"When I started Incubus Tales, there was precious little out there that wasn't either pretty people being miserable despite having amazing love lives, or decidedly un-erotic vignettes steeped in angst. I looked to the burlesque approach to bring together elements of satire and sensuality into something satisfying, to leave people with a little thrill and, hopefully, a smile and lifted spirits."Incubus Tales chronicles the many tales of Dhiar, the plucky Incubus and owner of the store Phantasies, and his inter-dimensional adventures. This long-running comic blends genre and fantasy with a fair helping of romance and fun. The hero never hesitates to help those in need, and in his own style delivers others to safety and happiness. Pants are of course optional.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Adventure Towns: Every chapter features a new locale.
- Agent Peacock: Dhiar, he's so dreamy.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys: Though they run the gamut per tastes. they're all very attractive
- Eldritch Abomination: Among the only recurring antagonists in the series are known simply as "Abominations" and are monstrous in appearance and anathema to all things that are not them.
- The Empath: How Incubi/Succubi draw energy in this series: they don't suck souls, but live off the pleasure they can give or enhance
- Even the Guys Want Him: Played straight. So to speak.
- Everybody Laughs Ending: An ending to several chapters, they might not be dressed at the time.
- Genie in a Bottle: Played straight; Lanimaz makes his intro this way. It is worth noting that, despite being an actual Djinn, Lanimaz does not reside in a bottle normally but instead accidentally trapped himself in a lamp temporarily.
- Girl of the Week: More "Boy of the Week" but stretched over the plot arc.
- Guy-on-Guy Is Hot: You bet your bippy it is.
- Heroes Want Redheads: During one adventure Dhiar beds Mischievous Redheaded twins.
- Horny Devils: Given that this is a webcomic based on the adventures of an Incubus this is all part of the show.
- Inn Between the Worlds: Phantasies.
- Interdimensional Travel Device: The shop Phantasies. It's one of the ways in which Dhiar travels to the worlds he needs to.
- The Little Shop That Wasn't There Yesterday: Phantasies when viewed from the outside.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Dhiar himself is one, and many other characters also fit this description.
- Male Frontal Nudity: Plenty of this, but presented as naturally as possible rather than played up for surprise.
- The Pornomancer: Incubus Pleasure Aura got me again.
- Red-Headed Hero: When Dhiar gives himself a makeover, he chooses a luscious shade of red. (The comic for the most part is in black and white, however the Artist's colour works show him with the colour.
- Scarily Competent Tracker: Joshua is a werewolf, and the nose knows.
- The Vamp: Averted; while Chana is a Succubus, and knows how to use her beauty for what she wants, her desires are not evil.