Characters: Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
This is the character page for Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
. Needs Wiki Magic Love
open/close all folders
Argos Test Flight
A flight of test pilots
assigned to the XFJ project, a joint US-Japan program to improve the performance of the Type-94 Shiranui. Ironically, only Yuuya has an actual test-pilot background; the other three pilots are combat veterans, and none of them are Japanese. The flight itself is commanded by First Lieutenant Ibrahim Dogulu of the UN Army, while XFJ plan's project manager is First Lieutenant Yui Takamura of the Japanese Imperial Royal Guard.
Voiced by: Daisuke Ono
(Japanese), Corey Hartzog (English)
An excellent US Army Japanese-American test pilot sent to the Yukon Base in Alaska to become the chief development TSF
pilot of the XFJ Plan. He holds anti-Japanese sentiments born from his childhood experiences.
- Ace Pilot: He's a very talented pilot, and has a knack for understanding the TSFs he flies, but prior to the story he has no real combat experience with the BETA. Of course, that all changes in episode 9.
- Bad Ass: His skills can give our resident Storm Vanguard (No prizes for guessing who that is) a run for his money. Hell, anyone who can take on Lt. Yui Takamura in close quarters combat & win is a badass.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Yui.
- Character Development: Grows from being whiny, bratty & selfish test pilot into a mature & downright dangerous Eishi.
- Chick Magnet: Yuuya has a talent for attracting girls. Yui, Cui, Cryska and Inia are definitely attracted, while Tarisa is hinted to be interested.
- Deep South: Where he grew up. It explains a few things.
- Determinator: Seen when the BETA invade Kamchatka base, his Shiranui Second is heavily damaged by the BETA. Although every single thing that could go wrong goes wrong, Yuuya keeps on fighting. Its one of the characteristics that Yui admires about him.
- Expy: Of Maverick and Isamu Dyson, down to being called Top Gun (he did a tour at the actual TOPGUN, which is now a joint forces school) and later test-piloting an Ace Custom prototype. His own Goose shows up too.
- Freudian Excuse: See Parental Abandonment below. Learning that his mother never blamed his father for leaving, he swore to surpass him. And growing up being picked upon due to his half-Japanese parentage did not help.
- Half-Breed Discrimination: Suffered this as a kid. Growing up in the Deep South didn't help matters.
- In-Series Nickname: "Top Gun," however it doesn't stick for too long.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's a jerk who initially despises all things Japanese, and has a major chip on his shoulder. But Yuuya is also a decent guy who does try to do the right thing.
- Lightning Bruiser: The Shiranui Second; the main TSF being developed by the XFJ Project. Fast & capable in all-range combat with guns and blades, with specialisation in CQB. Yuuya is it's main test pilot.
- Long-Lost Relative: Yuuya Bridges, Yui Takamura is your younger half-sister. Not that he learns, though.
- Multi-Melee Master: The Shiranui Second carries a Type-74 PB Blade, a sword like weapon, and a pair of combat knives. Yuuya has adequate skills to make use of both of these melee weapons.
- The Nicknamer: Even on his first day as part of Project PROMINENCE. Vincent remarks that this seems to be a habit with him.
- New Meat: Started out a bit clueless about how things go down in the real world, since he had no combat experience at all.
- Oblivious to Love: Even if he isn't as dense as other characters with this label, he's a bit slow in picking up on how he affects the female Eishi around him.
- Took a Level in Badass: He started the Kamchatka arc as a skilled but self-centred pilot who had zero combat time. By the time the arc is over, he's not only matured on the personal level, but he acquits himself well when fighting BETA for real in close quarters, earning a modicum of respect from the rightly resentful members of the battle-hardened Zhar Battalion.
- Tsundere: Towards Yui.
- Parental Abandonment: His father left their family and went back to Japan, and later his mother died of an illness. His father was revealed to be Masatada Takamura, a high-ranking Imperial Royal Guard and specialist in R&D, the designer of the Type-82 Zuikaku, who was forced to come back to Japan without knowing Mira Bridges, Yuuya's mother, was pregnant; that is, he's Yui's elder half-brother. It's eventually revealed that he was killed by the G-bomb detonation during the Yokohama Hive operation. The pregnant Mira, fearing she and their child will be used as political leverage against Masatada, chose to leave the latter and go into hiding on her own will.
