- (rooster crow) HELLOOOO EVERYBODY, IT'S TIME FOR COX N' CRENDOR!
Cox n' Crendor in the Morning is a non-content podcast hosted by Jesse Cox and Wowcrendor, which is a loose parody of morning radio talk shows. It (usually) has five main segments per episode: an intro where Jesse and Crendor discuss whatever they've been up to recently, a "traffic" report that consists of Crendor riffing off the top of his head, a weather report where Crendor enters a random ZIP code and reviews the weather for that area, a sports report where they discuss any interesting sports stories, and The Big News Story of the Day where they pick a stupid or crazy news story from the internet and mock it. It is hosted on Soundcloud, and used to update frequently but is now spaced off to whenever they feel like it.
Segments of the show are also occasionally animated by Jesse's artist Daniel Tan here.
This podcast provides examples of:
- Behavioral Conditioning: In an early episode, Crendor tried to make Jesse want hot chocolate every time he hears a bell ring. Which he did by by ringing a bell while saying "You want hot chocolate". Somehow it worked anyway.
- Cliché Storm: One segment is spent making up the plot for a young adult novel series for tween girls. It is shamelessly a mishmash of done-to-death teen romance clichés (female Lead You Can Relate To, pitting Childhood Friend Romance against Relationship Sue against All Girls Want Bad Boys) combined with a High Fantasy setting filled with elves, sprinkled with a touch of A Song of Ice and Fire sadism.Crendor: That is... a blockbuster trilogy, and an epic New York Times best seller for years.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Crendor. Although, that's only in comparison to Jesse. They could honestly both qualify.
- Deranged Animation: The animated segments made by Daniel Tan are... very weird. Take a scene from this episode. Crendor flies off on tiny rocket chair, then it cuts to Crendor on the moon where he suffocates to death. Then Crendor appears inside of Jesse's mouth, falls out, and then is normal size again. None of this has anything to do with the topic of the video. All this is done without interrupting the flow of their original conversation. And this kind of thing happens all the time.
- Drugs Are Bad: Played with in Episode 106 with Crendor being DJ Straightedge for "Don't Do Drugs". The duo encouraged remixes.
- Long-Runners: The show began on November 19th of 2012 and has been running (more or less) weekly ever since.
- Mayan Doomsday: A Running Joke on the show throughout 2012 was that on December 21st, the pyramids were going to open up and Robot Mayans would conquer the Earth.
- Name and Name: Cox n' Crendor, which doubles as an Alliterative Title.
- Once an Episode: Most episodes, they do a "traffic report" (consisting of Jesse slapping himself to make helicopter sounds and Crendor rattling off whatever's on the top of his head), then describe the weather of a random American city.
- Only in Florida: A frequent topic of the show involves Florida Man and his exploits.
- Poe's Law: Jesse discusses an epiphany he had watching next episode trailers for Hell's Kitchen, realizing that they were so blatantly false compared to the episodes themselves that he's not entirely certain whether they're serious and lying or meant to spoof trailers of that nature.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The superhero duo they come up with. "Guy Hero" is a manly Large Ham, while "The Grey Storm" is a Mellow Fellow ditherer with The Power of Apathy.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Mix that with extreme Bystander Syndrome and you get The Grey Storm, a reoccurring gag superhero they made up.
- Seinfeldian Conversation: Being a non-content podcast, it goes on a variety of tangents about offbeat news, lists and pop culture.
- Urban Legends: Has been brought up a few times, including in 2015 when they've been observing The Watcher with fascination.