This page is a work in progress. Feel free to add to it.
open/close all folders
The protagonists of the fanfic, The Chosen Ones
selected by The Mother and the Unown
to combat the forces of darkness. Some protagonists later join the Chosen, although they were not selected originally. However, only the original Chosen, with a couple of exceptions, are listed in this folder.
The main protagonist. The story begins just after her home was destroyed and her loved ones were killed by the Ghost King after she rejects his affections. Forced to look for Ash Ketchum to prevent the Ghost King from killing him, Latias goes on a wayward journey that somehow leads to the ultimate battle between good and evil.
- Break the Cutie: The entire story is laden with this, though the final arc takes this to its logical extreme when Dark Latios turns her into an emotionless killing machine via physical and Mind Rape.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Unless you're an Invincible Villain, do not make Latias mad. Destruction will ensue.
- Berserk Button: Latias goes on an insane rampage after Dark Latios destroys the necklace given to her by her brother.
- The Chosen One: Shared with about forty other characters.
- Contemplate Our Navels: Latias spends three chapters doing this in the last chapters of the story.
- Cute Bruiser
- Doomed Hometown: Thanks to the Ghost King (and Kyogre).
- Fate Worse Than Death: During the final battle, she is thrown into a never ending cycle of pain and lust by Dark Latios to perform his Not Safe for Work fantasies on her and turning her into a zombie.
- Healing Factor: Gets this during the final arc — it gets to the point where when she's blinded, she just rips out her motherfucking eyes because it's faster to just grow a new pair than to bother clearing her vision.
- Heroic BSOD: Occurs several times.
- Insane Forgiveness: Eventually forgives the Ghost King for destroying Alto Mare. And then marries him. A common complaint is that her forgiveness was a little TOO insane.
- Interspecies Romance: Discussed and deconstructed: She eventually does get over her crush on Ash, and ends up with Rayquaza.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Latias gains this numerous times in the story, usually in moments of a character's death or an extreme emotional moment, such as when Pidgeot dies and Latias uses a Psychic attack to vapourise an army of bird Pokemon.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Latias is a legendary dragon Pokemon that can talk and shapeshift.
- Parental Abandonment: Her father Lord Ho-oh left the family, and her evil mother was imprisoned beneath Alto Mare.
- Psychic Powers: Along with her standard Psychic Pokemon moves, and being able to disguise herself as Bianca, Latias's telepathy allows Ash to understand and converse with his Pokémon.
- Reincarnation Romance: Her and Rayquaza.
- Shape Shifter: Can transform into her friend Bianca to disguise herself.
- The Voiceless: Played with. Latias can Pokémon Speak just fine, and later learns how to put up a psychic translation net for her friends, but her human disguise is mute. She has to carry around a notepad to scribble messages in when she has to communicate with humans who aren't in on her translation net.
- Why Can't I Hate You?: Often wonders why she occasionally finds the Ghost King attractive after all he's done.
Main protagonist of the television series, and a major protagonist of the story. Originally one of two humans picked as the Chosen Ones alongside Molly, Ash teams up with Pikachu, Latias, Bayleef, Charizard and Corphish to head for Evergrande City for the battle between good and evil. He is later turned into the evil Alpha Ranger by Mr. Ford's Project Hero. Thankfully, Mewtwo manages to save his soul, and he becomes the Crimson Lightning Ranger after a new body is generated for him.
- Characterization Marches On: Ash's time as a trainer has turned him into an intelligent, mature adult who now claims he enjoys travelling and friendship more than wishing to become a Pokemon Master. Oh, and he's dating Misty.
- Chick Magnet: Misty, May, Bayleef and Latias all had crushes on him. Misty became his girlfriend, whilst May was gently let down by Ash. Not to mention what Molly does to him.
- Evil Costume Switch: As the Alpha Ranger
- Groin Attack: As the Alpha Ranger, he cuts off Brock's genitals and shoves them into his mouth.
- The Hero
- Idiot Hero: Though not as much as canon.
- Insane Forgiveness: Forgives the Red Ranger after he is resurrected.
- Lethal Chef: So much so that he lit water on fire. Not boiled it all away, actually set it on fire.
- Must Not Die a Virgin: Ash gets it on with Misty in the final arc.
- Out of Body Experience: When his soul is saved by Mewtwo from Alpha Ranger's body.
- Parental Abandonment: Despises his father for ditching his mother before he was born. At the very end of the book, he finds out his father is freaking Zorro. Turns out someone spiked the punch at a fundraiser, they did a few things they might not have otherwise (Delia specifically did several), and neither one remembered anything the next morning.
