As Buzz Lightyear, Space Ranger, you are sent on various missions to apprehend intergalactic criminals by order of Star Command... by chasing them to their getaway spot while using a variety of weapons you happen to find.
The game features most major villains from the show, such as XL, NOS-4-A2, Warp Darkmatter, Gravitina, and more as your main enemies, leading up to a final battle with Zurg to ensure peace in the galaxy.
- Action-Based Mission: The final part of each mission showcases Buzz Lightyear attacking a villain.
- Already Done for You: If Buzz reaches the getaway spot before the villain does, Mira Nova helps lower the villain's defenses.
- Degraded Boss: A jetpack-wielding mook called Snark appears as the boss of Jo-Ad 1, before being reduced to a common enemy in the later planets.
- Enemy Roll Call: After you beat Zurg, you get to see the game's various mooks walking around the arena you fought Zurg in while the credits roll.
- Final Boss: Evil Emperor Zurg at Planet Z.
- Full Motion Video: Based on recycled clips from the show.
- "Get Back Here!" Boss: The main gameplay of all of the stages, as you're chasing the criminal to their getaway spot
- Spiritual Successor: To Toy Story 2.