Paintbrush is transgender or genderfluid.
Will probably be mentioned somewhere in Season 2.
- Jossed, unless you count nonbinary people as transgender. They're non-binary.
Marshmallow will be disqualified in Episode 12
Due to her deciding to quit the show and live with Bow in Purgatory Mansion and MePhone announcing she will be eliminated if she does not return, it's more likely than not that this will be the case.
Suitcase will be sent to a mental hospital in a future episode.Her hallucinations
become so bad that it drives her to harm (or attempt to kill) herself, and Mepad sends her to a mental hospital. MePhone4 will have a mental breakdown in the episode, and he will start to cry and think it's his fault. Nickel is crying too, and he keeps saying "I'm sorry" to Suitcase, even though she isn't there.
Lightbulb is a transgender girl, and there'll be a character arc about it.
Since she was referred to as a boy in Episodes 1 and 2 of Season 1, but referred to as a girl after, she may be transgender. Another supporting point is that her wires changed shape, which may be an illusion to a sex change. The character arc will be about Lightbulb breaking down after being called a boy instead of a girl, and it will explore transgender issues.
- Jossed. Creators have confirmed that the gender change was only to balance the genders of the characters.
Taco will betray Microphone in a future episode, or vice versa. Confirmed.
Meeple is a cult.
MePhone4 was abused by Cobs.
He seems to look scared when he sees Paintbrush's painting in Episode 12.
Mephone4S will come back in Episode 13.
MePhone4 will have a flashback in Episode 13
- The flashback might contain him as a child, with the other mephones (also children) making fun of him for having no shockwave mouth or sunglasses.
- Confirmed. Mephone 4 did have a flashback, but the idea of the other mephones making fun of him is Jossed.
I'm betting either Baseball or Microphone.
- Okay, now I'm beginning to doubt this one. He seems to be as bitchy as ever according to the comics.
- The first episode of the third season shows that Nickel decides to help Balloon when he floats in midair after jumping off the cliff.
The characters (sans the Meeple products) are actually results of an experiment on giving inanimate objects life similar to that of The Island of Doctor Moreau
Sounded cool in my head...
MePhone5C is a trans woman.
- It seems a little off to have a cis females be in the middle of a product line of cis males. Cobs programmed MePhone5C to be a boy, but she wanted to be a girl. I wouldn't be surprised if this was confirmed, since we already have a canon nonbinary character in the show.
Okay, okay, I might be overreacting, but despite the fact Suitcase had a good reason to vote Nickel off, Baseball seems the most scornful to her, most likely to murderous tendencies judging by the facial expressions. Now, I know Baseball and Nickel are great friends, but remember that Nickel is a massive Jerkass, and it just so seems Baseball is blinded by his (platonic or not) love for him to notice. Not to mention earlier in season 2 Baseball becomes uncomfortably close to Nickel at one point.
Not to mention Baseball kicked Knife powerfully just for calling him fat
. Who knows what Baseball could do to Suitcase?!.
- Jossed. Test Tube helps him calm down, and when he runs into Suitcase, he decides not to talk with her so he can let her focus on the challenge.
Haven't any of you seen Chicken Little
?! That egg definitely belonged to something, and I don't think it would be happy
about Fan taking its child without its consent
Humans who died were reincarnated into the objects.
I know, I know. Theories like this have been done to death
. But I thought it was fun
.Now, as for why Bow and Dough come back as ghosts, thats because the magic could only reincarnate them into something once. Therefore, theyre just ghosts now. Now as of how
they died: Knife was stabbed, Marshmallow fell onto a campfire, Baseball was a baseball player who suffered obesity-related health issues, Lightbulb was an electrician with Pica who ate an electrical appliance, Paintbrush was an artist who flew into a rage that got them killed by someone in self-defense, the Cherries were siamese twins that died before birth, Suitcase was a traveler who got cut open by a hippo in Africa, Trophy was an athlete who used steroids, Test Tube was a scientist who died in a lab accident, Yin-Yang committed suicide due to bipolar disorder, Tissues was a doctor who caught Ebola, Cheesy was a loathed comedian who was beaten, Balloon died of asphyxiation from inhaling helium, Microphone was a metal singer whose vocal chords were gruesomely and crudely ripped out when she got nodules, Fan was cyberbullied to suicide by a hatedom, Soap was a cleaning lady who accidentally ingested a cleaning product, Nickel was a banker whose head was cracked open by falling onto something made of metal, Box was a stillbirth, OJ drowned, Apple was a farmer who suffered a brain disease, Bomb died in an explosion, Paper was an office worker who suffered a really
bad papercut, Bow was a stylist who was strangled by a ribbon, Salt and Pepper suffered dehydration, Pickle was stabbed through an eye, Taco was a waitress at a Mexican restaurant who choked on a lemon, and Dough died in a baking accident.