The clone of Mew and one of the strongest Pokemon in existence. After the events in the movies, he goes on a journey to find himself
and decides to protect Earth. He becomes Deoxys' rival and falls in love with a deformed Gardevoir. He later becomes Latias' mentor and helps her master her unused psychic powers. The Unown choose him as the leader of the Chosen. He does a lot.
The Ghost King/Rayquaza
The king of ghosts and and dragons, and one of the story's Power Trio along with Groudon and Kyogre
. Having watched and grown to love Latias from afar, he tried to gain her affections but she rejected them. In return he destroyed Alto Mare and killed everyone she loved. He learns Ash his Latias' love interest and plots to kill him, although he later changes his mind despite making an unbreakable vow to do so. Trapped in the Mist Realm for generations with no physical form, he regains his body courtesy of Registeel
, and heads off to aid the Chosen in battling Deoxys. It is later revealed that Rayquaza is the Ghost King, and he and Latias are century-old lovers, having survived the destruction of the previous universe.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Was introduced before Pokemon Destiny Deoxys.
- Heel-Face Turn: He regrets his actions after he destroyed Alto Mare and repeatedly begs Latias for forgiveness.
- Heroic Sacrifice: In the first ending, Rayquaza gives up his life to restore Latias'.
- Karma Houdini: Even after destroying Alto Mare and threatening to kill Ash, Latias forgives him and marries him. The whole Retcon with Kyogre at the end doesn't help anything, because Latias still did it before she knew about that.
- King of All Cosmos: King of the Mist Realm anyway.
- OC Stand-in: Since he was introduced before his canonical debut in the anime.
- Power Trio: Along with Groudon and Kyogre.
- Stalker with a Crush: Subverted. He was unable to stalk her, so he had his ghosts keep an eye on her.
Ash's faithful companion and best friend. While he does little in the group other than to aid Ash and keep the peace between his friends, he later becomes a Master Swordsman
, taking on a musketeer like role. He becomes an item with Sadic, the Weavile.
One of Ash's oldest Pokemon, and a member of his Chosen group. He acts has the muscle of Ash's new party after they meet the Unown. Charizard battles Mr. Ford's Blaziken but is defeated and pretty much broken by him, forcing Latias to resurrect him as a Charmander so he can regain his pride and power.
Ash's Bayleef, captured back in Johto. Bayleef previously had a crush on Ash similar to Latias but moves on, becoming attracted to Sceptile. This turns her into a lovestruck admirer and The Cheerleader
, referring to Grovyle/Sceptile as "Sceptile-kun". She is later transformed into Draganium by the Mother
- Action Girl
- The Chick: Sometimes shares this trait with Latias.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Bayleef is killed by the corrupted Latias via Psychic attack, completely obliterating her. The worst part is that the two had previously become best friends.
- Green Thumb
- Love Hurts: Bayleef falls in love with Sceptile, whilst remaining completely oblivious to Bulbasaur's feelings for her which come to light in the final arc.
- Nature Hero
- Smitten Teenage Girl: When in the company of Sceptile.
- This Is Unforgivable!: After a jealous Bulbasaur aids in the death of Sceptile, Bayleef vows never to forgive him. This is altered after Bulbasaur dies for her.
- Triang Relations: In a love triangle with Sceptile and Bulbasaur.
The Tagalong Kid
, Phanphy is only a child so looks at the world in a curious, naive and playful manner. He somehow maintains his sanity throughout the ordeal, unlike other characters, and later is transformed into Oliphan by the Mother
The crawfish-like Pokemon captured in the Hoenn arc who serves as Plucky Comic Relief
in Ash's group. He is shown to be quite horny, but does a lot better in his love life than Brock. He hooks up with Corsola and eventually becomes a subverted pimp whilst remaining loyal to her. He later evolves into Crawdaunt.
Ash's Grass-type from the Hoenn arc. Bayleef gains a crush on him early on in the series. During a battle with Jessie and James, he is kidnapped and turned into a Shadow Pokemon. He starts off as Grovyle but later evolves.
- The Ace
- Anticlimax Boss: In-universe example: Ash and his team are wondering how to defeat the James-controlled Shadow Grovyle without hurting him. Then Charizard effortlessly knocks him out. He doesn't know who Grovyle is, why should he care?
- Bad Ass: Can take on Alpha Ranger single-handedly.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Captured by Jessie and James and turned into a Shadow Pokemon who can only shout, "KILL!"
- Green Thumb
- Taking the Bullet: Jumped in front of a Snag Ball in order to prevent Pikachu from being captured.
- Unfriendly Fire: The ever-increasingly jealous Bulbasaur ends up blasting Sceptile with a Solar Beam just as he is about to defeat Alpha, causing his unfortunate death...and allowing Alpha to turn the tables.
