Characters: Shaman King Flowers
The Characters from Shaman King Flowers
. Further information on other characters can be read on the Shaman King
Asakura HanaYoh and Anna's
son. Already able to use an Oversoul, he's more powerful than Yoh was at his age, but dissatisfied with living in his father's shadow in the supposedly peaceful era after the Shaman Fight. His spirit is Amidamaru
- Anime Hair
- BFS: The offensive form of his oversoul.
- Blood Knight: His idea of a good time is picking a fight with a street gang. He loves to fight so much that when he died, he ended up in the Asura realm, the fighters' heaven.
- Buxom Is Better: His attitude. Naturally, his fiancÚ's flat as a board.
- Can't Catch Up: Some people say he's stronger than his father at his age. The thing is, Yoh has grow stronger. Hana couldn't even defeat a 16-year-old Yoh, which destroyed the little pride he had left
- Curtains Match The Windows
- Defence Mechanism Superpower: After a close encounter with death, Hana was given by Hao the same Oni Anna used to create; they will be released whenever Hana's life is in danger. Since this power is just a defense mechanism, using it intentionally would kill him.
- Delinquent Hair: Messy and blond.
- Disappeared Dad: Yoh.
- Dismotivation: Doesn't see how studying will help him become a better shaman.
- Friendless Background: His knowledge of the spirit world makes it hard for him to care about the things his classmates do.
- Gender-Blender Name: His name is a union of his parents' names but "Hana" normally is a female name.
- Generation Xerox: He's basically a 14 years old male Anna. Just replace Broken Bird with...
- Hair-Trigger Temper: The boy gets into unnecessary trouble because he can't control his temper. He weaponizes it when he uses his anger to forcefully summon the Oni that are only supposed to appear when his life is on the line.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: Wants to be a great fighter like those in the previous Shaman Fight. He's getting his wish. And happy about it too.
- Improvised Weapon: Wields a grave marker in place of a sword.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Many of his memories appear to have been erased by YVS.
- Luckily My Shield Will Protect Me: The defensive form of his oversoul.
- Missing Mom: Anna.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Supernatural Powers!: Won all his fights with Ryuji thanks to having Amidamaru, a legendary samurai, as a ghost partner. When Ryuji easily beat him without him, Hana understands how weak he is and how much he depended on him.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Many of his sentences have at least one swear word in them.
- Slasher Smile: When he's fighting.
- Spin-Offspring: Of Yoh and Anna.
- Strong Family Resemblance: To his mother, especially according to his uncle.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Via Demonic Possession.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Takes this attitude with respect to both his father and the branch house Asakuras.
- Trash Talk: Bursts out laughing and mocks Yohane's attempts to look cool.
- Unskilled, but Strong: His fight with the 16 years old version of Yoh shows that while he's indeed more powerful that his dad at his age, his lack of control, inner peace and experience can be his fatal flaw.
Hana's guardian. She's grown into essentially an older Anna
, while keeping Ponchi and Konchi
as her spirits.
- Break the Cutie: Side material reveals that Tamao suffered plenty doses of Break the Cutie: starting with the death of her mentor and then she was put in charge of Hana and the inn while in middle school. At high school, she broke down and became "Metal-Sword Tamao". Now older, she's more stable again.
- Delinquent: When she was younger, she alongside Ryu joined all the thugs in the city together in a whole gang with them as bosses. Also, she broke the law for wielding a real katana. Her delinquent name was "Metal-Sword Tamao".
- The Dreaded: Given by being Anna's substitute while she's away with Yoh. With just a smile filled with rage, Tamao can scare the crap out of her whole house; with a Death Glare, she can make Team YVS shiver.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Has Rapunzel Hair instead of her bob.
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: In the first chapter and in Funbari no Uta, Tamao is seeing wielding a butchering knife.
- Kimono Is Traditional: Since she's the manager of an inn and a traditional Japanese ballad's singer aspirant.
- Parental Substitute: She's been taking care of Hana and the inn since she was in her teens.
- Up to Eleven: She's taken on much of Anna's attitude so Hana will not miss her so much.
- She Is All Grown Up: The narration refers to her as a beauty.
- Statuesque Stunner
- Took a Level in Badass: Power-leveled in badass, more like.
- Tough Love: She uses an Oversoul to beat Hana into a pulp when he disobeys her.
A member of the Asakura branch house. Wants to kill Hana, a member of the main house. His spirit is the swordsman Oboro Daikyoh.
Yohane's spirit, a swordsman from a later period than Amidamaru.
Yohane's older sister and fellow member of the branch house. Her spirits are Shinden and Raiden, a pair of lion-dogs.
Hana's fiancÚ. A student of Anna
and the daughter of Silva
, whose spirits she inherited.
Ibuki's guardian ghost.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's nice, smart, and admires Alumi but she can "slice you in half" if you're her enemy. Or if you call her "babe".
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Ibuki. They argue a lot but Hana mistook their fight with flirting.
- Do Not Call Me Paul: When she's in her armor, she refuses to be named by her name but as "The Nama-Hage".
- Fangirl: Of Alumi. Also Tamao and Ryu, to a lesser degree.
- No Sell: Her special armor nullifies demonic energy, meaning that she's one of the few people that can stand against Hana's Superpowered Evil Side.
- Samus is a Girl: Insists that Ibuki uses the name Nama-Hage in battle so their opponents don't know she's a girl.
