Like many other Abridged Series, this pays homage to several other series, and in one episode, lampshades the entire concept ofCOMPLETELY. ORIGINAL. CONCEPT.
- Sonic apes a couple of lines from Bugs Bunny - first, after having the message from Knuckles blow up in his face, he mutters "I hope you realize, this means war..." Then, when he first confronts Knuckles, he quips "Ehhh, what's up, Knux?"
- The insult Sonic uses to goad Knux into making the first punch
Knuckles: I've had enough of you, Hedgehog!! It's time to reclaim my glory, and the only way to do that, is by kicking your spikey BUTT!!
- Chuck talks about Mrs. Thorndyke being so in-demand, that every rehab facility waits for her to slip up. Especially in recent times, Does This Remind You of Anything?
Chuck: And his mom's one of the most in-demand stars in Hollywood—even the rehab facilities have to fight over her!
- When Stewart is trying to get his class back...
- There's a certain code which activates E-51's personality wipe. But instead of sitting in a chair, becoming a blank slate, you just have to say a certain set of numbers:
Eggman: I'm just re-setting your personality and effectively removing everything that makes you an individual.
E-51: Heh, well, since you put it like thwhaaaaaa—!?