- Reassigned To Yukon: Comes with being an Expy. While Project PROMINENCE isn't a crap posting, it's also being done as punishment, because nobody else at Area 51 will ever fly with him again. Subverted; the Boening head engineer assigned to the XFJ Project, who worked with his mother in the past, specifically asked for him, with a promotion waiting for him at project completion.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Very much so. It's especially apparent in the flashbacks with his mother.
Nepali Army Second Lieutenant participating in the XFJ Plan as a TSF
pilot. Her ethnic background as a Ghurka is well known for its bravery and fighting spirit. This nature is also reflected in hwe TSF piloting by a preference for melee combat.
pilot and a member of Argos Test Flight. Known as a pervert by his teammates. Usually seen as an easygoing man, Valerio has an immense hatred towards the BETA for destroying his country and killing his friends and family.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Dark and Troubled Past: VG's family and friends were killed by the BETA, and his last surviving relative is a TSF pilot who's often sent on dangerous missions.
- Handsome Lech: VG really likes the ladies. This does him no favors in the VN, where the Defense Intelligence Agency officers investigating the Red Shift Incident suspect him of being an RLF sympathiser, since he was sleeping with Natalie, though they eventually clear him.
- In-Series Nickname: "Macaroni", given by Yuuya.
- Shipper on Deck: Often ships Yui and Yuuya.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Indeed he is.
Voiced by: Sayaka Ohara
(Japanese), Allison Sumrall (English)
pilot and a member of Argos Test Flight. An excellent sharpshooter with a sexy body.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Cool Big Sis: Serves as this to Tarisa.
- Friendly Sniper: Her sniping skills are top-notch, leading to her being picked as a test pilot.
- In-Series Nickname: Venus, given to her by Yuuya. VG was going to go with 'Giant Tits', which was also Yuuya's first choice, til Yuuya stopped him.
- Gag Boobs: Yes, she has a very large rack. See above.
- Shipper on Deck: As with the rest of Argos Flight, she ships Yui and Yuuya. Unlike the rest of them, her advice to Yui is generally useful.
A Turkish First Lieutenant, formerly of the 94th Tactical Armor Battalion "Cobra", now commanding Project PROMINENCE's Argos Test Flight. Lost many subordinates on the European front, making his first priority the safety of his pilots. A well known pilot among Middle Eastern refugees and pilots alike for his achievements, and his defiance of orders to protect refugees.
- Ace Pilot: It's a given; TSFIA #13 shows that he was very much a Bad Ass.
- Bad Ass: There are mentions of this, prior to the series, but the RLF arc shows that Ibrahim's no slouch on the ground; the man could give Solid Snake or Sam Fisher a run for their money.
- The Captain: Was formerly a Captain in the Turkish Army.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Towards Argos Flight. If they need him, he'll have their back.
- Red Baron: Earned the title of "The Hero of Rhodes" due to his actions during the Battle of Rhodes.
- Only Sane Man: Feels this way at times.
Voiced by: Mai Nakahara
(Japanese), Krystal LaPorte (English)
Eishi of the Imperial Royal Guard
. As the daughter of a legendary engineer involved in the development of the Tactical Surface Fighter
she has a strict character. Dispatched to Yukon Base as the project manager of the XFJ Plan.
- The Ace
- Ace Pilot
- Bad Ass: Graduated from just another school girl/grunt soldier stuck in a big war into an Eishi worthy enough to pilot a Takemikazuchi, not just Project Manager of the XFJ project.
- Brother-Sister Incest: Finding out that Yuuya is her half-brother doesn't exactly kill her affection for him.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Towards Yuuya
- Dark and Troubled Past: Loses all her friends from cadet school during the Fall of Kyoto. Furthermore, she has lost many comrades to the BETA, including her mentor.
- Defeat Means Friendship: More like Defeat Means Love towards Yuuya.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She begins Total Eclipse as a cold bitchy hardass, but softens considerably over the course of the story.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Argos Flight's Bridge Bunnies are totally into Yui.
- Expy: Her backstory as told in the first two episodes of Total Eclipse closely parallels that of Marimo, as told in Alternative and Atonement With the Long-Lost Relative reveal, also of Leia Organa.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Scored major points with Yuuya by making nikujaga, a traditional Japanese stew, that his mom also made. It's also his favorite dish.
