Index | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22
Directed by Rob Bowman
An artifact found in West Africa implies that aliens have had a hand in human evolution and history, and also seems to be doing something to Mulder's brain.
- Cliffhanger: Scully ends up finding a spaceship buried in the African sands, which will undoubtedly challenge her beliefs.
- Myth Arc: First part of a three parter.
- Meaningful Name: Biogenesis means the appearance/creation of life. And it is also one of the stages of evolution in the theories of Teilhard de Chardin.
- Sanity Slippage: Mulder suffers from this after his exposure to the artifact.
- Wham Shot: In the end, Scully is taken to another site in Africa where a discovery has been made. She rubs the sand below her, finding a giant slab of metal with Navajo symbols. Cue a bird's eye view of Scully panning up... with the slab being revealed to belong to an alien spaceship.