In 2019, a new series called Troopers Rise Of The Budget was announced for the Dropout.TV service.
This series contains examples of:
- The Chew Toy: Chase seems to be shaping up as a Kenny-style Chew Toy, having already died more than once.
- Force-Field Door: The episode Force Field Door.
- Juggling Loaded Guns: "Gun Privileges" is full of this.
- Sci-Fi Writers Have No Sense of Scale: Spoofed in "Coffee Run", where Dread Lord Sinister keeps constantly sending one of his Dread Troopers back and forth for coffee from a coffee shop on the other end of the Dread Cruiser, forgetting that the Dread Cruiser is the size of a small planet. Each coffee run takes three days. By the time Dread Lord Sinister finally gets his coffee, he's forgotten that he asked for it in the first place.
- Single-Biome Planet: Satirized in "The Swamp Planet"."50 years ago Dread Trooper scouts landed in a swamp on our planet and for some reason didn't bother exploring anywhere else! If they'd gone one mile to the left, they would have found some beautiful beach front condos. But they didn't. And now we're the "swamp planet". How do you think that makes me feel?"
- Tractor Beam: Rich and Larry are assigned to bring ships into the Dread Cruiser by using tractor beam, with disastrous results.
- Too Dumb to Live: Rich and Larry.
- Bad Boss: Dread Lord Sinister will kill his minions for the slightest reason, reasons vary from mistaking a mash potato manikin for a prisoner, to him simply assuming someone's suggestion will be terrible.