When Patrick finds out that his free ice cream coupon is expired, he has to go to the Ice Cream King for a chance to get a free ice cream regardless of expiration.
Patrick's Coupon contains examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: Patrick calls SpongeBob SpongeKnob HairPants at one point.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: The Ice Cream King is a tubby pink starfish with a waffle-cone skirt and pink pimples with a single hair in it. It makes him look like a strawberry cone with cherries.
- Birds of a Feather: Patrick and the Ice Cream King get along very well due to being large pink dumb starfish.
- Everyone Has Standards: Squidward shames Mr. Krabs out of scamming Patrick for his free ice-cream coupon.
- Mind-Control Eyes: Patrick's eyes turn into spirals when he becomes paranoid of everyone trying to take his coupon.
- Rapid Hair Growth: Patrick and the Ice Cream King engage in a hair growing contest. The Ice Cream King seems to do a better job of it.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Two of them:
- The first being by the time Patrick gets to the ice-cream shop, the coupon is out of date. It turns out all the coupons are out of date due to the Ice Cream King's stupidity.
- The second is when Patrick brings his ice-cream to SpongeBob, it's already melted.
- Special Guest: Peter Browngardt (Uncle Grandpa creator) as the Ice Cream King.
- Spiders Are Scary: The sea spider in Patrick's house. Up close, it does have a scary appearance.
- The End: The episode ends on one.
Out of the Picture
Mr. Krabs buys Squidward's art, but he has to get the artist out of the picture to make profit.
Out of the Picture contains examples of:
- The Bus Came Back: After not having appeared since Season 1, Rock Bottom finally makes an appearance, complete with a couple of its citizens who still remember SpongeBob. Bonus points for Squidward arriving on a bus (the same way SpongeBob and Patrick first arrived).
- Dead Artists Are Better: The art appraiser informs Mr. Krabs that artwork is worth more when the artist is "no longer with us".
- Explain, Explain... Oh, Crap!:Squidward: Wait! Why do I need a rocket? Where is this delivery to?Mr. Krabs: Mars. (closes door)Squidward: Oh, Mars. Well, the...MMMMMMARS?!
- Eye Scream: Larry's eyes bursts into flames upon seeing Squidward's painting.
- Jerkass Ball: Mr. Krabs trying to murder Squidward just to sell his paintings for millions of dollars.
- Never Say "Die": The term "out of the picture" is used rather than the word "dead", but the art appraiser mimes a noose hanging when saying this.
- Only Sane Man: SpongeBob plays this role for this episode, such as trying to keep Squidward from being killed on the deliveries Mr. Krabs sends him on and expressing concern when Mr. Krabs and Squidward destroy the Krusty Krab.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom:
- SpongeBob getting Mr. Krabs to buy all of Squidward's paintings by saying they will be worth more in the future.
- The art appraiser for informing Mr. Krabs that art is worth more when the artist is dead.
- Your Head A-Splode: Happens to a customer who views Squidward's painting.