Archer is overjoyed when he meets personal hero, Burt Reynolds, only to find out that Reynolds is dating his mother, Malory.
This episode provides examples of:
- As Himself: Burt Reynolds
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: When another van is sent flying off a ramp.Archer: Wait, was that the same footage?
- Bring My Brown Pants: Archer says that he wets himself while Burt drives.
- Car Skiing: To get through a narrow alleyway and evade the NYPD.
- Chase Scene: With Burt Reynolds driving it is to be expected.
- Continuity Nod: The Cuban Hit squad use a picture of Archer from Honeypot leading them to mistake Gillette for Archer.
- The petrol truck is labelled AmPetCo, a petroleum seen in other episodes.
- Dead Baby Comedy: Pam's "I swear to god you could drown a toddler in my panties right now".
- Deadly Dodging: Burt Reynolds gets the Cuban gangsters to shoot each other by driving between them.
- Drives Like Crazy: Archer is freaked out by how fast Burt drives.
- Funny Background Event: One of the Cuban hitmen waves at Burt when he notices him while they're driving.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": Archer is a huge fan of Burt Reynolds.
- Human Shield: Archer quickly shields himself with Cyril when surprised by Lana (he was worried about a Cuban squad).
- Irony: Burt's whole speech to Archer about needing to learn to let Malory live her own life because she is a whole person with hopes and dreams, not just his mother. Burt is obviously unaware (at this point) that Malory is both an Evil Matriarch and My Beloved Smother. Her dysfunctional, codependent relationship with Sterling is mostly her own doing. The season kicked off with Malory throwing all the resources at her disposal towards having Sterling dragged back to her after he had run off to the South Pacific after his fiance, who she had despised, was murdered.
- Lemming Cops: In classic fashion, they pile-up in the failed car chase.
- Overt OperativeArcher: Yeah, youve heard of me, huh?
Burt: Well, just from your
Archer: Press clippings, yeah. Its pretty hard to stay anonymous when youre the worlds greatest secret agent.
Burt: Calling yourself that cant help.
- Parent with New Paramour: Archer literally faints when he finds out his mother is dating Burt Reynolds.
- Parents as People: Burt teaches Archer this.
- Pistol Whip
- Serious Business: Krieger and his van.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Burt suggests that Archer should install a Batpole, Archer already tried but the co-op board wouldn't allow him to put one in the grabage chute.
- Uncomfortable Elevator Moment: Burt Reynolds and Archer have just teamed up to take down a Cuban hit-squad, and we cut to... them riding the elevator from Archer's penthouse to the garage.Burt: *Beat*...you're kidding me.Archer: I know. Drives me nuts. It's like, the world's slowest elevator.
- Vehicular Sabotage: Krieger's van brake lines are cut.
- Voicemail Confusion/Funny Answering Machine: In the Flashback when Malory tries to warn Archer about the Cuban death squad, she gets so pissed off by his elaborate voicemail pranks that she hangs up on him with extreme prejudice.