- Approval of God:
- RemSlyPro's Youtube Poop ultrasdf was made in 2015, splicing asdfmovies 1 through 8 together. Tom loved it, and commented, "This is the greatest thing I have ever seen."
- Tom also loved the "We'll Be Right Back" meme edits, commenting "I should not have laughed at as many of these as I did... which was all of them".
- Ascended Meme: Shortly after the release of "Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep," the comment section had a field day with the formula of "X, X, I'm a [animal that rhymes with X]" jokes. A few days later, composer LilDeuceDeuce compiled a few into their own song.
- Children Voicing Children: The child at the end of asdfmovie12 and Marshmallow Man in asdfmovie13 is voiced by 2-year old Rik Bowley, son of Eddie Bowley, Tom's writing partner and long-time collaborator.
- Creator Backlash:
- It seems that way to some watching The Muffin Song video, but as Tom explains in the accompanying vlog, it's actually more to do with his sense of humor evolving from the 2007-era "lolrandom" material that the series runs on and his increasing difficulty relating to that despite still loving the series and his work on it.
- In the accompanying vlog, while saying he does not dislike asdfmovie as a whole, he does point out multiple gags that he regrets adding, and specifically points out not liking the first and tenth installments.
- If this bit from Tom, Elliot and Eddie's playthrough of Muffin Time is any indication, Tom deeply regrets the "butt" gag from 11. His regrets were explained in more detail closer to the release of 11 here.
- Creator Breakdown: Much of the darker humour of the seventh movie can be attributed to Ridgewell's depression during its writing.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: The woman being robbed in asdfmovie1 was clearly Tom trying to do a female voice.
- Follow the Leader: asdf in Real Life, asdf in LEGO, asdf in Minecraft, asdf in Happy Wheels, asdf in Modern Warfare 3, asdf in Black Ops 2. All of them play the audio of one or multiple of the asdf videos and attempt to get them to look as close to possible as the original. They meet with varying degrees of success. It got a point where they made a website (since abandoned) with all the best remakes and remixes of the various videos and spin-offs.
- Magnum Opus Dissonance: While many people consider asdfmovie10 one of the best videos in the series, TomSka revealed in a vlog that he's not too fond of it.
- The Other Marty: In The Complete History of Me (3/3), TomSka revealed the I Like Trains Kid was originally voiced by his younger cousin before getting replaced by Edd Gould.
- What Could Have Been:
- According to Tom's video "asdf history", he originally had some plans to make asdfmovie a LIVE-ACTION series.
- Several jokes were changed due to Tom's worries about his videos being demonitised. Notably, "Pfft, screw gravity" was originally "fuck gravity".
- The "child murderer" joke in asdfmovie10 was originally "child molester", but Tom found that way too far even for a black comedy series.
- There was supposed to be "And now, a universe where..." gag in one of the asdfmovies, but after Tom came up with about ten different universes while writing the script, he decided to turn it into its own comedy sketch titled MEANWHILE.
- The original joke, where watches don't exist, eventually made its way into the final sketch in 13, albeit with noses instead of watches.
- In the skit where a baby says "Daddy" in asdfmovie13, the second character originally reacted slightly differently from the final version.
- Word of God: "I Like Trains" Kid's name is "Ryan", which was apparently an inside joke between Tom and Edd.
Trivia / asdfmovie