- Lightning Bruiser: The Type-00F Takemikazuchi, an Ace Custom exclusively available to the Imperial Guard. Has guns for ranged combat, swords and daggers for melee, with enhanced thrusters, agility and maneuverability allowing her to dance around any opponent.
- Long-Lost Relative: Yui Takamura, Yuuya Bridges is your elder half-brother.
- Multi-Melee Master: The Takemikazuchi is armed with a Type-74 PB Blade, retractable daggers within the unit's forearms, and hardened fingers for unarmed combat.
- Nerves of Steel: Developed this after losing so many comrades and friends to the BETA.
- The Ojou: Hails from a noble-born samurai family.
- One Woman Army: Singlehandedly takes out three of the four members of the Argos Test Flight in Episode 5 of the anime.
- Purple Eyes: Of the noble kind.
- Say My Name: During the Kamchatka arc. After mercy killing Corporal Yamamoto to cut short his suffering, she is out of ammo, is injured by debris so she can't climb up and lure the BETA into destroy the vital parts of the top-secret Japanese EML-99X Electromagnetic Induction Launcher to prevent it from being stolen by the Soviets. Bleeding and surrounded by BETA, her life flashes before her eyes, but then her final thoughts drift to Yuuya. She then calls his given name out for the first (and what she believes is the last) time. Cue Yuuya in his TSF, arriving just in time.
- Sole Survivor: She's the only member of her training unit to survive the Fall of Kyoto, capital of Imperial Japan; where she lost her teacher and all her school friends.
- Tsundere: Towards Yuuya.
Lida Canales, Phoebe Theodorakis, & Niram Rawamunando
Ayami (Lida), Natsumi Takamori (Phoebe), Yōko Hikasa
(Niram) (Japanese), Juliet Simmons (Lida) (English)
The bridge operators of Argos Test Flight.
A top mechanic, Vincent was sent to Yukon Base in Alaska along with Yuuya for the XFJ Plan. He is Yuuya's first friend and understands him very well.
Idar Test Flight
A flight of Russian test pilots assigned to test the Su-37UB Terminator piloted by the Scarlet Twins. The other three pilots of the flight operate Su-37M2 Terminators so that they can keep up with the twins' Su-37UB, however they usually refrain from engaging in combat so that data can be gathered on the twins and their machine. The flight is commanded by First Lieutenant Jerzy Sandek of the UN Army.
A pilot belonging to the Soviet Union's experimental Idar Test Flight. Along with Inia Sestina, known as the Scarlet Twins. Cryska possesses overwhelming combat ability. She typically has a cold attitude, but shows glimpses of love and affection concerning Inia.
- Bad Ass: Yuuya & Yui aside, she & Inia can probably wipe the floor with Argos Flight, as seen in the Action Prologue in the Visual Novel & Manga version of Total Eclipse, implying that their Psychic Powers went out of control, going berserk & trying to kill their former friends/colleagues.
- Proven to be the case as they manage to solo almost 1/4 of the BETA battalion attacking the Kamchatka base.
- Big Sister Instinct: Very protective of Inia.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Has her moments With Yuuya
- Killed Off for Real:Those tanks of blue fluid you see her in at times? As an Alternative-III esper she needs to spend time there every few days, else she dies. And she does, after getting rescued from an impending Soviet execution.
- Lightning Bruiser: The two-seater Su-37UB Terminator. Capable of all-range combat but especially deadly in CQC thanks to being armed with Blade Motors on its arms, capable of ripping through BETA & TS Fs with ease.
- My God, What Have I Done?:in the anime version were she is afraid she killed Yuuya after she and Inia lost control impales His TSF
- One Woman Army: Technically, Two Woman Army with Inia. It is shown that Cryska can perform quite well on her own, she takes on a few RLF captured F-16s in an unarmed F-15E.
- Psychic Powers
- Purple Eyes: Hinting her psychic powers.
Along with Cryska Barchenowa, Inia is one of the feared "Scarlet Twins" of the Soviet force's Idar Test Flight. Piloting the twin seater type TSF
with Cryska their ability overwhelms the pilots of other countries, but she remains immature in appearance and behavior.
Commander of Idar Test Flight. A Polish officer in the Soviet Military, assigned to Project PROMINENCE.
- Ace Pilot: He's actually a pretty good pilot, and was an instructor; among other people, the Su-47E Berkut's test pilot was one of his students.
