SpongeBob mistakes an escaped criminal for his new driving instructor.
"The Getaway" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Parodied at the end: "Drive safely, and always wear your seatbelt!"
- Agony of the Feet: Mrs. Puff slams her heel on Dorsal Dan's tender feet while it's on the gas pedal.
- Birds of a Feather: Mrs. Puff and Dorsal Dan bond as they chase after SpongeBob and Stickfins, especially after Dan tells Mrs. Puff how he used to be a teacher.
- Continuity Nod: The grave of Smitty Werberjegarmanjensen can be seen.
- Getaway Driver: Dorsal Dan is one. Stickyfins uses SpongeBob as one.
- Pity the Kidnapper: By the end of the episode, Stickyfins begs the cops to put him back in jail after enduring SpongeBob's crazy driving.
- Special Guest: Joe Pantoliano as Stickyfins Whiting and Steve Buscemi as Dorsal Dan
- Unflattering ID Photo: SpongeBob's student driver card has a photo of him making a big dopey grin.
Lost and Found
Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob to search for a missing toy in the Krusty Krab's lost and found.
"Lost and Found" contains examples of:
- Adults Dressed as Children: Justified by the old people in the lost and found, who have been trapped in there since childhood.
- Continuity Cavalcade: Many items from past episodes can be seen in the lost and found. King Neptune's crown, a Goofy Goober costume, the magical bag of winds, the Goofy Goober Guitar, a Goofy Goober hat, Squidward's soufflé, the soda drink hat, and a map of Finland
- Eye Scream: A hot krabby patty falls from the ceiling and lands in Squidward's eye.
- Lost Toy Grievance: The plot is kicked off by the little boy crying and screaming for his lost teddy fish.
- Medium-Shift Gag: The rubber chicken that SpongeBob dances with suddenly turns into a live-action chicken that flies away.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: After SpongeBob finally makes it out of the lost and found with the teddy fish, the little boy decides that he doesn't want it anymore and would rather have the Tylosaurus instead.
- Shout-Out: The scene where SpongeBob and the lost older children run through the lost mine is a reference to the mine scene in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- The "Lost World" where SpongeBob and the lost kids run through is a reference to the novel of the same name.
- Unreliable Narrator: Squidward finds a box of kazoos in the lost and found, and remembers when he used to play one in elementary school, saying that everybody loved it. However, the flashback shows everyone running out of the school building when Squidward plays his kazoo.