We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Characters: Survivor All-Stars
aka: Survivor All-Stars
open/close all folders
The Sole Survivor
Amber Brkich - The Australian Outback
- Born Lucky: Amber said she was lucky to be in an alliance with Boston Rob and to not be voted out at Final Tribal Council.
- Catch Phrase: Surprisingly averted. Not once in this season does she say her old catchphrase of "Oh my god, it's so good!"
- Mario from Funny 115 even wrote about it in his website, here is the paragraph,
"Do you even have to ask if I went through All-Stars and counted the number of times Amber says "Oh my godddd, it's sooooo good"? Hell yeah, of course I did! But guess what? She never says it during All-Stars. Not even once. Amber must have watched Australia back in 2001 and gotten annoyed with herself too, because it's like she made a conscious effort not to say it at any point during All-Stars. And that superhuman ability to change and adapt is what made Lamber the single best player in Survivor history. Just admit it, she is now officially the best of the best."
- The Chick
- Dark Horse Victory: Did anyone expect Amber of all people to win going into the season?
- A paragraph from Mario Lanza's Funny 115 says about this,
"By the way, nowadays Amber is mostly known as being Boston Rob's wife. She is also known as the winner of All-Star Survivor. She beat the All-Stars, she was the best of the best, and by definition that means she is now the single best player in the history of Survivor. Isn't that depressing? Little Lamber is officially the best player in the history of Survivor. And it's true. Oh my godddddd. It's soooooooo true."
- Diabolus Ex Machina: Subverted. The tribe switch should have been this for her but Boston Rob told Lex was going to take care of him if he saved her. Amber was built off of this to make the infamous deal that saved herself.
- Fanservice Pack/Hotter and Sexier: Amber became very beautiful this time around. She even won "Hottest Female Castaway" in America's Tribal Council.
- Irony: Compared to everyone else, Amber is easily the least memorable contestant before this season started. And she won.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: She was a part of the red Chapera tribe through all three of its iterations. Notable that by some impossible coincidence, she was the only one who didn't switch tribes when literally everyone else did.
- Ms. Fanservice
- My Greatest Second Chance: The UR Example. She was the first person ever to win Survivor on their second attempt.
- Official Couple: With Boston Rob.
- The Quiet One
- Romance on the Set: With Boston Rob. One of the more famous showmances in American television.
- Sole Survivor
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Because of her relationship with Boston Rob.
- Unexpected Character: See Irony and Dark Horse Victory.
- What Measure Is a Non-Badass?: Frequently used as an example of how one can be an undeserving Sole Survivor. This often ignores the fact that Boston Rob had poor management of the jury.
"Boston" Rob Mariano - Marquesas
- The Ace: He won four out of the seven individual immunity challenges during the merge, two rewards, and was basically the one who carried Chapera in challenges during the pre-merge. Plus he used his construction experience to help build the best shelter of all three tribes.
- Affably Evil
- Badass: Ruled the game both physically and Strategically.
- Bittersweet Ending: He lost the game, but won a wife.
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Breakout Character: While he is this in Marquesas, his performance this season is what elevated him as a Survivor legend.
- The Chessmaster
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Just ask Lex, Alicia, Tom, and Rob C.
- Crack Defeat: He lost due to Shii Ann liking Amber's game better than his.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Evil Genius / The Smart Guy
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Rob had one of the two least impressive resumes going in (he's one of the two, the other being Shii Ann, to have been eliminated before the jury stage on their previous season), and he ends up dominating almost everyone.
- Graceful Loser: Given that he married the winner, he probably didn't care that he lost anyway.
- Hard Work Hardly Works: As stated before He was the one who controlled the game. However, in his wake, he left three very angry people who voted against him at final tribal council.
- Honor Before Reason: Boston Rob didn't believe that he could win against Amber or Jenna and took Amber to the final two to honor his alliance with her.
