Trapped In the Bird Cage is a live RPG show hosted by Holly Conrad and set, more or less in the same universe as Dice, Camera, Action!. It is actually set 25 years before of DCA and in the City of Sigil, which is almost literally the center of the D&D multiverse.
It starts with four complete strangers being sucked out of their universe, which it's implied may not even be the same for all of them and into a closet which in turn is in a tea room run by an old lady wereraven called Crone who then sets them to various tasks which she says are necessary to save Sigil.
The players are:
- Holly Conrad: GM and Crone
The Crowbar Crew:
- Anna Prosser Robinson: Wilhemina, more often called Wil, a human thief and major kleptomaniac.
- Jimmy Whetzel: Saturn, a human bard with a love for the triangle.
- Chad Quandt: Reader, a Warforged investigative rogue, looking for whoever killed his creator.
- Hadeel al-Massari: Nejma, an elven wizard and former circus performer with pyromaniacal tendencies.
Trapped in the Birdcage contains examples of:
- Action Fashionista: Both Wil and Saturn.
- All Gays Are Promiscuous: If you are an attractive male Saturn will hit on you, or at least give you the eye.
- Badass Gay: Saturn is seriously deadly with his rapier.
- Big Bad: "Us".
- Big Good: Crone, Mother, and Maiden, a triumvirate of wereravens.
- The Cameo: A ten-year-old Strix shows up in Episode Six, working at a bakery that's been taking in Blood War refugees.
- Camp Gay: Saturn.
- City of Adventure: Sigil, of course
- Cool Old Lady: Crone.
- Everyone Has Standards: When the team goes to the doughnut shop where Young!Strix works, all of them but Wil worries that the children there are being exploited. They're refugees of the Blood War, willing working there to make ends meet.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: After Reader saves her life Will, in what Anna calls "a rare outburst of genuine emotion" is genuinely grateful, both hugging and kissing him.
- Hive Mind: "Us", a collective of cranium rats.
- Jerkass: Yox, an ooze mephit )played by Holly's husband) who is Crone's familiar.
- Never My Fault: Nejma always has an excuse, usually flimsy, as to why it wasn't her who set that thing on fire.
- Playing with Fire: Nejma favorite spells are fire related and she's not at all careful as to what she uses them on.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: By design. Holly made them all design their characters with no knowledge of what the others were making which is why there're two rogues and no fighter type. They never even met each other until winding up in a dark closet together.
- Sticky Fingers: Wilhemina who will basically grab anything that's not nailed down. And if it is, just give her a few minutes with her crowbar and it won't be. Also Saturn to a lesser extent.
- The Medic: Saturn, the only member of the party with healing spells.
- Token Evil Teammate: She's not evil in the murderous sense but Will is clearly the team member who cares least for anyone but herself and they visit the bakery where Young!Strix lives, she's the only one who cares nothing about the children there.
- Token Good Teammate: Reader. None of the others are actually evil but all have a definite disregard for the law.
- Wretched Hive: Not 'all of Sigil is this but much of it is and, being adventurers, the crew spends a lot of time in the less savory parts of town by necessity.