Criminals rob a bank, and realize that the police are coming. That's where the Getaway Driver comes in. It's this guy's job to come in and drive the criminals away from cops with a chase scene to follow.
- In the manga of Sentou Yousei Yukikaze, Rei Fukai's backstory had him as this for a gang of jewel thieves. This was the crime that got him arrested and sent to Faery.
- In Sing, Johnny's dad wants him to be the getaway driver for a heist. The trouble is that it conflicts with the singing auditions.
- In Drive, the main character is this.
- Jason Statham's character in the first The Transporter movie was this in the opening scene.
- In Snatch., Tyrone is this despite his size causing his exits from the car to take long. But Sol said he's really fast when the situation calls for it.
- The titular character in Baby Driver drives bank robbers away from the scene.
- In the video game Dino Attack, there's Montoya behind the wheel when he took on the job of being the getaway driver during the Dacta Corp.
- A string of side missions in Sleeping Dogs has Wei being a getaway driver for Calvin whenever he does something outrageous, like, oh I don't know, detonating a bomb at the police station while standing in front of it.
- PAYDAY The Heist and PAYDAY 2 has a getaway driver at the end of a heist, though sometimes the sequel mixes it up with a getaway boat and helicopter.
- In Gangsters in Love, the main character drives a getaway car in Ash's route.
- The Grand Theft Auto series feature the player or NPCs involved in being this in various forms.
- The Legend of Korra has one of Toph's daughters being this for two criminals. (It sealed the rift between Lin and Suyin.)
- A Robot Chicken sketch has a group of robbers hiring Toad to be their getaway driver.
- An episode of Spongebob Squarepants has a criminal using SpongeBob as a getaway driver by pretending to be his new driving instructor. In this case, the criminal is the one in real danger.