A wild Sneasel who was taken from her frozen mountain home to join in the war. Sadic is an independent and strong-willed fighter who has a great deal of experience living in the wild. She develops an unhealthy obsession with Pikachu.
The love of Mewtwo's life. Gardevoir was born with a disfigured face and wears a mask to hide her ugliness, however Mewtwo sees her as an angel and pretty much worships the ground she walks on. Not much of a fighter, she is a healer and supportive person. Unfortunately, she is accidentally murdered by Mewtwo when Deoxys uses his powers to make her into an evil clone of Mewtwo.
Misty's old Pokemon and ruler of the Mirage Kingdom where the Togepi live. Her home was in the process of being destroyed by Colonel Hansen when she was summoned as a Chosen. She later ends up fighting Hansen's Shedinja in the war.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Uses Minimize to enter Colonel Hansen's Shedinja's hollow body and regrew back to normal size once inside.
- Cerebus Retcon: Togetic's last appearance in the anime involved her leaving to rule over the Mirage Kingdom of Togepi. However, in the fanfic, Colonel Hansen escaped prison sometime afterward and slaughtered all the Togepi. He is later caught and publicly executed on live television for it.
- Our Angels Are Different: Togetic is turned into an angel-like human by the Mother.
- Team Mom: Acts like this for Phanpy, and Misty acts like this for her.
Jirachi & Absol
Introduced in Pokémon: Jirachi: Wishmaker
, Jirachi is a Legendary Pokemon who can grant wishes, guarded by Absol. Released from his one-thousand year slumber, Jirachi and Absol become members of the Chosen and are reunited with Max in preparation for the future war against Deoxys. Jirachi is very childish, absent-minded and most of his wish attempts are downright hilarious, whilst Absol often has to deal with the Wish Maker's antics. Jirachi later becomes part of the Mother with Absol becoming her sword, "Guardian".
Wobbuffet, Cacturne & Milotic
A member of Team Rocket, Wobbuffet is treated like rubbish by Jessie, James and Meowth but sticks with them even when selected as a Chosen. He develops close friendships with Cacturne and Milotic, whom he falls in love with. The three quit Team Rocket after they try to destroy Wobbuffet's island home. Cacturne was turned into a Shadow Pokemon as a Cacnea but open the door to her heart and turned against James. Milotic started off as a useless Feebas but evolved. The three end up as the only untainted survivors of Team Rocket until the last chapter.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Cacturne endured this when she was a Shadow Pokemon, capable of only saying "Murder", until she broke out of her brainwashing.
- Deflector Shields: Wobbuffet is quite literally one, and later learns Destiny Bond but Team Rocket have no clue how to use it.
- Heel-Face Turn: All three turn against Team Rocket and join the rest of the Chosen.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Wobbuffet gives Pikachu, Sadic and El Gato time to escape Chimecho and seemingly dies, only to be saved by the Mother along with Milotic and Pikachu.
- Interspecies Romance: Between Wobbuffet and Milotic/Feebas.
- The Chew Toy: Wobbuffet is treated like this until he switches sides.
- Unfriendly Fire: When Team Rocket realizes Wobbuffet knows Destiny Bond, they have him use it on Pikachu, then attack Wobbuffet to bring them both down.
A large female Tyranitar and the mother of baby Larvitar. She is a Mama Bear
in the Chosen, large powerful and determined to take down any evil force if it means protecting her child.
Corsola & Gyarados
Misty's two Pokemon other than Togetic who become Chosen. They do not really do much in the fanfic, Corsola becoming Corphish's girlfriend.
Tracey's singular Pokemon to become a Chosen. An elderly, crabby old Pokemon, Scyther longs for his youth and battle skills back to be useful in the war. He seems to be your stereotypical Grumpy Old Man
, but don't underestimate him
One of Ash's oldest Pokemon. Having a lifelong crush on Bayleef, he is dismayed when she falls in love with Sceptile and slowly becomes a Crazy Jealous Guy
. His jealousy has serious consequences in the story.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Bulbasaur becomes increasingly envious of Bayleef and Sceptile's relationship, talking to himself and convincing himself to be rid of Sceptile.
- Green Thumb: The original Grass-type Pokemon.
- Heroic BSOD: This happens to Bulbasaur upon realising the enormity of his actions against Sceptile. He has this trope for the next couple of chapters.
- Love Hurts
- Murder the Hypotenuse:Eventually kills Sceptile via Unfriendly Fire.
- Out of Character
- Redemption Equals Death: Bulbasaur, later evolving into Venusaur, sacrifices himself for Bayleef and she realises how he loved her, forgiving him after he and she are resurrected.