- Iconic Outfit: His Nice Cap obviously, his black sleeveless shirt and the medallion that he always wears around his neck.
- I Lied: To anyone he made an alliance with and then back-stabbed. Most stinging example of this definitely goes to Lex.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk
- Love Makes You Evil: Kathy accused him of this.
- Manipulative Bastard: possibly reaching levels of the Magnificent Bastard.
- Mr. Fanservice
- My Greatest Second Chance: Doesn't win, but this season is regarded as Boston Rob's absolute best. Yes, even compared to Redemption Island.
- Nothing Personal: Breaking his deal with Lex, who took it quite the opposite.
- Official Couple: With Amber.
- One Rob Limit: Deals with this once again, this time with Rob Cesternino.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Boston Rob
- Poor Communication Kills: At Final Tribal Council, Rob was very poor giving his answers to the jury. This was especially true with Alicia(Who she had to ask for his answer again) and Big Tom(Who he accused of plotting against him).
- Romance on the Set: With Amber.
- The Runner Up Takes It All
- Self-Proclaimed Liar
- Sleeves Are for Wimps
- Smug Snake
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: This season, Boston Rob gave the cameras a lot more to work with, and this is obvious through the fact that he and Amber are without a doubt the stars of this season.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
- Took a Level in Badass: and how.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: His game showed no regard for anyone else aside from Amber.
- Trickster Archetype: Rob shows casual disregard for the rules, such as when he wanted to break open the box full of rice even though he was told that he had to wait until his tribe found all the keys first, and even insults the host by calling him a "pretty boy". On the other hand, his willingness to not stick to tried and true strategy is what helped him get to final two, and is a trademark of whatever show he goes on.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Towards Lex.
- Wacky Marriage Proposal: He proposed to her at the reunion before the votes are Read.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: To everyone but Amber.
Jenna Lewis - Borneo
Rupert Boneham - Pearl Islands
"Big" Tom Buchanan - Africa
Shii Ann Huang - Thailand
- All of the Other Reindeer: Post-merge.
- Ascended Fangirl: Actually uses the term "Pagonged" on-camera to describe what happened to Mogo-Mogo, and early on showed reluctance to vote out Richard Hatch "because he's the king" and it would be no fun to get rid of him early.
- Chinese Girl: The UR Example for Survivor.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Her immunity win when she was the only original Mogo-Mogo left.
- Dark Chick
- Foreshadowing: In her Final words, she warns the others about Amber and how she slips through the cracks.
- Graceful Loser: One of the only ones on the jury.
- Last of her Kind: The last Mogo-Mogo left.
- My Greatest Second Chance: Doesn't win, but has a much stronger season than she did on Thailand and even gets a car out of the whole thing. She also placed the highest of all the original Mogo-Mogo members, who all finished in the top three in their original seasons - two of which are past winners.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Subverted. Only she ever refers to herself by her nickname ("Shii-Devil").
- Plucky Girl
- Surrounded by Idiots: She becomes furious when she discovers that no one left is remotely interested in recruiting her for a Shocking Elimination.
- Tagalong Kid: To the Mogo-Mogo's. Ironically, she's the one who survives the longest.
- Take That: What she literally screamed this to the old Chapera tribe after her Crowning Moment of Awesome immunity win.
- Thanatos Gambit: Knowing she was on her way out at her last Tribal Council, she decided to try and stir things up a bit by declaring that her vote would be going to the player she thought was playing the strongest and would win the million if no one did anything about them. It went to Amber.
- Token Minority: She was the first Asian Castaway on the show and one of two overall at this point.
- The Unfavourite: The woman is treated like dirt the moment she's the only member of Mogo-Mogo left after the merge; while past seasons have had the dominant tribe at least pretend to put up with the tribe that would be gone soon, it's obvious to Shii-Ann that she is absolutely not welcome, which makes her Crowning Moment of Awesome above all the more satisfying (although even after she wins, they still don't even speak to her and act as though celebrating that she's won immunity is a bad thing and treat her as such.)
