Crendor, otherwise known as Wowcrendor, is a machinimator and LetsPlayer whose content focuses primarily on World of Warcraft. He had emerged during the rise of other popular animators in 2008 but was quickly overshadowed by them, eventually rising to popularity after other Machinimators such as Myndflame had moved on from covering Warcraft. He himself has since branched out from Warcraft-based machinima, covering games such as League of Legends, and has also started doing Let's Play series, often collaborating with Jesse Cox (including for a non-content podcast). Since his work with Jesse he has experienced a spike in popularity, and often functions as wise guy to him in both their videos and their semi-weekly morning podcast. His second channel, Crendor IRL, features him and his friends in non sequiter segments, branded as "high quality non-content."
Crendor provides examples of:
- Catchphrase: More like a single word, but Crendor is very fond of saying "nerd", such as "oh my nerd." and "kill the nerds!". He also signs off a lot of videos with a very quick "seeyuh".
- While not as evident in his Machinima videos, he often makes some odd comments when collaborating with other YouTubers and whenever he goes on a tangent in his Let's Play videos. He also has a noted interest in David Lynch films.
- He makes Jesse Cox, a Cloudcuckoolander in his own right, into a straight man.
- Within the Machinimas themselves, there's the ZOMBIE DRAGON guy.
- The Comically Serious:
- TotalBiscuit has described him as "the most monotone man he's ever met." His normal speaking voice is typically low and droning, and he rarely gets excited over anything. This makes it sound like he's absolutely serious whenever he speaks, even if what he's talking about is completely absurd.
- A few people have commented on his "Leveling in WoW" series that they use his voice to help them fall asleep.
- On the other hand, he will giggle at the smallest thing in the Cox n' Crendor podcast.
- This comes back in an interesting way during his first game of Secret Hitler with the other Cooptional Podcast members. He has such a good pokerface and such a mellow personality that he turns out to be one of the most difficult-to-read and wild card players at the table, And when he does give hints, it's impossible to tell if he's being serious or just trolling for the sake of making the game interesting.
- Cooking Show: He applies his signature Stylistic Suck to the concept in Cooking with Crendor.Crendor: Now's when you're gonna stop, take the water, and go dump it out, 'cause you don't need it, for what we're making.Crendor: ...but since we're such a high-quality production, we don't need eggs to be shown on the camera, 'cause you can take my word for it.Crendor: Don't wash your knife, 'cause that'd be sanitary.
- Crossover: With Dodger, TotalBiscuit, Jesse Cox, Strippin and many others.
- Cuckoolander Commentator: A big part of what makes him The Comically Serious.
- Dracolich: A Running Gag in his "If Fans" series is a character who's obsessed with "DRAGONS!! ZOMBIE DRAGONS!!!"
- He even sells a Zombie Dragon t-shirt and plushy.
- Ear Worm: The Luckydo Rap acknowledges its own catchiness:This song's stuck your head
You'll be singing it in bed
In school, at the office, by the pool
With a bear, over there
In your car, at a bar
Trust in the luckydo and it will take you far.
- Identical Stranger: Deliberately played up with Dodger. They do have similar facial structures, but they both act as if Crendor becomes a perfect double of Dodger when he puts on a brightly-colored wig.
- Mayan Doomsday: A Running Gag of his and Jesse's podcast.
- Motor Mouth: At times, when his characters call for it. He also promotes himself in this manner.Youtubedotcomslashwowcrendor, twitterdotcomslashwowcrendor, facebookdotcomslashcrendor, districtlinesdotcomslashwowcrendor, buymyshirts!
- Naïve Newcomer: The character Billy, of the "How to win at..." series. Knows basically nothing about the game and is mostly seen asking a random narrating voice about whatever subject the video is about. Thanks to their discussions, he's gone from "completely bad" to "just sort of bad".
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: During his Let's Play of Saints Row: The Third with Jesse, Jesse got up to get a pizza while Cendor defends him from attackers. However, because the videos are uploaded from Jesse's viewpoint, all we see are Crendor running back and forth and reacting to what's going on. Becomes a Crowning Moment of Funny thanks to the addition of Yakety SaxCrendor: How long does it take to get a pizza? How long?! Aahh!! The car set me on fire!
- The entire sequence can be seen from Crendor's point of view in his recording. It's just as ridiculous as he made it sound.
- Only Six Faces: He reuses character models, armor and all, to portray new characters with different attitudes, only rarely using recurring characters. Mind you, this only applies to characters that appear within the game footage; shots taken with Model Viewer and inserted over an unoccupied backdrop of game footage tend to have far more variety at the cost of looking out-of-place and occasionally buggy.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Has developed a love for Squishables and is not above asking fans to send him some.
- Seinfeldian Conversation: Much of his non-gaming collaborations and even his non-machinima works, whether solo or with group. He styles himself as a purveyor of "the highest quality non-content on YouTube".
- Somewhat justified, as he's said that it's part of "an ongoing experiment" to prove that an audience doesn't necessarily care what it's watching, just who's presenting it.
- The Stoner: He doesn't actually do any drugs but Jesse likes to joke about Crendor being a stoner whenever he says something particularly weird or loudly sips his tea.Jesse: *laughing the whole time* Crendor, I gotta tell you...you smoke entirely too much reefer!Crendor: *snickering*
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: Typically plays the Wise Guy. This creates quite a contrast when it results in outgoing and quirky Jesse Cox playing the Straight Man to his Comically Serious Wise Guy.
- Stylistic Suck: His Microsoft Paint drawings, used to depict events and convey ideas that wouldn't work as machinima (appearances by generic Blizzard employees in what is supposed to be real life are done like this, for example).
- Take That!: His "How to win at..." series. He'll typically discuss a topic of some controversy within Warcraft or League of Legends with "Billy," a clueless character, and displays some of the stereotypical behavior associated with different types of players.
- The "unreleased warlords of draenor cinematic", which was a snipe at the queues.