Tao MenRen and Iron Maiden Jeanne's
- Anime Hair: He manages to combine his dad's hairdo and his mom's wavy hair.
- Blade on a Stick: His primary weapon, like his father.
- Creepy Child: According to Yosuke, he's only 7. And in two chapters, he effortlessly whooped Team Niles's sons, Yohane, and Ibuki.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: When Team Niles' sons come to get Revenge by Proxy for Jeanne killing their fathers, Men apologizes on her behalf. Also, he wants to save his mother enough to participate in the F.O.M in Hao's team. He's also enraged when the Black Maiden confronts him, since she killed Jeanne and turned her into an oversoul. He also can't bring himself to risk hurting her as a result, and is quickly defeated.
- Feel No Pain: Like his mother, Men can take large amounts of pain with a smile.
- Freudian Excuse: Something must have happened to Jeanne for why Men wants to kill Hana for him being too weak. From what can be gleamed from chapter 22 she was killed and turned into an oversoul for the Black Maiden.
- Knight Templar Parent: He's annoyed that Len contracted a whole army of bodyguards just to take him to Funbari ga Oka when he can defend himself capably.
- The Lancer: Each team in the Flower of Maize has five members. Right now, for Team Hao we have Hana, Ibuki and Yohane. Since most lancers start out trying to kill the main protagonist, (like father, like son), Men might end up in this role.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: And unlike his mother, he plays it straight.
- Rule of Three: His personal policy is to give his opponents three opportunities to surrender or relinquish a fight. If continually rebuffed after those three attempts, he's not holding back.
- Spin Off Spring: Of Ren. And, to all the readers' surprise, of Jeanne as well.
- Spoiled Brat
- Strong Family Resemblance: He looks like a younger version of his father, but with the hair and eye color of his mother.
- Thou Shall Not Kill: Turns out that his parents give him a "don't kill people" rule. He forgets it when he is confronted by the Black Maiden, the girl who killed his mother and turned her into an oversoul.
- White Hair, Black Heart
- The Worf Effect: When confronted with the girl who killed his mother, the Black Maiden, he's on the receiving end of a Curb-Stomp Battle by her (AKA, getting impaled into a pool of blood, and with the revelation that she's on YVS's side, it says a LOT more about how powerful these guys are on so many levels.
- You Killed My Father: Black Maiden killed Jeanne for the purpose of using her as her guardian ghost. Men's response to seeing her, despite having just proclaimed that his parents forbade him to kill people, is to draw his weapon and immediately take a lethal shot at her.
- Younger Than They Look: He's drawn to look about the same age as Hana, Yohane, and Ibuki. He's actually seven-years-old.
Leader of Team YVS, having the previous Shaman Fight winner, YVS, as his spirit partner.
- A God I Am: Aside from having an ex-god as his spirit partner, he believes that money controls everything, from your life to others'. He's also planning to surpass the current god, Hao.
- Cast From Money: His cards enable him to use various abilities, ranging from X-Ray scanning to summoning a giant obelisk, but require him to insert money or I.O.U.s into Yahabe, the pyramid that draws power from YVS.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Yosuke is a CEO that believes firmly that money makes the world go around. So while he has money, he has power, and if he has power, he can have more money.
- The Dragon: number one associate and aide to YVS, and Team Leader of Team YVS.
- Death Dealer: He manifests YVS' power via cards. Even so, every card, depending on the power (stopping time, resurrection, etc.) is worth quite a lot of money.
- Ditto Fighter: one of YVS' cards. He uses it to copy Yoh's Byakko O.S..
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Used to be penniless, now he's an evil billionaire.
- Interrupted Suicide: Yosuke met YVS when he was about to commit suicide.
- Man of Wealth and Taste
- Perpetual Smiler: And it makes you shiver.
- Person of Mass Destruction: He, alongside YVS, destroyed The Patch village.
- Psychopathic Manchild: You can clearly see that Yosuke consideres everything to be a mere game, now that he has YVS' power, as he behaves like a mean and spoiled child showing up his brand new toys, while beating Hana. Later, it's revealed that he's actually 13 years old, which justifies more his attitue.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: A given since YVS is the god that created the capitalism system. It's then revealed that he's not a born shaman, nor he even has his spiritual potential awaken, but thanks to YVS' power only needing money, he just bought the power to see spirits.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Supernatural Powers!: It's hinted that Yosuke was poor before and meeting YVS was what made him so damn rich.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Always in a white suit.
- The Reveal: Is revealed in chapter 24 to be responsible for Yoh, Hana, And Anna's deaths alongside YVS.
- Younger Than He Looks: Would you believe that Yosuke is actually 13 years old by just looking at him? This is because of all of the "Time Stop" cards he's been using, causing him to age physically faster than others.
YVS (alternatively known as Fura Yabisu)
The 7th and previous Shaman King, and serves as the seemingly main antagonist in the series.
- A God Am I: Was the 7th Shaman King, so naturally he must be incredibly powerful.
- Big Bad: Seems to serve as the main villain currently.
- Mind Wipe: One of his powers, manifested in his Erase the Memory card.
- Our Gods Are Different: even in his true form, he appears quite different and strange from the other, more human looking Kings.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Was responsible for creating the capitalist society that is present in the world, and also manifests his powers in the forms of cards for Yosuke to use, with them ranging from cheap to incredibly expensive. It can be assumed he shares a similar attitude to his associate.
- Telepathy: one of his powers manifested in his Read the Mind 10 card.