- Unfriendly Fire: Bulbasaur's jealousy gets the better of him and he hits Sceptile with a Solar Beam, allowing Alpha to toss his love rival into a lava pit to his death. Bulbasaur cackles over this, much to Bayleef and Crawdaunt's horror.
Umbreon & Misdreavus
Gary Oak's Pokemon. The pair are a couple, something of which Gary is unaware of. The two face tragic odds in the war, but their relationship holds on.
The Ghost King's right-hand man and general of his entire army, along with being one of the Chosen. He's loyal to every possible way to his king and is willing to do whatever it takes to get his job done. He develops a friendship with a wild Misdreavus in the Ghost King's army, finding her little more than a nuisance although this changes over time.
- Emotionless Pokemon: His whole gimmick is to not show a single emotion, but he's not very good at it. Especially when Misdreavus dies.
- It Amused Me: In the beginning, he and his underlings terrorize Latias because he thought it was funny.
- Jerkass: Terrorized Latias because he thought it would be fun, and admitted to enjoying killing her human friends.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Shedinja gives his life to free the Ghost Pokemon trapped within Leviathan.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After the wild Misdreavus' death at the hands of Shalor.
- Villainous Rescue: Saves Ash from Jessie and James' Shadow Pokemon at the last minute. However, this is only so he could capture Ash and turn him over to the Ghost King.
Guardian of the Seas and one of the Chosen. Banished to the Orange Island by Lady Ho-Oh to guard the Legendary Birds, Lugia is separated from his wife and child until he is selected as a Chosen. Unfortunately, his family reunion does not go well.
- Driven to Suicide: Attempts to kill himself numerous times at first after murdering his own family.
- Suicide by Cop: FINALLY succeeds in killing himself when he tells his undead family to kill and devour him as a way of forgiveness.
- Mind Rape: Tricked into unnecessarily killing his Brainwashed and Crazy son and wife, then forced to dream an infinite loop of suicides.
- Heroic BSOD: He kills his family when he thinks Deoxys has turned them completely evil only to learn they were actually Shadow Pokemon.
The Female Ho-Oh and one of the chosen. A petty, selfish, racist
spiteful person, is it really any surprise when she joins the evil side?
Despite her assholery, she is unable to give birth and secretly longs to have an egg.
- Alpha Bitch
- Asshole Victim/Cruel and Unusual Death: Gets repeatedly mutilated and eaten by Dark Latios.
- Disproportionate Retribution: She does this to everybody before the story even begins! She makes everybody except herself the scapegoat for her sterility. She abandons her followers, claiming their hearts are too impure. Then she forces Lugia to constantly keep the Kanto Elemental Bird Trio from attacking each other, keeping him forever separated from his wife and child. All because she can't lay an egg? Seriously?!
- Deal with the Devil: She makes a deal with Deoxys that if she joins his side, he'll give her the egg she always wanted.
- Evil Is Petty: To the point of making her characterization unbelievable. It doesn't help that her Start of Darkness was all told in an Infodump.
- Face-Heel Turn: Long before the start of the story.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Dark Latios makes her immortal, and then kills by ripping out her spine and devouring her body. He reveals her immortality keeps her alive, so when he deposits the waste he will eat it again and again.
- Feathered Fiend
- God Save Us from the Queen!
- Hate Sink
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: After getting insulted by everyone before the final battle, she joins Deoxys and attempts to kill everyone.
- Never My Fault: She always blamed her husband, Lord Ho-Oh, for the reason she can't have eggs. Comes back to bite her in the ass when he comes back not only with a child, but as the father of Latias and Latios.
- Popularity Power: Nobody wants to overthrow her because she's too popular, and doing so will start a war.
- Playing with Fire
- Rewarded as a Traitor Deserves: Lady Ho-Oh is not resurrected by the Mother, seeing her too unworthy. She changes her mind later.
Lady Ho-Oh ex-husband and Latias' real father.
He is Wes' strongest Pokemon, having spent years in Orre after abandoning his past life.
A rock band consisting of various Pokemon, founded by Jigglypuff. The group's members are Jigglypuff, May's Jigglypuff, Onix, Geodude, Swampert, Lombre, Forretress (Metal Sound), Torkoal (Iron Shell), Politoed, Buzz the Electabuzz, Meg and Amp (Whismur) and bodyguard Lee the Hitmonlee. Brock later joins the band as the driver of their band truck. They gain giant mechs and use The Power of Rock
to defeat their enemies.
One of the many Chosen and acts as a speaker for the Unown. Insanely powerful, and does some questionable actions during her time.
Ash's Squirtle. Comes in at the end and ends up saving everyone
The embodiment of good and light, and the true leader of the Chosen. She's is a powerful deity and lives up to Her name, acting motherly towards the Chosen. She's also the combined form of Mew, Celebi and Jirachi.
