Face Raiders is a video game for the Nintendo 3DS which is included with every Nintendo 3DS system. You take a picture of someone's face. The game sticks the face onto some enemies. You then wave the 3DS around, while viewing your actual surroundings as the background through the video camera, and shoot their face. It's as trippy as it sounds.
Tropes that appear in this game:
- Another Dimension: The final level takes place in one.
- Augmented Reality: Takes advantage of this feature.
- Boss Rush: You can reface harder versions of all the bosses in the Extra Stage.
- Everything-Is-Smashable Area : As you play, the real-world surroundings will seem to get smashed, resulting in holes through which you can see space. The very same space area is where the final boss is fought.
- Evil Laugh: All of the Bosses have one.
- Final Boss, New Dimension: The Final Boss is fought in its own dimension.
- Funny Afro: The bosses gain one upon defeat. The final boss' final form uses one to take cover from your attacks.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The third boss's weakness is exposed by shooting the faces around it. The final boss's first form is damaged from his own crystals.
- Playing Tennis with the Boss: Not done with the level's actual boss, but one enemy in the final stage is a racquet and you have to do this to beat it.
- Samurai: The headgear theme of the first boss.
- Shielded Core Boss
- Socialization Bonus: The more people you can meet and take pictures of in real life, the wider your selection of faces will become. (Of course, you can also use pictures from TV or a computer screen to the same effect.) If you play the game while other people are around, the game might end up automatically taking their picture in the middle of play and adding it to your collection. (Just be sure to ask first!)
- Visual Pun: The final boss is a ball; the miniboss is a bat. Get it?