Dunces and DragonsWhile at a Medieval themed event, Spongebob and Patrick are catapulted back into Medieval times, where they meet ancestors of their friends and neighbors and have to rescue the princess from an evil wizard.
This episode provides examples of...
- Anachronism Stew: Medieval Bikini Bottom has a bowling alley, of all things.
- Comically Missing the Point:SpongeBob: I don't think we can stop the dragon with our bare hands.
Patrick: Yeah. We need some gloves.
- Damsel in Distress: Princess Pearl
- Dirty Coward: While Squidly is much friendlier to Spongebob and Patrick than his descendant, he still asks the Dark Knight to get them and let him pass.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: or rather, a sponge and starfish out of temporal water.
- Giving Radio to the Romans: SpongeBob introduces the Krabby Patty to Medieval times. King Krabs takes the invention as his own.
- Identical Ancestor: Most of the characters SpongeBob and Patrick meet in Medieval Bikini Bottom are ancestors of the rest of the cast.
- Or Was It a Dream?: At the end, SpongeBob wakes up from where he and Patrick got knocked out in the jousting incident and assumes that their adventure was All Just a Dream. Patrick says "tell that to Squidley" and reveals Squidly crushed underneath him.
- Whole Plot Reference: To A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: How most of the Medieval Bikini Bottomites speak.