Barbie Super Model
is a 1993 game for the IBM Personal Computer
, Sega Genesis
and Super Nintendo Entertainment System
in which the player plays as Barbie
, going through her everyday life. For example, the player does a fashion show on stage, skating on the beach, and driving Barbie's convertible around the city. Many of the games are arcade-style side-scrolling, like having Barbie's car drive horizontally across the screen while trying to steer clear of other cars.
This video game provides examples of:
- Costume Porn: Using large sprites (and/or backgrounds as sprites), the game gets some pretty detailed designs on the clothes.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: Sparkles appear a lot in the game.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: Happens in some of the mini-games, such as hitting seagulls and beach balls while skating at the beach.
- The Fashionista: Pretty much the whole point of the game is dressing up Barbie for the fashion show.
- Fashion Magazine: You have to play a memory game with magazine covers, remembering Barbie's outfit on a magazine cover and finding its match out of a variety of outfits to earn bonus points.
- Fashion Model: Barbie's one in this game, as indicated by the title. So several outfits will be tried on.
- Fashion Show: The main point of the game is to get ready for one.
- Gameplay Roulette: The game switches from a side scroller, to matching magazine covers with outfits, to remembering the correct order of Barbie's dance moves in the span of a few minutes.
- Girly Girl: Barbie is still feminine, even when doing heavy activity.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: Just like the toys, Barbie's body has ridiculously perfect proportions.
- Pimped-Out Dress: Barbie owns a few of these to wear. The title screen has her in a fancy and detailed pink dress.
- Pink Means Feminine: Most of Barbie's possessions seem to be pink.
- Plenty of Blondes: Nearly every woman in the game is a blonde.
- Pretty in Mink: One of her outfits has a fur jacket.
- Perpetual Smiler: Barbie never stops smiling.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: Since the game makes a huge point out of dressing up Barbie, this is to be expected.
- Virtual Paper Doll: One of the mini-games.