Squishables are a line of plush toys that were first produced in 2007. The plush toys are known for their general large size (though mini versions do exist), and for their trademark round squishy shape. To date, there are 61 (not including the ones no longer in production) of the classic "normal-sized" (around 15 inches) Squishables, with many more designs to be released in the future.
Can be found here.
Squishables provides examples of-
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Most of the Squishables fall under this including bright blue whales, pink axolotls note , turquoise squids, pink cats, and several others.
- Balloon Belly: The description for the now-retired shark plush said that it got so round from eating so much. Then, it says not to think too hard about it.
- Bedsheet Ghost: They have one. The Plague Doctor and Reaper also have the general shape.
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: There's a Yeti Squishable. A Bigfoot Squishable is currently in production.
- Bowdlerize: The Octopus' description is different on the official website than on the hand tag. The description on the website says "No need to hide the schoolgirls". This was changed on the hand tag for the plush to "No need to hide the anchovies". Most likely because parents probably wouldn't buy a toy that includes references to tentacle rape in the description.
- Cartoon Creature: The Worrible and Fezzy both fall under this.
- Cute Kitten: Several kitty-cat Squishables have been made so far. A white cat (It's retired, though), a gray kitten, a pink kitten, and a limited-edition tuxedo cat.
- Emotion Eater: The Worrible is said to feed on anxiety and stress. Interestingly, it's a rare non-malevolent example as it's said to also excrete a sweet-smelling liquid in exchange that helps its owner relax.
- Everything's Better with Plushies: Pretty much the main reason Squishables exist in the first place.
- Everything's Better with Cows: A few bovine-related plush have been made including a cow and a bison (buffalo), and a "chocolate milk cow" is in production.
- Funny Octopus: Both octopus and squid plushes are available.
- The Grim Reaper: Exists as a plush.
- Nice Hat: Fezzy wears a fez.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Both a red and a blue dragon Squishable have been released. A Chinese dragon plush is in production and an ice-dragon mini Squishable is set to be released this summer.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: One of the upcoming new designs is a rather fluffy plump Lycanthrope.
- Our Griffins Are Different: A limted-edition mini-griffin plush was released a few months ago.
- Our Zombies Are Different: A zombie Squishable is currently in the works. Interestingly enough, there was a strict "No Zombies" rule for suggesting new Squishables due to one of the designers being absolutely terrified of zombies. The sheer amount of fan demand must've made them change their minds.
- Panda-ing to the Audience: Their mascot is a giant panda, also one of their most popular plush.
- They once had an entire advertising campaign surrounding the release of their red panda plush.
- Plague Doctor: Comes with a glow-in-the-dark lantern. A Plague Nurse was later made due to its popularity.
- Poke the Poodle: Deville is supposed to be a devil, but his idea of "evil" is...GASP!....eating an extra cookie!
- Running Gag: The pufferfish due to its goofy-appearance has been the subject of many "funny caption" images among the Squishable fandom.
- Satan: There was a red devil (Though it looked more like a teddy bear with horns than a satyr-like being) Squishable that's since been retired. A blue devil-like creature called "Deville" has been released recently.
- Threatening Shark: Played for laughs with the now-retired shark Squishable. The description on the Web site said to not think too hard about how a shark could get so rotund.
- Turtle Power: There was a turtle Squishable that is long-since retired. Likewise, a sea turtle plush is currently in production.
- What Measure Is a Non-Cute?: Subverted, as you have squishables of things that one might not think of as "cute" (like axolotls, Bamphomet, spiders, etc) but, if it exists, the company will make it cute.