Barbie is a 1991 platformer video game that was created by Imagineers for Hi-Tech Engineering.
The plot has Barbie having dreams about a date with Ken for the following day after reading a book and her dreams entailing all sorts of adventures that she could encounter.
This game has the following tropes:
- All Just a Dream: The "levels" Barbie goes through are dreamt up by her instead of actually fought.
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: After finishing a level, Barbie is given a certain piece of clothing for her date with Ken.
- Cute Kitten: Barbie encounters one in the Mall. Not only is it adorable, but it's necessary to help you beat one of the levels.
- Everything Is Trying to Kill You: Some of your enemies in the game include water fountains, fish, jellyfish, various articles of clothing and even french fries and hot fudge sundaes.
- The '50s: Implied with the malt shop level given Barbie's attire and the ridiculously cheap food (and justified since the Barbie franchise originated in 1959).
- Heroic Dolphin: One helps you get out of a whirlwind in the Underwater Level.
- The Mall: The setting of the first (and longest) levels, where you have to clear through a boutique, a toy store, a food court and even the mall's water fountains.
- Malt Shop: Where the third and final level takes place in.
- No Antagonist: Seriously. The most physical "villain" in the whole game is the jellyfish in the Underwater Level.
- Stalked by the Bell: In the Underwater Level, if you dawdle for too long in one spot, the jellyfish will begin to chase you.
- Under the Sea: The obvious setting for the underwater level.