- Creator Backlash: Paul Verhoeven, director of the original film, was displeased with the idea of the movie getting remade. After viewing the remake, he simply stated that it was "not good".
- Dyeing for Your Art: Jessica Biel spent months in preparation to get in the right shape, describing it as "eating a lot of boring stuff" and working with personal trainers.
- Fake American: Irish man Colin Farrell puts on an American accent. Kate Beckinsale also uses an American accent, but Lori is explicitly undercover. She reverts to her native English when her cover is blown.
- Preview Piggybacking: The Blu-Ray includes a playable demo of God of War: Ascension.
- Real-Life Relative: Director Len Wiseman is the husband of Kate Beckinsale.
- Remake Cameo: Michael Ironside, who starred in the original, was offered a cameo but turned it down.
- Star-Derailing Role: While Jessica Biel was never an A-lister beforehand, the failure of this movie severely damaged her career, and she has done minor roles and independent films ever since. Kate Beckinsale had been derailed by Whiteout, and this set her back, too, until she rebounded with Love & Friendship. Colin Farrell suffered, too, though earned back some critical love with The Lobster.
- What Could Have Been:
- Tom Hardy and Michael Fassbender were both considered for the role of Quaid.
- Kate Bosworth and Diane Kruger were both considered for the role of Lori.
- Eva Green, Rosario Dawson, and Paula Patton were all considered for the role of Melina.
- Eva Mendes was considered for the roles of both Lori and Melina.
- Scarlett Johansson was offered the role of Melina, but turned it down due to her commitment on The Avengers.
Trivia / Total Recall (2012)