- Anvilicious: Smoking is bad for you, yes. But having a smoker get blown up by a heat-seeking missile? If it was any more on the nose, viewers would be left with bruises.
- Awesome Music: The intro features "Feuer Frei" by the German group Rammstein. Bonus points for their cameo in the said scene.
- Do Not Do This Cool Thing: Even though the movie ultimately portrays the anarchists as evil and wrong, their hedonistic lifestyle is pretty damn awesome. Show of hands, who wouldn't want to party all night in a castle, doing whatever you want and not having to worry about being in the office in the morning?
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Danny Trejo menaces Cage with a machete.
- Cage at one point appears trapped in a dingy and dark holding place chained from above by his wrists. Vin Diesel winds up in a similar situation in Fast Five and The Chronicles of Riddick.
- Cage says he doesn't want to sell out and make a video game, and implies that it's also because he wouldn't get creative control in its production anyway. Diesel was later heavily involved in the production of the first TCOR video game. The studio he created made both this film and that one.
- Samuel L. Jackson as the disfigured leader of a secretive government organization. Who recruits Groot.
- Just Here for Godzilla: As with anything he appears in, Samuel L. Jackson automatically makes the movie better so it's worth watching just for his scenes.
- Memetic Mutation: "Two years? What was your plan? To let them die of old age?"
- Shallow Parody: The first movie 'parodied' the James Bond Tuxedo and Martini spy model by having an NSA agent in the opening switching his spy suit for a tux while on the run from the bad guys. He then gets assassinated when he tries to dissappear into a rock concert actually held by the bad guys, because he can't blend in with the crowd. While the Bond movies did popularize this trope, Bond himself was never dumb enough to try something like this, and always dressed for the occasion.
- Hell, in this situation, the spy couldn't just ditch the dinner jacket and bow tie? Maybe unbutton the dress shirt and ruffle his hair? It'd take him 10 seconds and he'd blend in much more effectively then.
YMMV / xXx