- Cast the Runner-Up: In one interview, Michael Nathanson revealed that he originally auditioned to play David Lieberman, which makes one speculate who would've played Sam Stein if that had happened.
- The Cast Showoff: Giorgia Whigham displays her sleight of hand skills, doing a classic three card monte switch in a single take and slowly, but still just about impossible to catch.
- Fake American:
- Billy Russo and Dinah Madani are portrayed by English actors Ben Barnes and Amber Rose Revah.
- Australian Daniel Webber as Lewis Wilson.
- In Memoriam: Season two ends with a dedication to Stan Lee. Ironic, given that Stan had nothing whatsover to do with the creation of the Punisher.
- The Other Darrin: The actors who play Frank's wife and kids in this show did not portray them in the photographs of Frank's family that were produced for Daredevil. This happens all the time, as in Daredevil, they just needed actors for a photo shoot, not also be acting on screen. One notable discrepancy is that in the photo Karen recovered from Frank's house in Daredevil, Maria is depicted as a blonde, whereas here, flashbacks depict her as a brunette. The in-universe explanation is that Maria probably dyed her hair blonde at one point, while the out-of-universe explanation is that they probably didn't want viewers to confuse Maria with Sarah or with Karen.
- Real-Life Relative: Dinah Madani's parents are played by real life couple Houshang Touzie and Shohreh Aghdashloo.
- Too Soon: Promotional plans for the series at New York Comic-Con were cancelled after the October 2017 mass shooting in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Wag the Director: A positive example, as Jon Bernthal was very aware throughout filming that Frank should not come off as a completely admirable hero, and in a few scenes convinced the director to more clearly play up his darker nature.
- What Could Have Been:
- The creative team tried to work in a cameo for Claire Temple, and Rosario Dawson was very hopeful about it, but ultimately they couldn't figure out a way to have her organically appear (likely considering there was no way she'd be inclined to help someone like Frank) and figured it was better to not force it. This is the reason why Curtis has to stitch Frank's arrow wound up, and later on Dinah's father has to put Frank back together after being tortured by Rawlins. And it is also the reason why Karen Page functions as the crossover character to link this show to the other shows, instead of Claire.
- Steve Lightfoot has revealed that Karen Page was never part of his original plan for the show and she was essentially written in at the eleventh hour. He also may have had more scenes planned for Karen, but Deborah Ann Woll's schedule didn't allow it. She was also shooting The Defenders while The Punisher season 1 was being filmed. Likewise, while a leaked set photo from the set of The Punisher season 2 suggests she'll be back, she again won't be in many episodes since most of the season's shooting schedule is happening simultaneously with Daredevil (2015) season 3, which is Karen's flagship show.
- Written-In Infirmity: In season 2, Frank gets a broken hand and wears a cast for a few episodes. Jon Berenthal broke his hand during a fight scene early in the shooting, so they wrote it into the plot.
- You Look Familiar: Tim Guinee plays Lewis's father, but also played an Air Force Major during the first two Iron Man movies.
Trivia / The Punisher (2017)