SpongeBob mistakes an escaped criminal for his new driving instructor.
"The Getaway" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Parodied at the end: "Drive safely, and always wear your seatbelt!"
- Agony of the Feet: Mrs. Puff slams her heel on Dorsal Dan's tender feet while it's on the gas pedal.
- Birds of a Feather: Mrs. Puff and Dorsal Dan bond as they chase after SpongeBob and Stickfins, especially after Dan tells Mrs. Puff how he used to be a teacher.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: The grave of Smitty Werberjegarmanjensen can be seen.
- Getaway Driver: Dorsal Dan is one. Stickyfins uses SpongeBob as one.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Mrs. Puff has a romantic fling with Dorsal Dan. While they're in the car together, he tickles her foot, which greatly arouses her. It gets more inappropriate when you realize feet are among the most common sexual fetishes.
- Pity the Kidnapper: By the end of the episode, Stickyfins begs the cops to put him back in jail after enduring SpongeBob's crazy driving.
- Special Guest: Joe Pantoliano as Stickyfins Whiting and Steve Buscemi as Dorsal Dan
Lost and Found
Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob to search for a missing toy in the Krusty Krab's lost and found.
"Lost and Found" contains examples of:
- Adults Dressed as Children: Justified by the old people in the lost and found, who have been trapped in there since childhood.
- Crying Little Kid: The little boy who won't stop crying for his teddy fish.
- Eye Scream: A hot krabby patty falls from the ceiling and lands in Squidward's eye.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Many items from past episodes can be seen in the lost and found. King Neptune's crown, a Goofy Goober costume, the magical bag of winds, the Goofy Goober Guitar, a Goofy Goober hat, Squidward's soufflé, the soda drink hat, and a map of Finland
- Medium-Shift Gag: The rubber chicken that SpongeBob dances with suddenly turns into a live-action chicken that flies away.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: After SpongeBob finally makes it out of the lost and found with the teddy fish, the little boy decides that he doesn't want it anymore and would rather have the Tylosaurus instead.
- Unreliable Narrator: Squidward finds a box of kazoos in the lost and found, and remembers when he used to play one in elementary school, saying that everybody loved it. However, the flashback shows everyone running out of the school building when Squidward plays his kazoo.