- Approval of God: A YouTube Poop called ultrasdf was made in 2015, combining asdfmovies 1 through 8 together. Tom loved it, and commented, "This is the greatest thing I have ever seen."
- Ascended Meme: Shortly after the release of "Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep," the comment section had a field day with the formula of "X, X, I'm a [animal that rhymes with X]" jokes. A few days later, composer LilDeuceDeuce compiled a few into their own song.
- The Character Died with Him: Played straight, then subverted with the "I Like Trains" Kid. Following Edd Gould's death in 2012, the character was retired from the series, save for one instance where he didn't speak. Eventually, Tom Ska started working the sole recording of his only line into future installments, albeit without the character on-screen for some reason.
- Creator Backlash: It seems that way to some watching The Muffin Song video, but as Tom explains in the accompanying vlog, it's actually more to do with his sense of humor evolving from the 2007-era "lolrandom" material that the series runs on and his increasing difficulty relating to that despite still loving the series and his work on it.
- In the accompanying vlog, while saying he does not dislike asdfmovie as a whole, he does point out multiple gags that he does regret.
- Creator Breakdown: Much of the darker humour of the seventh movie can be attributed to TomSka's depression during its writing.
- Follow the Leader: asdf in Real Life, asdf in LEGO, asdf in Minecraft, asdf in Happy Wheels, asdf in Modern Warfare 3, asdf in Black Ops 2. All of them play the audio of one or multiple of the asdf videos and attempt to get them to look as close to possible as the original. They meet with varying degrees of success. It got a point where they made a website with all the best remakes and remixes of the various videos and spin-offs.
- What Could Have Been: According to Tom's video "asdf history", he originally had some plans to make asdfmovie a LIVE-ACTION series.
Trivia / asdfmovie