- Acting for Two: Usually, at least with the Japanese audio, whoever is doing the voice of Asagi is already providing the voice of another character in the game. This is what allows Asagi to get away with having a new voice actress with every appearance. Alternatively, her voice actress may be providing one of the game's vocal themes instead.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Barbara Goodson (Rita Repulsa from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and Alcyone from Magic Knight Rayearth) supplies the voice of Laharl in the video games. Rather refreshingly for a profession that has no problem with replacing previous actors with sound-alikes, she voices Laharl in every single instance (with the slight glaring exception of Prinny 2), even in other games where he's no more than a brief cameo.
- Milestone Celebration: Disgaea D2 is one of five games developed for Nippon Ichi's 20th Anniversary and, unlike the past three games, has Laharl, Etna, and Flonne return as the main characters.
- The Other Darrin: Michelle Ruff took over for Amanda Winn-Lee as the voice of Etna in every game after the first. They even re-recorded Etna's dialogue for Afternoon Of Darkness.
- Grant George did the voice for the Prinnies from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness to Makai Kingdom. Starting with Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories, Dave Wittenberg took over as the voice actor of the Prinnies until Trinity Universe, where Grant George becomes his voice actor once again.
- It's gotten kind of confusing now. The side-stories in D3:Ao D have Prinnies with a different VA (Sam Riegel) and Disgaea 4 has yet another different VA for them. Some fans may like this as it gives Prinnies different sounding voices across the games but some fans will still desire consistency.
- Averted in Japanese, where their sole voice actor is Junji Majima, he of Ryuuji Takasu and Teres Tolue fame.
- The Wiki Rule: Disgaea Wiki.
Trivia / Disgaea