Originally selected as one of the Chosen, Deoxys is revealed to be the Ultimate Evil
of this reality. He forgot this after his crystal core was broken and scattered across Earth, leading to various story arcs throughout the fanfic. He wishes to destroy reality
and kill The Mother. Deoxys is the embodiment of evil, torturing and mutating numerous characters to turn them into his army of evil servants. In the final chapter, written two years after the fanfic ended, Deoxys' universal destruction is retconned thanks to Mewgle, and he is killed and absorbed by the Mother.
Dark LatiosSon of Deoxys
and a dark incarnation of Latias' brother Latios. Dark Latios was born undead and is purely sadistic, wishing to turn Latis into his playtoy through a very disturbing manner. At then end of the story, he is defeated offscreen, and is resurrected as Latios.
Originally the Dungeon Master and All-Powerful Bystander
of the RPGenerator software created by Circle-Hard
, and used by Team Rocket to capture Ash's group. Mewgle is a Mew lookalike with a clown nose, an antenna and wings. Initially playful and mischeivous, he becomes a Killer Game Master
after meeting Deoxys and then capable of utilising the RPGenerator's abilities to his command and desires, gaining a secondary form and Joker Immunity
, appearing multiple times after his apparent defeat, even appearing in Ri2's other fanfic outside of the Pokemon universe.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot
- All-Powerful Bystander: The Dungeon Master of the RPGenerators, he is at first only able to give information, etc. This changes when he meets Deoxys.
- Cats Are Mean
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: Even during his first appearance in the RP Generator arc, he sent Ash and Team Rocket on impossible quests with Hopeless Boss Fights in order to keep them in the game.
- Creator Thumbprint: Shows up in other works by Ri2.
- Faux Affably Evil: In his first appearance, he is rather comedic and simply wants Ash Ketchum and his friends (as well as the Team Rocket trio) to play a game with him, though he does resort to unfairly designing the final bosses so that he can continue playing. However, in his second appearance, he sentences the majority of Team Rocket to horrific deaths through another one of his games after he takes over their maximum-security prison.
- Humongous Mecha: In his final battle of the story, Mewgle fights the Pokerockers with several giant mechs.
- Joker Immunity: This guy just doesn't die. He originally is erased from existence by the Mother, but creates a backup copy of himself and traps the Chosen and Deoxys' forces in RPGenerators so he can rule the world but is foiled by Squirtle. He reappears in Brave New World as a nerdish demon, and recalls his memories when he meets Ash, Pikachu and Leo, becoming a major villain.
- Killer Game Master: Enhanced by Deoxys in power, Mewgle gains a second monstrous form and the ability to use the RPGenerator's abilities to his own use. He puts the elite members of Team Rocket through hell, personally eating Cassidy and wanting the villains to all die. He later proclaims himself the "Godmoder" of all games.
- Reality Warper: Mewgle can do this with the RPGenerator, creating several battlezones for the Chosen to fight on.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: Mewgle does this a lot in his RPG Mechanics Verse, mainly to prevent our heroes from winning.
- Shout-Out: Mewgle is a direct shout out and parody of the Moogles from Final Fantasy. The RPGenerator system is a shout out to Final Fantasy and Dungeons & Dragons.
- The Starscream: Betrays Deoxys and traps everyone in RPGenerators to rule the world.
- Villainous BSOD: This is quite literally how Mewgle "dies" the first time. He is deleted from existence by the Mother and his brain power reverses until he is in his basic stages of programming as he dies.
A general in Deoxys' army, Cerberus is the mutated and fused form of Entei, Raikou, and Suicune
, fooled and deceived into serving Deoxys. Cerberus can teleport through different portals to attack enemies. He is killed by Mama, Papa and Onii-chan.
The Black Swordsman, Shalor is an undead demon dressed in black armour and uses laser blades
in battle. Originally he was Giovanni, the boss of Team Rocket. Giovanni was murdered by Ein, but he was resurrected by a crystal shard of Deoxys' core. Deoxys mutated him into Shalor.
He is later fused with the Shining Ranger to become Omega.
- Back from the Dead: After being killed by Ein, Giovanni's corpse was thrown into the sea and landed on one of Deoxys' crystal shards, resurrecting him as an undead warrior.
- Death Is Cheap: Killed no less than three times. He's still alive at the end too.
- The Dragon: Appears to share this role with Mewgle. He loses the role when Dark Latios is introduced.
- Fusion Dance: He fuses with the Shining Ranger to become Omega.
- Laser Blade: Shalor uses red-coloured energy blades in combat.
- Psychic Powers: Shalor displays telekinetic powers, telekinetically throwing Doctor Robotnik's body (yes, that one) out of a window. He then causes Ein's head to explode.
