open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Black Lagoon. Revy - who, it is worth noticing is one of the best fighters on the show - has had several guys make passes at her. Admittedly none of the ones we see try to chat her up are action guys, but given her appearance and the general population of Roanapur some badass guy must have made a move. The only guy she's ever shown the slightest interest in is Rock.
- Code Geass - Lelouch is the most popular and hottest student in his school. Over a hundred girls try to get dates with him... in the same day. He is leading La Résistance and piloting Humongous Mecha, but none of them know that. They just know the elegant, skinny Bishōnen who can't even run up a flight of stairs, much less punch someone out. But he's beautiful. And it's not just the girls, either.
- Wee Hughie is the least murderous of all The Boys, and seems to be the only one with anything approaching a normal love life.
- In the movie Van Helsing, the Plucky Comic Relief (and Q)
monkfriar manages to pick up a woman more or less by accident. By comparison the titular character kills his Love Interest by accident.
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit:
Jessica: My honey-bunny was never very good behind the wheel.Eddie Valiant: A better lover than a driver, huh?Jessica: You better believe it, buster.
- Murder Party addresses this and responds to it in a rather harsh and grisly way. When Bill corners Chris in an art-room and Chris tells the other artists to fight for their lives, one answers gormlessly by saying this word for word and.... is immediately axed to death for it.
- In Batman & Robin Poison Ivy describes herself as this, which is why she keeps Bane around. She mainly just uses her charms and love dust to seduce anyone she comes across before using her Kiss of Death. Though she does fight against Batgirl when the latter arrives in her lair.
- Gaius Baltar of Battlestar Galactica is an unabashed Lovable Traitor and Dirty Coward, but he gets easily the most play of any man in the series. Must be the accent...
- The geeky, harmless Wash of Firefly is this trope - he's married to Zoe, the Amazonian Beauty. Simon also qualifies, but only after Serenity.
- In a roundabout way, this trope is ascribed to the titular character of Merlin. After Guinevere is arrested for witchcraft, Merlin makes a bid for her freedom, leading everyone to believe that he's in love with her. On trying to convince Arthur to help her find the real culprit behind the magic that Gwen has been arrested for, Morgana tells him that Merlin is "a lover, not a fighter" - though whether she actually believes this or not is debatable.
- Captain Jack Harkness of Doctor Who and Torchwood was a extreme version of this, at least until he met the Doctor and Rose and Took a Level in Badass. Or several.
- Boo in Orange Is the New Black claims to be one of these.
- Elan of The Order of the Stick, as lampshaded at least once.
- Marena, the resident Lunar Exalted in Keychain of Creation, seems to be this for the the entirety of the first chapter and much of the second, an assumption made in large part due to her apptitude for Manipulation, shapeshifting and promiscuity being juxtaposed with several instances of her outright stating that she is useless in a fight. It should be noted, however, that Marena also happens to be a bloody liar, and as such failed to mention her Deadly Beastman Form(tm) until it was dramatically appropriate, so this is a bit of a subversion.
- Geoffry of Wiglaf and Mordred is Happily Married, but it is mentioned that if Janus ever dropped dead, over half the women in the Evil Lair would be fighting over him.
- Dhair of the webcomic Incubus Tales prefers to be this. however do NOT harm his friends, his family, or anyone who might BECOME his friend. He is a Defender.
- Sokka of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Sure, he can't bend elements with his mind, but he gets at least a Ship Tease with nearly every female character, and he eventually ends up becoming a Badass Normal.
- The Hair Bear Bunch: When Hair Bear tells Arnie the Lovesick Gorilla that the perfume the bears are concocting for him will make him a lady killer, Arnie replies "I'm not a killer. I'm a lover."