- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Was released on DVD by ADV, but is now out of print due to the company going under. Just try getting the entire series on DVD. Hell, some scalpers want 125 bucks for the last volume alone.
- Name's the Same: Marvel Frozen is also the name of a character from the first Star Ocean, which was changed to "Mavelle Froesson" in the localization.
- The Other Darrin: After the original broadcast, not all the actors returned to portray their characters in subsequent works. Keiko Yokozawa took over from Masako Ikeda as Silkie Mau starting with the sequel OVA New Story of Aura Battler. Whilst Shinobu Adachi filled in for Miki Saijou as Garalia Nyamhee initially just for crossover works such as Super Robot Wars but then later in official Dunbine material such as the animated Pachinko game cutscenes.
- Referenced by...: This series was a mainstay during Super Robot Wars's early years, and was included in EX, 4/F/FF, 64, Alpha 1, Compact, the Compact 2 Trilogy & Impact, Compact 3, and Scramble Commander the 2nd. After that, it disappeared for a while, then finally returned in UX, alongside its Spinoff The Wings of Rean. After that, it started showing up more frequently, appearing in OE, BX, X, T, and DD. Dunbine is widely considered as the 'Grandaddy of Isekai Mecha Anime' due to this and most shows with similar premises, when appearing in SRW, tend to be accompanied with Dunbine.
- Units from New Story of Aura Battler Dunbine have made appearances in 4, 64, Compact 2, OE, and BX. As far as entries where the story/characters are also present, they were first featured in Compact 3, Silkie showed up as a guest of sorts in X, and she returns in T alongside protagonist Shion and Big Bad Rabern. Also noteworthy is that T is not only the first SRW to try and run both plots and protagonists together in one game, but also marks the debut of the Bellvine, an Aura Battler likely intended to be Shion's Mid-Season Upgrade, but was scrapped from the OVA, and therefore, only appeared in an obscure artbook until now.
- What Could Have Been: The artbook "Aura Battlers: Aura Fhantasm" reveals that there was supposed to be many more Aura Battlers than just the Sirbine and Zwauth that were seen in the OVA sequel. Like them, the others would have been "replicas" built from scraps of the original series mecha (e.g the Gargoyle would have been based on the Vierres). Their presence also indicates that the story of the OVA was likely meant to be longer and involved more characters than it ended up doing.
Trivia / Aura Battler Dunbine