Index | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
Nothing Important Happened Today
Directed by Kim Manners
Kersh: Maybe. So what?
Follmer: All of think he's lost all judgement. That not one man's actions should affect the entire FBI. We're feeling he should be called out for this.
Two days after the season eight finale, Mulder vanishes and Doggett and Reyes conduct an investigation into Kersh and the events surrounding William's birth.
- Bookends: The episode begins and ends with the female Super Soldier grabbing someone from underwater and dragging them further into its depths, with Carl in the first instance, and Doggett in the second.
- Cliffhanger: When Doggett hides inside one of Greater Maryland Water Reclamation Facilities' filtration tanks to evade Follmer, he is suddenly pulled deeper by the female Super Soldier.
- Continuity Nod: Reyes can't find a pencil in Mulder's desk because they're all stuck in the ceiling above her. In previous episodes, Mulder's often seen throwing pencils into the ceiling when he's bored.
- Disappeared Dad: Mulder has disappeared at the beginning of the episode, leaving Scully and William behind, to Doggett's great annoyance.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Doggett gets quickly fed up with the lack of faith and trust everyone suddenly has in him while he's trying to do the right thing, after proving himself time and again. How quickly everyone has changed their tune in the span of two days.
- Exploited Immunity: A female Super Soldier who can't be killed lures a man into driving her home, forces his car to drive off a bridge and holds him underwater until he drowns.
- Full-Frontal Assault: the female Super Soldier infiltrates a water reclamation plant and drowns a lone worker while she's naked.
- Get Out!: Scully to Doggett when he demands the truth she's hiding from him, to his deep, understandable frustration.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: The Lone Gunmen get called in and offer a line reflecting the cancellation of their own show.Byers: Like we've got anything better to be doing these days.
- Mysterious Informant: Whoever slipped that file to Reyes.
- Noodle Incident: How the Lone Gunmen escaped the predicament that served as the cliffhanger ending for their series.
- Obstructive Bureaucrat: Skinner takes over this role for the episode in regards to poor Doggett, along with Brad Follmer.
- Only Sane Man: Doggett big time, the way almost everyone all of a sudden at once wants him to give up his case against the corrupt Kersh, with only Reyes supporting him right away. Scully only supports him when it becomes in her interests to do so, in regards to William.
- Trapped in a Sinking Car: A female Super Soldier lures a man into taking her home and forces his car over the edge of a bridge and into the water. She then uses her immunity to death to hold him underwater until he drowns.