Index | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22
The Sixth Extinction
Directed by Kim Manners
Scully investigates an alien spacecraft being dug up in West Africa. Mulder continues to struggle with his alien-induced cognitive changes, with Skinner and Michael Kritschgau's assistance.
- Blessed with Suck: Mulder gains the ability to read minds. Too bad it's basically making his brain melt.
- The Bus Came Back: Michael Kritschgau, the Department of Defence employee who tried to convince Mulder that the alien conspiracy was a lie, and then changed sides to help Mulder find Scully's cancer cure, returns in this episode and the next.
- Cliffhanger: When Amina calls the local police and returns to the tent site erected to dig up the alien spaceship, the ship has completely vanished. Also, Mulder's condition has not been cured yet.
- Hallucinations: Throughout the episode, Scully keeps seeing someone the credits call a "Primitive African Man", who disappears the moment she averts her gaze.
- Holding Hands: Scully holds Mulder's hand while he lies unresponsive in the hospital.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Kritschgau makes a number of good points, and receives only reluctant assistance from Skinner when he points them out and that Mulder specifically needed his expertise.
- Knight in Sour Armor: Kritschgau is understandably reluctant to help Mulder again after having his life essentially destroyed the last time he did. Nevertheless, he saddles up, rolls up his sleeves and helps all he can, for all the good it does him in the next episode.