Darren Burns is an Irish professional wrestler currently based in Canada.
He began his career at the age of nineteen, training with Ireland's Fight Factory Pro Wrestling (alma mater of Becky Lynch and Fergal Devitt). He made his debut shortly after, facing future WWE star Jordan Devlin under the name Kid Krazy - but took a break for a few years.
He returned to wrestling 2013 as part of Celtic Championship Wrestling now under the gimmick of 'The Messiah' Xavier Burns - a Dark Messiah who soon became part of the Power Stable The Establishment. During this time he became CCW All Star Champion. In 2016 he relocated to Canada, and adopted a new gimmick of 'The Irish Hooligan' Danno Burns. He is the reigning RCW Social Media Champion.
- Arch-Enemy: Ricky Combat was his first long feud in CCW.
- Badass Cape: He wore a long black one to the ring as The Messiah.
- Bald of Evil: He's primarily a heel and so sports this.
- Blood Knight: As The Messiah he was out to really hurt people.
- The Bus Came Back: He returned to CCW for one night in 2017.
- Comedic Underwear Exposure: In one match, Kazza pulled down his tights for this effect.
- Costume Porn: Was famed for putting lots of effort into his tights, and sporting several with elaborate designs.
- Dark Messiah: His main gimmick in CCW.
- Darker and Edgier: The Messiah character was far darker than his persona in FFPW.
- Evil Feels Good: He was positively giddy whenever he did something bad.
- FaceHeel Turn: In CCW he debuted as a friendly Dark Is Not Evil babyface, but turned heel to become an obnoxious arrogant cheater.
- Fighting Irish: In Canada he plays this up.
- Full-Name Ultimatum: In their feud, he insisted on calling Ricky Combat 'Richard'.
- Green and Mean: As the Irish Hooligan he wears a green jersey to the ring.
- Groin Attack: Tried to do this to Kazza. Emphasis on tried.
- A Hero to His Hometown: Despite playing the heel in his Deise Death Match against Lycan, he still got cheered by the crowd because it was in his hometown of Waterford.
- I Have Many Names: Kid Krazy, Xavier Burns, Danno Burns.
- Improbable Weapon User: A hurley in RCW.
- Light Is Not Good: At one point he sported bright yellow tights.
- Meaningful Rename: Changing his name to Danno Burns upon moving to Canada.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Would occasionally lapse into an American accent as a remnant from his earlier character.
- Parts Unknown: From 'The Crystal City', a nickname for Waterford.
- Pet the Dog: After their Deise Death Match, he acknowledged Lycan as a Worthy Opponent and shook his hand. Although considering Lycan later joined The Establishment, that ended up as Foreshadowing.
- Put on a Bus: When he moved to Canada, he was written out of CCW by having The Establishment turn on him.
- Red Baron:
- 'The Messiah' in CCW.
- 'The Irish Hooligan' in RCW.
- Shout-Out: In his entrance he would frequently homage the Redemption in the Rain pose from The Shawshank Redemption.
- Would Hit a Girl: He established himself as a heel by willingly striking Kazza in an intergender match.