Cabbage Patch Kids: Adventures In The Park is a video game developed by Konami and released for the ColecoVision and the MSX. It is based on the popular Cabbage Patch Kids franchise from the 1980s. In the game, you control Anna Lee as you try to safely guide her to the other end of Babyland Park while avoiding obstacles that are in her path, such as bouncing balls, flying fish, and various types of insects.
This game provides examples of
- Action Girl: Anna Lee, as a non-violent kid-friendly example.
- Endless Game: Once you reach the end of the park, you start over in another level and play until you run out of lives.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: With the exception of apples, which you can collect for bonus points.
- Flip-Screen Scrolling
- Never Say "Die": Anna Lee never dies in the game, but simply gets hurt and cries whenever she loses one of her lives.
- Platform Game: Similar to Smurf: Rescue In Gargamel's Castle with a dash of Pitfall added, but with more conventional platform game controls.
- Scoring Points: For clearing obstacles and for reaching the end of the park.
- Timed Mission: You only have a limited amount of time to reach the end of the park before you lose a life.
- Vine Swing: Anna Lee occasionally runs into vines that she must use to swing across ponds and water holes.