Index | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
Directed by Kim Manners
Scully: Wait a second. How can that be?
Reyes: It could only be that this whacked UFO cult found a second spacecraft.
Another buried alien spaceship is found, which stemmed from the pursuit of a man possessing documents containing symbols from that vehicle. And for some reason, he has his eyes set on Scully's baby, William.
- The Adjectival Man: Debut of the Toothpick Man.
- Apocalypse Cult: A UFO related one are involved in the events of the episode.
- Cliffhanger: A high-ranking member of the UFO cult intercepts the Lone Gunmen's vehicle. She heads towards Byers, who is holding William, and aims a pistol at his head.
- Idiot Ball: Doggett for staying behind to confront the watching cult member alone, remaining where he was standing as the car drove towards him and hit him, and Scully for giving William to the Lone Gunmen, who had no means of self defense against the cult.
- Myth Arc: This continues the story of Scully trying to protect her child and brings back the ancient markings which possibly could be the Word of God and also introduces another spaceship with different markings.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: Kersh and Follmer, as ever. Skinner as well in this instance.
- Put on a Bus: The last appearance of Margaret Scully in the original series.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Doggett calls out Skinner big time in this episode for keeping information from the X-Files team.
- Would Hurt a Child: Agent Comer tries to smother William with a pillow but thankfully fails.