A short survival horror/platformer component of Alabaster: The Doomed Session.
The brain-damaged, babyfur troll Ginneo Adarna is stuck in a gigantic hive. Searching for a game his best friend sent him using his domestic griffin, Ginneo will lose himself in his own memories and past sins.
Silent Hive presents examples of the following tropes:
- Ambidextrous Sprite
- Arc Words: "The Flesh Must Grow."
- Backstory Horror: Ginneo looks cute until you learn he's twenty years old.
- Bear Trap: In the Spikes Belly room.
- Body Horror: Everywhere.
- Boss Corridor: Before the last confrontation with Red Pail.
- Camp Unsafe Isn't Safe Anymore: The giant hive filled with deadly traps and toxic vapors was dangerous all along!
- Corpse Land: Crucified, skinned troll bodies are hanging behind every wall.
- Creepy Child: Well, not really a child, but...
- Cut and Paste Environments
- Dark World: The siren changes the environment, just like in Silent Hill.
- Easter Egg: Not in the game itself, but trying to access other parts of the site results in this image.
- Fantastic Drug: Ginneo got his brain melted by slime vapors from old recuperacoons.
- Foreshadowing: "The Flesh Must Grow." Do you brush your teeth? How many people did you get killed, Gin?
- Haunted House: Hives are troll houses.
- Loading Screen: Oh god.
- Losing Your Head
- Mirror Monster: Past "Motherfucking" Ginneo.
- Mobile Menace: Pail Head.
- Psychological Horror
- Remixed Level: The "Broken Turntable" and "Spikes Belly" rooms are always the same rooms, revamped for new, increasingly horrible purposes. They also rotate.
- Shout-Out: Komm, süßer Tod is the name of a Neon Genesis Evangelion song, Croatoan is the word that appeared along with the historical disappearance of Roanoke Colony, the game is (obviously) full of Silent Hill references, "This is not happening!" is a classic Eternal Darkness quote...
- Sinister Scraping Sound: Around Pail Head.
- Swallowed Whole: The Spikes Belly room.
- "This game is insane and whoever made it belongs in a mental hospital."