One of Paintbrush's parents is a torch.
That would explain why their bristles catch fire
when they get really angry.
Judging from the Cerebus Syndrome
, I'm pretty sure it would... or...
Remember when she manipulated gravity at a couple points in season 1? Marshmallows don't do that. Not to mention she can also apparently heal from being burned to death without MePhone having to revive her...
Nickel and Nick-Le are brothers, and they're both human-object hybrids.
This may seem a little weird, but I have evidence. Remember how Nickel defecated on Baseball's head in Episode 2? And how humans defecate? This might be a bit of evidence that Nickel is half human.And proof that Nick-Le is half-object? He is shown to be able to hide his limbs (they aren't shown in episode 5 until he says "I'm highly offended"), which many objects do. (example of objects hiding their limbs is in Episode 7, Sugar Rush where Me Phone 4 S
explains the challenge)
MePhone4 is a vegetarian.
He only eats cookies, which do not contain meat. He refused to eat the Grand Slams' pizza in episode 4, which contained meat. The Bright Lights' pizza was meat free.
In Episode 14/15, MePhone4 will attempt suicide.
His mental state has seemed to be declining as of when he gets his memories of Cobs back
. It's very possible that those memories will overwhelm him
, and that he will attempt suicide. However, it wouldn't be likely to be suicide by hanging or another real method of suicide. I think that he will upgrade himself, but the upgrade will fail or glitch.
- He could shoot himself, as phones can be destroyed by being shot.
The condishawn isn't actually contagious.
It is a genetic chronic illness. Those who "get it" are actually fooled by the nocebo effect.
Possible scenarios if MePhone4S comes back
- His resurrection will be unwanted by him.
- His memory will be wiped, and will be in a slightly childish state of mind, not unlike MePhone4 in his flashbacks.
- He will be confused about the world, and go around the island screaming and going crazy. He will grab Suitcase by her handle and ask "ARE YOU A GIRL OR A GIRLIE MAN?!"
Fan And Cobs Will Return In Episode 14
A promotional image released on Easter depicts the egg laying on the ground with Test Tube, Fan, and Cobs'
shadows standing over it; possibly foreshadowing that they (Cobs and Fan) will have a major role in the episode. Think about it.
- Fan returns, but Cobs' does not. So this is semi-Jossed
Possible scenarios if the egg hatches in episode 14.
- The creature that layed the egg will come after Fan and Test Tube.
- If Test Tube isn't able to tame the creature, it will run amok and attack everyone, resulting in Test Tube being rejected by the others or disqualified by Mephone 4, unless, of course, they're smart enough to know it technically wasn't her fault.
- Confirmed. Well, sort of. The creature(s) don't run amok, though they do abduct Fan, and Test Tube isn't rejected by the other contestants, but she is still eliminated.
- The egg hatches, revealing another egg inside.
- Test Tube (and possibly Lightbulb) attempt to hide the creature but fail.
Episode 14 will end on a cliffhanger.
Test Tube works For Cobs.
The Mephone seen at the end of Hatching the Plan is a Mephone X.
- It displays an X on its screen, and also, it has physical characteristics similar to the real iPhone X (no button at the bottom of the screen, and the black region at the top of the screen is pretty small).
- Confirmed. (See their most recent Q&A.)
Episode 15 Will Revolve Around Lightbulb.
- The episode will focus on her lonliness and struggle to interact with the other contestants since all of her closest friends are gone.
Inanimate Insanity takes place in the future.
- As the theory suggests, the show takes place in the far future. Man-kind has been wiped out by a nuclear fallout; but dispite it's race-killing distruction, started new life (the objects, which were mutated). As time goes by, the earth recovers, and these new "creatures" gain intellegence and build their own society. Meeple is the new Apple, Steve Cobs is the new Steve Jobs, and so on.
Episode 15 or 16 will be a two-parter.
- Just like the final episode of season one (ep.18; Journey Through Memory Lane) the final episode (ep. 16) of II 2 will be split into two episodes, or episode 15 will be split, leading up to the finale. Hopefully it won't be another 2 years until we find out.
In the first season, Taco, Paper, and Balloon are likely the object versions/caricatures of Ed, Edd n Eddy
- While the characters aren't a trio, they show resemblance in personality.
- Taco is The Ditz (even if she was faking it), which is Ed.
- Paper is the quirky effeminate nerd, which is Edd.
- Balloon is the manipulative Eddy, forcing his team to do certain things.
MePhone2G will appear in Episode 15.
- She (That's right, a Samus Is a Girl situation), unexpectedly, is still alive and on the run.
MePhone5C and MePhone5S were forced to be married by Cobs.
They don't actually love each other and Cobs hired a corrupt pastor to marry them.
Bow found another vessel for her spirit
- which is how she comes back in Season 3