- Shout-Out: He appears to be inspired by Darth Vader.
- Super Soldier
Team Rocket's Pokemon
Meowth, Chimecho, Growlie and all of the other previously Pokemon owned by Jessie and James (save Wobbuffet, Cacturne and Milotic) join Deoxys' army, mutated as undead monsters. Most of them end up as Canon Fodder
, and only Meowth, Chimecho and Growlie play a major role in the story as villains.
- Body Horror: Most definitely. All of Team Rocket's Pokemon undergone quite gruesome transformations. Most notable are the Hydra-like fusion of Arbok and Seviper, Chimecho who has become spider-like with a giant jaw which eats everything, and Meowth who becomes a muscular Persian but his eyes are missing.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Meowth gets eaten and digested by Chimecho.
- Cry for the Devil
- Crush. Kill. Destroy!: The Shadow versions of Seviper and Dustox are only capable of screaming "DEATH!" and "BLOOD!" respectively.
- Deal with the Devil: Meowth and co. join Deoxys to get more power, although Meowth also wants respect.
- The Ditz: Chimecho is an extreme example of this.
- Dreadful Musician: Meowth weaponizes his bad singing using the Loudrematic. It almost drove Ash's party insane.
- Minion with an F in Evil: Chimecho is pretty much a nice guy but is an idiot, and never kills any of the heroes. He becomes their weapon when he is attracted by Milotic, but is killed by Dark Latios.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: Meowth joins Deoxys to gain respect, but fails to achieve getting any.
- Self-Disposing Villain: Weezing explodes when exposed to fire, courtesy of Growlie.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Arbok, Seviper, Gyarados, the Victreebel duo, Lickitung and Dustox all disappear during the battle for the Sky Pillar. Presumably they were killed.
Designed to be the ultimate superhero and final product of Project Hero, created by Mr. Ford. Alpha Ranger is Ash Ketchum turned unwillingly into a superhero
, but is born as an Ax-Crazy
psychopath. Initially an insane and sadistic version of Ash, Mewtwo is forced to remove Ash's untouched soul to prevent it from being corrupted.
Alpha has superhuman abilities, can create clones of himself and has a laser gun. He later is made stronger by Deoxys, allowing him to manipulate lightning. He is defeated when Bulbasaur sacrifices himself to save Bayleef, who then takes down Alpha with a Solar Beam. Ash then moves in and regains his body, becoming the Crimson Lightning Ranger.
Mr. Ford/Shining Ranger
J.R.S. Ford is the CEO of his own multi-million based business empire that sponsors the Evergrande Pokemon League and the Battle Frontier. Initially introduced as a Nice Guy
, it is soon revealed Mr. Ford is Crimefighting with Cash
, creating Project Hero to produce superheroes to take down crime in the world. Unfortunately, it turns out the transformation machine in powered by one of Deoxys' crystal shards, and Ford soon becomes a Corrupt Corporate Executive
. He forcefully transforms Ash into psychotic Alpha Ranger, and then accidentally is transformed into the Shining Ranger, his desire for justice so extreme that he plans to kill EVERYONE in the world to save it, killing his own son Harrison. He sides with Deoxys and is fused with Shalor to become Omega.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Several of the end results of Project Hero have come out as psychotic monsters, most notably Alpha Ranger and the Red Ranger of the Pokerangers.
- Crimefighting with Cash: Funds various organizations, and created Project Hero to combat the world's criminals. This is not a very good idea.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Averted. He's an evil knight in shining armor, hence the name.
- Knight Templar
- Redemption Quest: Ford is resurrected in the final chapter and seeks forgiveness from his son, striving to do good with his life.
- Shout-Out: Ford claims he created the power rings of the characters from Captain Planet, something he regrets and is still being sued by lawyers.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Deoxys immediately fuses the Shining Ranger with Shalor to create Omega, practically a day after he is recruited.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Ford's intentions to stop crime is good, creating potentially monstrous superhumans using an item of evil is not. His goal turns on its head when he becomes the Shining Ranger.
Mr. Ford's bodyguard and starter Pokemon, Blaziken is a gruff and violent fighter who wears sunglasses. He is transformed into Infernatrice by the Project Hero machine, becoming a flaming skeletal bird monster, although he gains a second form resembling a golem. He brutally tortures Charizard, and is return is later killed by Charizard and Charla.
- Cool Shades/Sinister Shades: Is always seen wearing them. He gains shades made from obsidian in his second form.
- Dem Bones
- Hot Wings
- I Have Many Names: During the story, his name is randomly changed. He's been called Blaziken, Phoenitrice, Blazeatrice and Infernatrice.
