Another Virtual World from the team behind Neopets. Petpet Park, in a nut-shell, is a large, gated area where Petpets (pets for a Neopet to play with) can roam free without any possible harm. They can also partake in quests, buy things from the local shops, and play games together to earn Park Points, which can be used to purchase more items. You can also buy clothes for your petpet note at the Petpet Park Mall, which requires real money to purchase.
Most of the other fundamentals from the Neopets site apply here, with a few exceptions. The game takes place all in one window, powered by Flash. There is more emphasis on story, rather than taking care of your pet - actually, you are the pet. Or, at least you control it. There are six unique petpets you can take control of, and you can only have 1 of them (right now, at least). They are the Dipni◊, Drym◊, Hifflo◊, Kassegat◊, Oukin◊, and Pinixy◊.
Now that you've learned all you can, why not explore the park? It's very calming and soothing, after all. Well, it was very calm and soothing. But unfortunately, it ended up closing on September 18th, 2014. If you played it before it closed its doors, we hope you had fun!
This Park provides examples of:
- Allegedly Free Game: Aside from Neocash/Nickcash items, which can only be obtained by paying real-life money, there are also "gated" areas for members-only.
- Amazing Technicolour Wildlife: Not as many as Neopets, but some of the more Exotic colours can be pretty wild, such as Fire, Zombie and Shimmering Hearts.
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Pretty much all you get from quests, aside from some figurines.
- An Interior Designer Is You: As of 2011, your petpet has its own house! Too bad all the half-decent stuff is NC...
- Collectible Card Game: Cardcasters. Though you can't trade them, and can only be bought with NC.
- Big Bad: Zorkorian.
- Convection Schmonvection: Apparently the best place to cook noodles is in the middle of a volcano.
- Cosmetic Award: You can earn trophies for leveling up, which can be placed in your house.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Just about any vaguely scary-looking person in the park, including Jorguss.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: One of the new colours for the Petpets that isn't available on Neopets is the Sparkle color, which can be seen as a Take That! to Twilight on account it turns your character into a rather exaggerated version of their vampires, complete with a very sparkly white aura.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: The Halloween Event for 2010 heavily involves zombies, to the point of introducing a whole new area infested with them and introducing eerie purple clouds that can spread the virus. There's also the Zombie color available at the NC Mall.
- Human Popsicle: Neville, although done by accident.
- Improbable Weapon User: Sir Liam's Castle Defender has petpets that use paper planes, brooms and loaves of bread.
- Lethal Chef: Mr. Grimsby's pies are notorious in Petpet Park. One of them had conch shell pieces.
- Lighter and Softer: It's much more light-hearted than Neopets. There's hair nor hide of anyone like Lord Kass!
- Mundane Made Awesome: If you buy something from Odissa on the Park Station Train, you'll get five experience points. This occurs because it is currently counted as a quest. This may be a glitch.
- Night of the Living Mooks: Runemaster and Potion Panic both have undead enemies. You can defeat them after solving a puzzle in the former, and distract them with a ghostly dog in the latter.
- Saving the World: The Halloween quests revolve around ridding the park of some kind of terrifying disease/goop/zombifying cloud/etc.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Blizzard Mountain. Petpet Park Square can also be like this during the winter months.
- Tower Defence: Sir Liam's Castle Defender.
- Virtual Paper Doll: Your petpet.
- White Void Room: Done for an April Fools joke.