud gang that specializes in hit and run robbery attacks on financial institutions. They appear in "Swords and Scales" and in "Hard Case".
- Finger Gun: One way for some members of the gang to use their fire attacks, eschewing their need of guns.
- Limited Wardrobe/Iconic Outfit: No Face gangsters are publicly identified by their white masks, black hoods, purple gloves and black boots.
- Misapplied Phlebotinum: Its members possess the ability to create the mecha-dragon-tyrannosaurus thing — and then use it to rob banks and other places of interest.
- More Dakka: They use this in conjunction with the said trope above to intimidate hostages, keep their heads down and take out the surveillance cameras during a score. This ensure that their attacks can make a hit.
- Playing with Fire: Some of their members use this when they use this in conjunction with their Finger Guns, resulting in various Finger Poke of Doom scenarios. It's also used to break into highly secured vaults.
Mayu SatomeSee Clients
A notorious wud known by the police for killing 15 people, all of them being wud users. It is said that he became a serial killer due to dissociative identity disorder, which came about to the abuses he and his younger brother Rei had endured after being placed in a state-managed orphanage in their teenager years.
- All There in the Manual: Mentioned in the episode "Personality Crisis" about his background.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Despite being arrested alongside his twin brother, he was able to awaken some of Cecil's latent powers.
- The Dreaded: Feared by everyone, especially in the wud community, for killing 15 persons prior to being arrested.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: Tsukuji murmured to Cecil about her hair ornaments after being declared by the court to be "insane". Due to this, Cecil realized that individuals affected with dissociative identity disorder should not be able to remember some parts of their "other" personality. This leads her to investigate Rei further, which led to the realization that the twins are in it together for a very "good" reason.
- Serial Killer: What Tsukuji is known to by the public and by law enforcement, even prior to his arrest.
- Sky Surfing: Well, not quite. But he use his metamoloid as a surfing board above human height in "Personality Crisis" in order to avoid gunfire from the police.
Rei ShimizuSee Clients
A wud terrorist group responsible for taking Cecil and some young kids and a cram school teacher hostage, they wish to achieve "world domination" with wuds being the one in charge. Unfortunately, they appear to be Terrorists Without a Cause in their latest mission since they were helping Shizumu try to awaken Cecil's dormant magic powers with everyone in the group summarily executed to make sure they won't tell the public about his wud powers.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: In their hostage situation mission. They were working alongside Shizumu behind the scenes.
- Fights Like a Normal: Despite being a wud terror group, most of its member don't hesitate to use small arms whenever possible. Only a few of them use magic when they feel they're in a pinch.
- Framing the Guilty Party: Shizumu does this to the group near the end of "Hero Show" in order to throw off any potential suspicion off from him.
- Leave No Witnesses/You Know Too Much: The reason why Shizumu decided to waste everyone in the group by executing them.
- Limited Wardrobe/Iconic Outfit: Gumegoma terrorists are easily identified by their gray trenchcoats and white shirts. Their other clothing is usually left to the discretion of its members.
- Playing with Fire: Some of its members use this an as offensive tactic.
- Terrorists Without a Cause: Played with unfortunately. Their latest mission was to asertain whether they were able to awaken Cecil's latent powers. They were wrong.