- Kill It with Fire: Infernatrice is slowly killed in battle by Charizard, Charla, Moltres, Combusken and Gyarados, who all aside from Gyarados, use fire attacks to kill the fiery chicken.
- Rock Monster: His second transformation turns him into a giant golem made from magma and rocks.
- Winged Humanoid: Before and after he turns evil.
Lugia's Mate and Silver
Lugia's unnamed female mate and his son Silver play a major role in the Legendary Bird's past. Their family was split apart when Lady Ho-oh forced Lugia to guard Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres. The family are reunited when Lugia and Lady Ho-oh are selected as the Chosen, but the Legendary Beasts turn Lugia's wife and child into Shadow Pokemon. Lugia murders them, believing they were completely evil, and has a major Heroic BSOD
when he learns that he could have saved them. The two are revived as undead soldiers by Deoxys, and they murder Lugia, although this was done at his request
The fused form of Shalor and the Shining Ranger, referred to as the Endbringer, the Fusion Warrior and the Master of Twin Swords
. Omega is a 20-foot tall dinosaurian warrior who can contort his body and fights with laser blades.
Leviathan / Latias' Mother
A giant red-coloured serpent made out of thousands of corpses, Leviathan is the biggest of the villains in size. She absorbs all of the Ghost Pokemon in the world, and is a giant death machine. It is revealed that she is Latias' mother, who was divorced by Lord Ho-oh and later imprisoned beneath Alto Mare for making a deal with evil Pokemon Missingno. She is freed and seeks revenge on Latias to revive Missingno, but is imprisoned in a monastery only to be raped by Deoxys and gives birth to Dark Latios. She is then turned into Leviathan.
Colonel Hansen's Shedinja
The surviving Pokemon of Colonel Hansen, a villainous man who killed all of the Togepi in the Mirage Kingdom. The colonel was publicly executed for his crimes, leaving his Shedinja to fend for itself. It decides to avenge its fallen master and kill Togetic.
The corrupted and combined version of Regirock and Regice. They attack Registeel during the resurrection process of Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza but is mortally wounded by an angry Groudon and then gets obliterated by Registeel.
An old rival turned into the Red Ranger of the Pokerangers, created through the Project Hero machine. Totally amoral and borderline sociopathic, having abandoned his Pokemon journey to become greater than Ash. After a confrontation with Latias, he goes insane and plots to kill Ash and Misty.
- Ax-Crazy: Yes.
- Beware the Superman: He's definitely not a nice guy. And the Alpha Ranger and Shining Ranger are even worse.
- Body Horror: He turns into a monster made of KNIVES!
- Brought Down to Normal: Latias strips him of his powers as the Red Ranger.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Most of his actions are driven by pure jealousy towards Ash and Misty, wanting Ash dead and to make Misty his own.
- Mercy Kill: Ash kills Richie, but laments that the last of those tortured by Project Hero is "freed".
- Nominal Hero: Mr. Ford designates him as a hero, even though he acts like anything but.
Latias: So you even denigrate your comrades who fight alongside you. You attack a pair of Pokémon who had done nothing to hurt you without provocation or warning, intend to beat me to a pulp to capture me, and are also assisting a madman with his evil plans. You are no hero.
Red Ranger: Hey, as long as the people of Ever Grande City think I am, and I get paid for my work with money and power by Ford, I don't care what you call me!
- Talking to Themself: Well, technically to a knife he wields, stolen from a tramp, referring to it as "precious".
- Villainous Breakdown: Pretty much happens when he loses his powers.
Berry Stoo, Mariah Susanson, & Pika Pika
Three villains who appear during the Pokemon League arc. Parodying the Mary Sue
and Marty Stu
tropes, Berry and Mariah appear as lovers but also Eldritch Abominations
. Berry is arrogant and speaks almost completely in Xtreme Kool Letterz
(leetspeak), while Mariah is cruel and manipulative. Mariah is accompanied by her long-suffering Pikachu named Pika Pika, who Pikachu falls in love with before he meets Sadic. It is revealed they are actually in existence because of one of Deoxys' shards and its removal will lead to their deaths.
- Disney Death: Berry is seemingly killed when Jirachi's Humongous Mecha form accidentally falls on him, but he is revealed to have survived, much to everyone's irritation. This is because Mariah can revive him anytime she wants.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Mariah hits every "Pokemorph" cliche in the book and then some.
- Humanoid Abomination: Berry Stoo and Mariah Susanson appear as a rather muscular and handsome man and a gorgeous woman respectively. But everyone seems to pick up that something is horribly wrong with them. It is later revealed that the three were actually created from the essence of one of Deoxys' crystal shards and its removal will result in their deaths. That technically makes them the spawn of Deoxys!
