The Incredible Shrinking Sponge
SpongeBob must figure out how to do his job after accidentally shrinking himself.
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge contains examples of:
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: At the end, SpongeBob absorbs too many bubbles, making him grow into a giant.
- Eek, a Mouse!!: Squidward acts like this when he sees a sea urchin in the Krusty Krab, and afterwards, tries to hit it with a steel pipe. He tries to do the same thing with SpongeBob who he mistakes for a sea urchin.
- Eye Scream: Happens to Squidward when he accidentally flips a krabby patty into his right eye.
- Hand-or-Object Underwear: The small SpongeBob briefly places pickle slices over his front and back.
- Height Angst: Subverted with Plankton, who celebrates that he is now an inch taller than SpongeBob. SpongeBob gets this briefly when his small height prevents him from fry cooking.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: The main plot of the episode is SpongeBob himself getting shrunken down to size due to the intense heat coming from the grill.
- Shapeshifting Excludes Clothing: SpongeBob's clothes do not shrink with him, leaving him naked for most of the episode.
Squidward invents a new sport to get back at SpongeBob and Patrick for annoying him.
Sportz? contains examples of:
- Badass Long Robe: Squidward wears one as part of his role as the Rule Giver.
- Failed a Spot Check: SpongeBob and Patrick don't look on the side of the box that has Sandy's name on it.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: Squidward is asked by SpongeBob and Patrick to teach them how to play sports properly and is given advice on what to do by angel and devil versions of himself. Angel Squidward advises that he must give them the right information so they don't hurt themselves, while Devil Squidward sadistically gloats that Squidward has the opportunity to trick the two dolts into hurting each other as payback for all the times they annoyed him. Angel Squidward ends up agreeing with Devil Squidward after he gets hit by a tennis ball.
- Medium Blending: At one point, Squidward ends up getting his body sliced up into live-action calamari that contains his eyes.
- Series Continuity Error: SpongeBob and Patrick dont know what sports and the equipment they received are, but in past episodes, they do.
- Twisted Ankle: SpongeBob and Patrick get painfully swollen ankles after Squidward makes them run in ice skates.