Woll is perhaps best known for her roles in television, from 2008 to 2014 as Jessica Hamby in True Blood, and from 2015 to 2019 as Karen Page in Daredevil (2015), The Punisher (2017) and The Defenders.
- My Name Is Earl (2008) as Greta
- True Blood (2008 — 2014) as Jessica Hamby
- Catch 44 (2011) as Dawn
- Ruby Sparks (2012) as Lila
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2015 — 2019) as Karen Page:
- Escape Room (2019) as Amanda Harper
- Escape Room: Tournament of Champions (2021) note
She provides examples of the following tropes:
- Dawson Casting:
- Jessica Hamby is seventeen years old when Bill makes her a vampire. Woll was 23 when she debuted, and 29 by the time the show concluded.
- While largely averted with Karen Page, her limelight episode in Daredevil season 3 plays it straight, as a 33 year old Woll is playing a 19 year old Karen in flashbacks.
- Dye Hard: Woll uses her natural blonde color for Karen Page, but those who associate her with Jessica Hamby from True Blood will associate her with the red color she dyed her hair for that part.
- Meta Casting: Her husband is blind as a result of choroideremia, so her casting as the love interest of a blind man in Daredevil falls into this.
- Ms. Fanservice:
- Jessica is one of the few True Blood characters to not do full frontal nude scenes, between Woll having a no-nudity clause in her contract and HBO being wary of the fact that Jessica is perpetually 17. But she does have plenty of lingerie moments.
- Karen gets a few fanservicey moments, such as being briefly wet and naked while changing into one of Matt's dress shirts, or while dancing scantily clad at a frat party in her limelight episode in season 3.
- Star-Making Role: Her role as Jessica Hamby in True Blood was widely praised by fans and critics, making her an Ensemble Dark Horse and opening lots of doors.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 5′10″.
- Wag the Director: Woll is very open about her dislike for the fact that in the two comic storylines where Karen is most prominently featured, bad things happen to her (in Daredevil: Born Again, she became a drug-addicted porn star who sold Matt's identity out to Wilson Fisk for a fix. And in Guardian Devil, she was killed by Bullseye). During production of Daredevil season 3, she worked very closely with showrunner Erik Oleson to ensure Karen's backstory steered towards something that made her more heroic. So while Karen is still a former drug user, it was something she did while she was in a toxic relationship with a drug dealer, and she kicked the habit after she got her brother killed while driving under the influence. Karen also never sells Matt out to Fisk, as Fisk instead figures out by himself that Matt is Daredevil. Meanwhile, her death in Guardian Devil is subverted at the last second by having Dex kill Father Lantom instead.