- Bad Ass: He gives a very good accounting of himself during the RLF's attack on foot and inside a damaged F-15E Strike Eagle.
- Consummate Liar: In Episode 21, he manages to convince Yui that the US is behind the RLF attack. Later, in episode 24, he convinces Yuuya that Inia and Cryska have been brainwashed by the CIA, and that Yuuya can save them - when he fully expects Yuuya to die.
- The Chessmaster: Organizes the Polnoye Zatmeniyenote Plan.
- Hidden Depths: Implied in TSFIA #30, he has a cold reaction when the Su-47E test pilot (his former student) refers to the Scarlet Twins as "dolls."
- Also, Sandek presents himself as your run-of-the-mill Soviet officer, but he's a master manipulator, and was one of the researchers involved in the Soviet Esper program (of which Cryska and Inia are but two examples).
- Karma Houdini: Despite being complicit in the Soviet plan to steal the EML-99X Electromagnetic Induction Launcher, suggesting the forced martyring of the Zhar Battalion, and tricking Yuuya into thinking he can save the Scarlet Twins from their berserker mode though it's likely he'll be killed, he received no blowback whatsoever in-story and most of the main characters are all none the wiser that he's been manipulating them. Which only adds to his credentials.
- Majorly Awesome: TSFIA #30 reveals that in the Soviet military, he holds the rank of Major, though he's a 1st Lieutenant in the UN Forces.
Other Idar Test Flight Pilots
The other three TSF
pilots of the Idar Test Flight who support the Scarlet Twins and pilot Su-37M2 Terminators.
Bao-Feng Test Flight
A flight of Chinese test pilots who operate and test the J-10X in an attempt to improve Chinese TSF
technology. The flight is commanded by Captain Wu of the UN Army.
Leader of the Chinese's Bao-Feng Test Flight. After being defeated by Yuuya and the Argos Test Flight, she becomes the self-proclaimed wife of Yuuya (to the dismay of Yui).
- Ace Pilot
- Blood Knight: Doesn't care much about winning the Blue Flag exercises, she only wants to fight skilled pilots.
- Chinese Girl
- Chinese with Chopper Support: Leader of the Chinese Army's Bao-Feng Test Flight. Ironically, she is from Taiwan.
- Taiwan and the People's Republic of China in this universe have formed an unified front against BETA; the latter in particular is on the verge of being driven off the Mainland completely, with its central government having to be evacuated to Taiwan.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Violently so
- Cool Big Sis: The rest of her flight think of her as this.
- Defeat Equals Friendship: As with Yui, more like Defeat Equals Love. Shows a MUCH stronger interest in Yuuya after he defeats her in the Blue Flag exercises.
- Gratuitous Chinese: "Zai jian!" ("Bye bye!" in Mandarin)
- Lightning Bruiser: The J-10X.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Appears to be this with Tarisa.
Other Bao-Feng Test Flight Members (Wang Shaofeng, Lou Yahua, and Lee Linmei)
Voiced by: Megumi Han
(Wang), Marie Miyake (Lou), Chinatsu Akasaki (Lee) (Japanese)
The three female TSF
pilots of the Bao-Feng Test Flight. The three are almost always seen together.
A flight of American test pilots, operating and testing the F-22A Raptor EMD Phase 2
. The flight is commanded by First Lieutenant Keith Blazer of the US Army. Aside from being sent to Yukon Base to show off America's advanced third generation TSF, the F-22, the flight is sent by the US forces to conduct a secret operation during the RLF attack (which was expected by the Americans). They attacked Soviet G-element research facilities in the midst of the chaos to prevent the Soviets from gaining the upper hand over America.
pilot for the Infinities squadron. Currently in a relationship with Leon, she was also Yuuya's previous girlfriend. In spite of Leon's hatred of Yuuya, she and Yuuya are on amicable terms, and she seems proud of his character development.
pilot, Leon is also Japanese-American like Yuuya, but revels in his heritage. Has a huge dislike for Yuuya.
- Ace Pilot: A test pilot for the F-22A Raptor EMD Phase 2.
- Battle Couple: With Sharon.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Implied, he was shown to be friendly to Yuuya when they first met. Volunteering to be the XFJ test pilot and getting refused probably didn't help matters.
- Lightning Bruiser: The F-22A Raptor, which excels at high speed hit and run attacks, accurate fire, and superior stealth.
- Second Love: Sharon's second love interest.
