Tarantino-esque thriller from writer/director Aaron Harvey. Bad girls Tes (Malin Åkerman), Kara (Nikki Reed) and Dawn (Deborah Ann Woll) are hanging out in a Louisiana diner at 3 AM. Their crime boss Mel (Bruce Willis) has instructed them to stop an unauthorized drug hand-off happening on his turf. Guns are drawn, people get shot, Ronny (Forest Whitaker), a weird hitman, is lurking at the periphery of the action, and things go sideways very quickly.
This film provides examples of:
- Affectionate Pickpocket: Tes's specialty. Subverted in that the two wallets she lifts over the course of the movie contain bupkis.
- Anachronic Order: What part of Tarantino-esque did you not get? (See also Mexican Standoff.)
- Boom, Headshot!: Mel shoots Ronny in the side of the head - and carves out a hotdog bun-sized crevice in the process.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: With his odd wardrobe, stringy soul-patch, and fondness for pecans, Mel is extremely eccentric.
- Cluster F-Bomb
- Faux Death: Tes. Spoiled by an early flash-forward.
- Improbably Cool Car: Ronny's late-60's Camaro SS.
- Mexican Standoff: Several.
- Noodle Incident: The girls' last job for Mel did not go well at all. They theorize that this gig is a way to redeem themselves in his eyes. Wrong.
- Stalker with a Crush: Ronny, to Tes.
- Title Drop: Mel does, in fact, carry a .44 Magnum. See Boom, Headshot!.
- Unexplained Accent: Ronny has several of them.