"Stay thirsty, my friends."
"His words carry a weight that would break a less interesting man's jaw."
"He is the life of parties he has never attended."
"His beard alone has experienced more than a lesser man's entire body."
"He can speak French... in Russian."
"He once punched a magician. That's right. You heard me."
"If he were to punch you in the face, you would have to fight off the strong urge to thank him."
"If he patted you on the back, you would put it on your resume."
"He once taught a dog to bark... in Spanish."
"He bowls overhand."
"He lives vicariously... through himself."
"He once had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels."
"When in Rome, they do as he does."The Most Interesting Man In The World
is an ad campaign for Dos Equis beer which began airing in the United States and Canada in 2006. It features a distinguished older gentleman who is quite the fascinating fellow, a classier version of the Chuck Norris Facts Meme
. The above narration is only some of his purported acts.
Might have inspired Old Spice's The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
This Meme provides examples of:
- The Ace: There's nothing he can't do and he's popular where ever he goes.
- Anal Probing: "Alien Abductors have asked him to probe them."
- Badass Beard: It's even listed on the Man's organ donor card.
- Badass Grandpa: Look at his page quote; he's had an exciting life.
- Bear Hug: As in he literally hugs bears.
- Bottled Cool: In flashbacks he is doing something amazing; in the present he's at a party and surrounded by sexy women. He prefers to drink Dos Equis.
- Catch Phrase: "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Stay thirsty, my friends."
- Cool Old Guy: Again, look at his page quote. He's the kind of guy that neighbor kids will gather around so that they can listen to stories of all the cool stuff he's done.
- Cultured Badass: He's a fighter and a lover and trilingual (including being able to speak French in Russian).
- Dashing Hispanic: If he doesn't qualify due to his age, then at the least he was this when he was younger.
- Death Glare: The Man's advice for self defense? "The right look should suffice."
- Expy: Literature-minded people will notice that the Man looks and acts quite a bit like Ernest Hemingway turned Up to Eleven. Scrolling through Hemingway's article on The Other Wiki will present pictures reminiscent of the Dos Equis ads. Also, in the Paris section of the article, he is quoted as saying they are "the most interesting people in the world".
- He's also an expy of Fernando Lamas; the bar setting is actually an homage to Billy Crystal's SNL homage to Lamas.
- Friendly Enemy: "Even his enemies list him as their emergency contact number."
- Friend to All Living Things: Zigzagged. While he has been seen ice fishing and posing with a recently caught marlin, the Man has also fed baby birds, befriended monarch butterflies and snow monkeys, freed a bear whose paw was caught in a trap, and once rescued a fox from a fox hunt. In fact, it's entirely possible that, considering the Man's track record and general charisma, the marlin simply jumped up on the pier in order to have its picture taken with him.
- Homoerotic Subtext: Invoked, but ultimately averted, when he speaks "on bromance."
"I have no idea what that is."
- Lover, Not a Fighter: But he's also a fighter, so don't get any ideas.
- Masquerade Ball: His thoughts on them:
"If the only thing that comes off at the unmasking hour is the mask, you have done something wrong."
- The Medic: "In most countries his medical advice qualifies as a health care plan."
- The Munchausen: The frame narrative is him telling stories of his expolits at a party. All of them are strange.
- Noodle Incident: The commercials are all these; bits and pieces of footage from the Man's various adventures. Notable ones include speeding away in a lifeboat full of beauty pageant contestants, leading several foreign dignitaries through a cave with nothing but a lighter and a snappy tuxedo, and being chased by mounted foxhunters while cradling the fox in his arms.
- Our Zombies Are Different: "He is forbidden from walking through cemeteries, because of that one incident where he raised the dead."
- The Parody:
Tony Hale: [in Dos Equis commercial pose] "I don't always drink beer, but when I do-" [his cell phone rings and he answers a call, getting up and talking despite the director telling him they're still rolling, annoying the two actresses he is sitting with]
Grant Imahara: "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Mythbusters."
- And recently, So Random!, a kids show, got in the act with Grady Mitchell as "The Most Coolest Kid in School". The difference? He endorses three different things!
- California radio station 102.5 loves to parody and poke fun at anything they can find...so it doesn't come as a surprise that they have a series of commercials about "The Most Annoying Man In The World".
- To advertise the Puss in Boots movie, they parodied this commercial with Puss.
- A meme-generated picture read "I'm not always racist, but when I am, it's on Xbox Live".
- My Little Pony fanvid: The most interesting Pony in the World.
- After a press tour by Vladimir Putin, Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me said that the Dos Equis guy may be the most interesting man in the world, but when Putin drinks beer, he does it with that guy's mom.
- Real Time with Bill Maher gives us Mitt Romney, the Least Interesting Man in the World.
- Pearls Before Swine had Rat as The Most Interesting Comic Strip Character In The World.
- Through this fan-made video, Fate/Zero's Broskander the Great has now become "The most interesting heroic servant in the World."
- Similar to the xkcd xample, The Argyle Sweater featured Donald Trump as The Least Interesting Man In The World.
- Parody Sue: Obviously his exploits are silly (such as speak French in Russian) and played for laughs.
- Renaissance Man: This is a man of many, many talents.
- Shrouded in Myth: We see snips of his adventures but we know little about them.
- Testosterone Poisoning: This guy is what happens when you take a cultured badass and parody it.
- The Talk: "He gave his father the talk."
- Vegetarian Vampire: "He once talked a vampire into becoming a vegetarian."
We don't always take part in stupid, overdone memes...
Waldorf: But when we do, we wish we hadn't!