Characters: Adventures of the Gummi Bears
open/close all folders
The Gummi Bears
- Blind Without 'Em
- Cool Old Guy
- Disney Death: In "King Igthorn"
- Inept Mage: Most likely as a result of being self-taught. Not to mention his bad memory and mispronouncing words.
- Magic Librarian
- Nice Hat
- The Smart Guy
- Spoonerism: He does this unintentionally all the time, but it rarely forms actual words.
- Squishy Wizard
- Supernatural Is Purple: He's a wizard, and his colour scheme is purple.
- Why Did It Have To Be Heights?
- You Gotta Have Purple Fur
Voiced by: Bill Scott (season 1), Corey Burton (seasons 2-6)
- Badbutt: Indisputably the toughest of the Gummis, but as this is a kid's show, he's completely family-friendly.
- Butt Monkey: Somewhat, most likely due to his gruff attitude.
- The Complainer Is Always Wrong: Subverted that his practical assessment of most situations is usually right and is respected in the colony for that perception.
- Deadpan Snarker: He's a bit more sarcastic than the other gummis.
- Grumpy Bear: Pun absolutely intended.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: His attitude at first, more so than the other Gummis.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's, well, gruff, and unsocial, but has a good nature nonetheless. He just doesn't want to be seen as soft. for example, upon finding out Cavin survived being on Igthorn's runaway catapult; "He's all right! He's all right! (Catches himself) …For a human, that is…"
- Meaningful Name: The gruffest of the Gummis.
- Napoleon Complex: "Is that a short joke?"
- Perpetual Frowner
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: With Grammi, and Gusto sometimes.
- Why Did It Have To Be Flying?: It seems it only shows up in "A Gummi in a Guilded Cage"
Voiced by: June Foray
- Action Mom/Never Mess with Granny: She's basically the den mother of the Glen, but isn't afraid to mix it up.
- Apron Matron
- Cool Old Lady: Especially when compared to Gruffi.
- Deadpan Snarker: To Gruffi, anyways.
- Fiery Red Head: She's got red hair, and you don't want to get her mad!
- Mama Bear: Literally!
- Only Sane Woman
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: With Gruffi.
- Team Chef: Also a bit of a Lethal Chef, unfortunately for the others, although Tummi enjoys her cooking, at least.
- Team Mom
- Women Are Wiser: She's the most sensible of the Gummis.
Voiced by: Lorenzo Music
- Big Eater: And his appetite has actually been the focal point of some episodes.
- The Big Guy
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He's laid back, but when pushed can be this.
- The Ditz: His focus on food tends to let certain things slip by him.
- Gentle Giant: Although he's only large compared to the other Gummi Glenn Gummis.
- Meaningful Name: Basically "Tummy" with an i, which he likes to keep full.
- Literal-Minded: In one episode, Gruffi asked for a hammer and that Tummi should step on it. Tummi stepped on the hammer.
- Nice Guy: Too much of a nice guy in one episode, as his inability to say no got him in a mess.
- Older Sidekick: To the Crimson Avenger.
- You Gotta Have Blue Fur
Voiced by: Katie Leigh
- Bratty Tweenage Daughter: A mild example at times.
- Cheerful Child/Genki Girl: She's very friendly and enthusiastic.
- The Chick: Though she can be an Action Girl when the occasion calls for it.
- Damsel in Distress: She's held prisoner by the Villain of the Week in "Gummi in a Gilded Cage".
- Interspecies Friendship: With Princess Calla, which leads to…
- Lethal Chef: During the episode where Grammi teaches her to make Gummiberry Juice, her first few tries result in a concoction so lethal, it's actually explosive!
- Meaningful Name: Both for her bright yellow fur and bright personality.
- Precocious Crush: For Gusto.
Voiced by: Noelle North
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Although they're not technically related, he acts like this to Sunni at times.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning
- Bratty Half-Pint: To Sunni most of the time.
- Cassandra Truth: His stories about the Crimson Avenger.
- Cheerful Child/Keet: Enjoys playing with Sunni and Tubbi, as well as pretending to be the medieval Super Hero the Crimson Avenger.
- Kid-Appeal Character: He's roughly the same age as the target audience, and in his relationships with the adult Gummis he has many of the same joys and problems that real children have.
- Meaningful Name: A play on "cub" since he's the youngest of the Glen Gummis.