- The Rival: To Yuuya.
Voiced by: Ryota Takeuchi (Japanese)
pilot. Has good relations to Leon and ostensibly joined The Infinities after Yuuya left for Yukon.
Voiced by: Madoka Shiga (Japanese)
The former Flight Leader of Ghost Flight, the previous assignment of Yuuya, Leon, and Sharon, for the Raptor EMD 2 tests. He died in a accident during flight tests before the series began. His accidental death is the final straw in driving the rift between Yuuya and Leon.
Other Yukon Base Test Flights/Personnel
A French waitress, she is seen in episode 5 and is ostensibly in good relationship with Tarisa.
- Conflicting Loyalty: Her friendship to Tarisa and her goals as a member of the RLF.
- Dark and Troubled Past/Troubled Fetal Position: A flashback in episode 18 reveals a disturbing glimpse of a dirty and emaciated young Natalie huddled next to a decaying corpse. This all while she's talking about how being alive is the most important thing anyone has. This experience is probably the reason she joined the RLF.
- Gag Boobs
- Innocent Fanservice Girl
- Killed Off for Real: Is killed by a RLF member when she tries to reveal the RLF's plans to Yuuya and Tarisa.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Duclert or Duclerq? Or possibly Duclerque?
- The Mole: A sleeper agent for the RLF.
Voiced by: Katsumi Chou (Japanese)
A Soviet officer, with the rank of Lt. Colonel in the UN forces. He was in charge of the Russian ploy to capture the EML-99X Electromagnetic Induction Launcher
Voiced by: Take Tora (Japanese)
A boisterous United Nations officer of Project PROMINENCE that is focused on propaganda efforts. He is apparently the ranking officer among the much more serious Test Flight Commanders, giving him the authority to ensure the personnel morale and public perception of the project is positive
Japanese Imperial Forces
Yui's uncle. He is a Lt. Colonel in the Imperial Japanese Army and a former TSF
pilot. He is also involved with the XFJ Project, and is the vice-director of the Imperial Japanese Army's Weapons Technology Development.
- Ace Pilot: Test pilot for the Type-82 Zuikaku, has combat time (and the scars to prove it), and actually survived long enough to be promoted to a desk job.
- Bad Ass: TSFIA #2 reveals that he and another subordinate defeated two American F-15C Eagles (which were claimed to be the greatest TSF in the world at the time) with inferior Type-82C Zuikakus during a Japan-US joint military exercise.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Unlike most Imperial Japanese personnel, he's quite reasonable, isn't infused with YAMATO DAMASHII, and was pushing for XFJ to be a joint Japanese-American project because he knew Japan couldn't make it on her own.
- Shipper on Deck: He was quite pleased to find out that Yui had fallen for a young man (Yuuya).
- Weak, but Skilled: Using an outdated Type-82 Zuikakunote , he managed to defeat two F-15C Eagles in a training exercise.
A friend of Yui in the past, and a cadet Imperial Royal Guard TSF
pilot, she along with Yui and other friends were sent with TSFs to defend Kyoto. She was latter Eaten Alive by BETA.
One of Yui's friends in High School and a cadet Imperial Royal Guard TSF pilot. While she survived the "Eight Minutes of Death" in the Battle of Kyoto, her TSF was shot down, killing her instantly.
Another of Yui's Imperial Royal Guard cadet friends, her boyfriend was killed in the earlier stages of the war. Due to this, she was somewhat mentally unstable in the fight for Kyoto. She was latter killed when the BETA invaded her cockpit.
Another of Yui's highschool friends, she and her friends defended Kyoto, taking down several BETA units before being killed by a Laser-class BETA
Yui's instructor in Imperial Royal Guard cadet school. He also serves as a TSF
pilot for the Japanese Imperial Army. Holds the rank of Captain when he returns to the battlefield.
- Badass Teacher: Yui's instructor and pilot of a Shiranui Type-1C, a machine given only to elite pilots.
- Killed Off for Real: Dies by holding off the BETA so Yui and the remaining pilots of her squad could escape.
- More Dakka: His Shiranui Type-1C is equipped as a Gun Sweeper, a unit that has four assault cannons/rifles.
- You Shall Not Pass: Attempts to hold off the BETA in his damaged Shiranui Type-1C so Yui's squad could escape.
