Diane Kruger (born Diane Heidkrüger, 15 July 1976 in Algermissen, West Germany) is a German-American supermodel-turned-actress known for her roles in National Treasure, Inglourious Basterds, and Troy, as well as two seasons as the co-lead for The Bridge.
- Duelles (2002): Sabine
- The Piano Player (2002): Erika
- Troy (2004): Helen
- Wicker Park (2004): Lisa
- National Treasure (2004): Abigail Chase
- Joyeux Noël (2005): Anna Sorenson
- Copying Beethoven (2006): Anna Holtz
- National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets (2007): Abigail Chase
- Anything For Her (2008): Lisa
- Inglourious Basterds (2009): Bridget von Hammersmark
- Fringe episode "Olivia. In the Lab. With the Revolver" (2010): Miranda Green.
- Mr. Nobody (2010): Anna
- Unknown (2011): Gina
- Farewell, My Queen (2012): Marie Antoinette
- The Host (2013): The Seeker/Lacey
- The Bridge (US) (2013-2014): Sonya
She provides examples of:
- Omniglot: In addition to her mother tongue (German), she speaks French and English fluently and can dub herself in three languages with no accent. She got to show it off in Inglourious Basterds. Apparently, her English was so good that Quentin Tarantino nearly turned her down for Inglourious Basterds because he wanted an "authentically" German actress.
- Pretty in Mink: Has shown up places wearing a few furs, like a brown rabbit bolero jacket.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: Speaking of which, she's something of an example herself, assuming that Typecasting is a curse (and for an actor with serious talent, it is). She looks so perfectly like a classically gorgeous Hollywood Actress that it's difficult for her to be cast credibly as anything else. Tellingly, her two most well-known (serious) English roles for many years were as the aforementioned most beautiful woman in the world and as a professional (and famous) actress in Inglourious Basterds.