- Not Now, Kiddo: The older Gummis often ignore Cubbi, even when they'd be better off listening to him, much to his chagrin.
Voiced by: Rob Paulsen
- Cloud Cuckoolander: He's lovably eccentric, especially when working on his art.
- Cool Pet: His toucan, Artie Deco.
- Deadpan Snarker: Not too much, but when it happens, you know.
- Hot-Blooded: He's excitable when inspiration strikes.
- Mad Artist: More eccentric than mad, though.
- Sixth Ranger: After his debut episode, he occasionally joins the Glen Gummis for an adventure.
- Snarky Non-Gummi Sidekick: Artie.
- Team Pet: Artie again.
- You Gotta Have Blue Fur
The Gummis' Human Friends
Voiced by: Christian Jacobs (Season 1), Brett Johnson (Season 2), David Faustino (Season 3), Jason Marsden (Season 4-5), R.J. Williams (Season 6)
- I Just Want to Be Badass: He aspires to be a knight someday.
- Demoted to Extra: With each passing season.
- Secret Keeper: The first one.
- Ship Tease/Puppy Love: With Calla.
- The Squire
Voiced by: Noelle North
- Ascended Extra: She was a fairly minor character for most of the earlier episodes, but once she discovers Gummi Bears and befriends Sunni, her role evolves into something more important.
- Badass Princess: Wants to be one. She's finally accepted as one in "Girl's Knight Out" when her father realizes that she doesn't need a protector.
- Daddy's Girl: She's very close with her father, probably partly due to the fact that she has a Missing Mom.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She's blonde, and she's one of the nicest characters in the series.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Like protecting the Gummis from humans who would threaten or exploit them.
- Secret Keeper: Along with Cavin, she's one of the few humans who knows about the Gummis.
- Ship Tease/Puppy Love: With Cavin.
- Tomboy Princess/Rebellious Princess: She's not very interested in the traditional royal protocol.
Voiced by: Kath Soucie
- Betty and Veronica: She fits the trope as the Veronica to Calla's Betty during her first appearance, right down to the hair colors.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Well, not in her first appearance, but in her second that changes.
- French Jerk: Both her and her father spoke with a French accent, although they both prove to be good people later on.
- Heel-Face Turn: Becomes one of Calla's friends after learning of the Gummi Bears' existence.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: Just look at her image and see her dress!
- The Rival: To Calla, although they both became friendly later on.
Duke Sigmund Igthorn
Voiced by: Michael Rye
- Abhorrent Admirer: To Lady Bane, who's repulsed by his advances.
- Bad Boss: Often very callous towards his minions.
- Beard of Evil/Goatee Of Evil: It's part of his "evil knight" appearance.
- Big Bad: He's the main adversary of the Gummis and is constantly trying to obtain their Gummiberry Juice so he can use it to take over Dunwyn.
- Cain and Abel: His brother, Sir Victor, is a Knight in Shining Armor.
- Embarrassing First Name: Doesn't like to be called "Dukie" or Sigmund.
- Faux Affably Evil: Often uses a polite facade when he's dealing with his enemies.
- Harmless Villain: Though he's frequently a Not-So-Harmless Villain.
- Surrounded by Idiots: His ogre lackeys, with the possible exception of Toadwart, are collectively as smart as a bag of hammers.
Toadwart (a.k.a Toadie)
Voiced by: Bill Scott (Season 1), Corey Burton (Seasons 2-6)
- Bumbling Sidekick: Has shades of this.
- Butt Monkey: Always the target for abuse, especially from Igthorn.
- The Chew Toy: It's easy to feel sorry for him, what with all the crap he takes.
- Meaningful Name: Toadie is so nicknamed because he is often sucking up to Igthorn.
- The Nicknamer: Persists in calling Igthorn "Dukie," and because he does it, so do the others.
- Shorter Means Smarter: At least, when leading the ogres.
- Sycophantic Servant: Big time.
- Third-Person Person: Toadie occasionally refers to himself in the third person.
Voiced by: Will Ryan
- Amazing Technicolor Population: The ogres are all different colors, ranging from green, yellow, red, orange, and purple.
- Dumb Muscle: Their lack of brain is a failing point.
- Hulk Speak: The ogres often use this whenever they speak.
- You No Take Candle: Also part of the ogres' speech patterns.