- WTH, Casting Agency?: Mark Burnett once called her "the worst casting mistake of all time" for All-Stars. In universe, this is acknowledge when she's referred to in the F7 Reward challenge as "the least deserving to be an All-Star".
Alicia Calaway - The Australian Outback
Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien - Marquesas
- The Cassandra: Sees exactly how the Chapera alliance is going to play out once she and Shii-Ann were gone and tries to get the people who were inevitably going to get voted out to do something about it. They didn't.
- Crazy-Prepared: Before All Stars started, Kathy went to a psychologist to have them analyze some of the personality profiles of people she thought might be picked for this season in order to determine which players would be easiest to manipulate, hardest to trust, best to form an alliance with, etc.
- Cool Old Lady
- Determinator: How she won the first individual immunity challenge.
- Graceful Loser: Zig-Zagged. She did voted for Boston Rob, who hurt her more. However, She liked him and disliked Amber for building on that final 6 deal Boston Rob offered to Lex.
- Irony: In her last voting confessional before being voted out, Kathy said that Amber had no chance of winning without changing her her game. Guess who won?
- The Lancer: To the Mogo-Mogo alliance.
- Lady Macbeth: Lex has repeatedly claimed over the years that getting rid of Jerri over Amber was really Kathy's idea.
- My Greatest Second Chance: Subverted. She was 3rd place in her original season.
- Never Mess with Granny: Won the first individual immunity challenge again. This particulary immunity challenge was very difficult. To specify, Kathy had to hold her breath to outlast all but one woman. Then Kathy and her opponent, who would be Amber, had to release 10 buoys underwater.
- Plucky Girl
- The Reason I'm So Disappointed In You Speech: To Rob.
- Take a Third Option: During a challenge which involves knocking your opponent off a balance beam, Kathy forgoes trying to fight Boston Rob and proceeds to just sit on the plank, thus lowering her center of gravity(though ultimately Rob is still able to push her off).
- Took a Level in Jerkass
Lex van den Berghe - Africa
Jerri Manthey - The Australian Outback
Ethan Zohn - Africa
Colby Donaldson - The Australian Outback
Susan Hawk - Borneo
Richard Hatch - Borneo
- Affably Evil
- Badass: He bit a shark in the face.
- Character Development
- The Chessmaster: Subverted in this season, where his strategy was basically to have no strategy.
- The Chew Toy: To the Mogo Mogos, but especially Lex and Colby.
- Cool Old Guy
- Evil Genius / The Smart Guy
- Flanderization: His nudism is shown on camera/brought by others far more than what was shown during Borneo, to the point where someone who only saw him during All Stars might think that he was just attention whoring. Also, his arrogance, all but completely justified in Borneo, reaches cartoonish levels this season. This is justified due to the fact that, without a doubt, he knew he had no chance of winning this season and was just along for the ride.
- Go Out with a Smile: In spades!
- I Let You Win
- Large Ham: "I'VE BEEN BAMBOOZLED!"
- Let's Get Dangerous: Boderline. He did virtually no strategizing for the first four episodes, but when Mogo Mogo lost the immunity challenge he knew they'd all be targeting him, so he started to go back to the strategizing game he played in Borneo.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Naked People Are Funny
- Name's the Same: With the Battlestar Galactica actor.
- Shocking Elimination: Just look at the man's reaction at the Large Ham section above!
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Surprisingly enough, he did this to Lex and Kathy at the reunion, pointing out in no uncertain terms the hypocrisy in Lex's argument.
- Smug Snake
- Straight Gay
- The Strategist
- Ted Baxter
- Teeny Weenie: According to the rest of Mogo Mogo.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: He has a playful bickering relationship with Sue until something unfortunate happens between them in Episode 5.
Rob Cesternino - The Amazon
Jenna Morasca - The Amazon
Rudy Boesch - Borneo
Tina Wesson - The Australian Outback