- Loophole Abuse: One half of Ash's strategy against Berry, confusing both him and his team.
- Reality Warper: Mariah
- Sympathy for the Devil
- We Need a Distraction: The other half of Ash's strategy against Berry required his friends to distract Mariah.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Berry talks in Leetspeak that makes it tricky for the characters and even the readers to understand him!
Team Rocket / Cipher
An early plot point of the fanfic involves Team Rocket and Cipher emerging into one faction, with Ein killing Giovanni and turning all of the Pokemon of Team Rocket into Shadow Pokemon. However, Giovanni is resurrected and plots his return to Team Rocket.
The major members of Team Rocket are Giovanni Rocketto, his assistant Domino and scientist Sebastian; the Team Rocket Elite members - Jessie, James, Butch, Cassidy, Vicious the Iron Masked Marauder, Annie, Oakley, Attila and Hun.
Team Cipher's major members are leader Nascour, head scientist Ein, Doctor Robotnik
(yes, that one), Lady Venus, Dakim and Miror B.
- Back from the Dead: Giovanni is revealed to be alive, having actually planned his comeback with most members of Team Rocket in on it.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Miror B. and Ein.
- Concert Climax: The Pokerockers fight Miror B. at his rock concert for the undead.
- Contractual Immortality: Jessie and James have a contract with the show's producers which guarantees their survival. This doesn't appear to apply for Meowth. And Deoxys doesn't really care.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Team Rocket's elite members all suffer painful deaths. Most are lured in Mewgle's virtual reality world where Cassidy, Butch, Hun and Annie are all eaten, Oakley is decapitated, injected with a lethal chemical and incinerated all at once, Attila is carved in two, and Vicious' face is chewed off by a living mask. Jessie and James survive in their own ways but by no means pleasant ways. Domino's head is ripped off by Deoxys.
- Cipher's members face horrible deaths. Nascour and Dr. Robotnik are poisoned, Ein's head explodes, Lady Venus falls down an elevator onto her Steelix's spikes, Dakim is impaled by his own scythe and Miror B. is killed by the Pokerockers.
- Dance Battler: Miror B.
- Everything's Funkier with Disco: Miror B. again!
- Fate Worse Than Death: James fills this trope. He is the only Team Rocket member not to die or be corrupted but is instead used as a chew toy by Dark Latios, and has to live with Jessie, Jessebelle, and Jessie's long-lost mother. Plus, Meowth and all his Pokemon become mutants.
- Funny Afro: Look to the two tropes above the previous for your answer.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: In the prison chapter, the mutant Watchman asks Annie and Oakley to make out so he can record it on the video camera imbedded in his head(!).
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Ein snaps after learning Giovanni was alive, having become paranoid and crazy beforehand.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Venus is killed when she falls down an elevator and is impaled on her Steelix's spikes.
- Interspecies Romance / Ho Yay: It turns out James is not in love with Jessie but in love with Meowth!
- Kill 'em All: Team Cipher is pretty much disbanded as soon as Nascour and Robotnik are poisoned and Ein is killed by Giovanni. The remaining members just die in later chapters.
- Legion of Doom: Team Rocket and Cipher become one evil syndicate.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: The Pokerockers kill Miror B. by beating the crud out of him.
- Primal Stance: Dakim does this.
- Put on a Bus: James. He was abducted because Deoxys had plans for him. When Mewgle winds up taking the whole thing Off the Rails in the epilogue, James is left alone on a space station wondering what the hell is going on, and the reader never finds out what Deoxys was planning on using him for. In the Brave New World, it is revealed that he was the container for Dark Latios's seed.
- Running Gag: Butch is repeatedly called the wrong names.
- Self-Disposing Villain: Dakim is killed by his own scythe.
- Window Pain: Giovanni demonstrates his telekinetic abilities by tossing Dr. Robotnik's body out of a window.
- Wretched Hive: Team Rocket's prison becomes like this when Mewgle activates his virtual game.
- Your Head A Splode: Ein's head explodes when Giovanni telepathically attacks it, but did not expect it to explode.
Ash's girlfriend and Gym Leader of the Cerulean City Gym. Misty is a Fiery Redhead
, and joins Ash and co. on their journey halfway through the fanfic. Reunited with Togetic, Misty faces her fears when General Hanson disguises himself as the final Gym Leader in Hoenn
to finish his slaughter of the Togepi. She fights with a giant mallet, and is later transformed into a mermaid-like creature
by the Mother's power.
Ash's other best friend. Brock is treated mostly as Plucky Comic Relief
and later a Butt Monkey
May and Max
Ash and Brock's companions in the Hoenn region. May has a huge crush on Ash, but is unable to express her feelings. Both suffer a lot in the final chapters of the story.