- We Hardly Knew Ye
Refuge Liberation Front
A terrorist group which fights for equality and liberation. The group advocates for better conditions for refugees fleeing from the BETA. On September 21st, 2001, the RLF attack and take over Yukon Base, killing hundreds of people and destroying dozens of TSFs. Moreover, the group is infiltrated by members of "Allegiance," a radical religious group that believes that the BETA are servants of God. The take over is eventually foiled by the combined forces of Project PROMINENCE test pilots, Soviet Spetsnaz and American Delta Force operators.
A Turkish refuge and member of the RLF. She appears to be in command of the RLF attack on Yukon Base. Mariem goes by the codename of "Valentine."
- I Owe You My Life: To Ibrahim Dogulu who saved her life.
- Killed Off for Real: Killed by "Allegiance" members when she realizes that the RLF was used and attempted to surrender.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Realises that she's getting way over her head and attempts to surrender to prevent further tragedy. Except that Allegiance won't let her surrender.
- Mission Control: Spends most of her time overseeing the RLF operations in Yukon Base.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Her reaction to learning that releasing the BETA test specimens will trigger Red Shift.
- Unwitting Pawn: Mariem and the RLF are used as pawns by Allegiance to capture Yukon Base and release the BETA.
Voiced by: Ayane Sakura (Japanese)
A Turkish refuge and TSF
pilot of the RLF. Sister to Mariem.
- Killed Off for Real: Killed off when her squad is routed by the combined forces of Argos Test Flight, Bao-Feng Test Flight's Cui Yifei, and Idar Test Flight's Scarlet Twins.
- Suicide Attack: She charges alongside her unmanned F-16s in an attempt to take out the TSFs of the Argos Test Flight and company via suicide attacks. After her F-16 is downed by Yifei's F-15E, she attempts to take out Yifei with a suicide attack when Yifei retrieves the F-16's assault cannon. However, Yifei survives the attack with minor injuries.
A mercenary TSF
pilot working for the RLF. He pilots the Russian Su-47E Berkut after the RLF capture it. He's actually a mercenary for "Allegiance," a radical religious group who believes the BETA are God's servants.
- Ace Pilot: He's able to push Yuuya back in close quarters combat.
- Ascended Extra: In the light novel series he was a minor villain that piloted a MiG-29OVT Fulcrum and did not play any role in causing the Scarlet Twins to go berserk, and was finished off easily by Sandek on foot, after Yuuya defeated him. Here, he's essentially The Dragon.
- Ax-Crazy: Attempts to activate the "Red Shift" by freeing the BETA that the Americans were researching on, the freed BETA go on a rampage and kill hundreds of people. Furthermore, if the Red Shift activates it would kill millions of people aside from making America, the world's number one supplier of food and weapons, a front line country in the war against the BETA. He does this all while trying to kill the members of the Argos Test Flight.
- Blood Knight: TSFiIA #35 shows that his life revolves around battles due to his occupation as a mercenary. Frankly, he enjoys his job very much. Moreover, he appears to be very enthusiastic about facing off against the test pilots of Yukon Base.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- The Dragon: To the "Master."
- Dragon with an Agenda: He doesn't really care about the RLF or Allegiance, he only wants to accomplish his own goals.
- Hired Guns: TSFIA #35 reveals that he is a mercenary.
- Killed Off for Real: Killed when the Scarlet Twins crush his TSF's cockpit after the twins take control of the Su-47E Berkut and eject his cockpit from the the unit.
- Lightning Bruiser: The Su-47E Berkut.
- Majorly Awesome
A young red haired man who appears to be behind the RLF's attack on Yukon Base. It is heavily implied that he is part of "Allegiance," a radical religious group that believes the BETA are servants of God. In episode 24 of the anime, it is revealed that his true goal behind the attack on Yukon Base is to activate the "Red Shift", an anti-BETA defense system the Americans have secretly created in Alaska. The activation of the device would make America, humanity's number one supplier of food and weapons, into a frontline nation in the war against the BETA. This event would probably be a decisive blow for humanity in the war against the BETA.
- Big Bad: Of Total Eclipse.
- The Chessmaster
- No Name Given: Referred to as the "Master."
- The Unfought: He gets away with the RLF attack on Yukon Base without the UN forces finding out his identity or even finding out that he was behind the attack. Furthermore, he appears to have other plans that are heavily suggested to be based in Japan... specifically, Yokohama, home of Task Force A-01.