The twist of Aetheria Epics is that it relies on its community of readers to make important character and story decisions by way of a daily vote. Theoretically, these factor into the character's overall personality, gradually solidifying it until their story is complete and another one begins.
The site launched in April of 2009, but daily updates are quickly cultivating an engrossing narrative as well as a decent-sized archive.
Like all webcomics that reference RPGs, this one's rather trope-heavy.
Some time before November 2013, it vanished from the Internet (having stopped updating for months before): For some time the website only contained the Dreamhost default page, and now it's is no longer reachable at all.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Abandoned Info Page: Averted. The cast page is kept quite current with all party members.
- Action Commands: VOTE! Aww, you missed the update? Too bad, the one you would have voted for lost.
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: After Allete finishes her business in Himmelburg, the viewpoint switches to Frey.
- Black and White Magic: The first party consists of a summoner, a black mage, and a white mage.
- Character Customization: Every once in a while, a new outfit vote will crop up.
- Character Portrait: On the character page, obviously (Status).
- Expy: the leader of the Dark Mage gang seems to be one of Kamina, pointy shades included.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Averted by vote, main character for the first arc is a caster.
- Hit Points: Possibly averted. The characters aren't aware of them if they do have them, and we haven't seen any floating damage numbers yet.
- In-Universe Game Clock: Standard Day/Night cycles, it seems.
- Isometric Projection: The first couple of comics make homage to this method.
- Limited Wardrobe: Averted. Characters in this comic change their outfits frequently and for when the situation calls for it.
- Love Bubbles: When the leader of the Dark Mage Gang meets Allete, she gets a flowery pink background.
- Multiplatform: Compatible with all known browsers!
- Soft Reset: You can always hit the New Game button at any time in the archives. The run won't change, though.